Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I feel like at this point, why does Apple even hold a pre-order? Why not just let everyone try their luck on launch day lol.

Actually, I think everything should be by pre-order or reservation only, at least for the first week or so. It takes the guess work out of everything so you don't have this confused launch day mess of queuing up at a store and hoping for the best.

Of course, that would take away the launch day lines which are good publicity for Apple, but it would work a heck of a lot better for us.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
still processing IPhone 128 GB matte black 7+ (T-Mobile) ordered at Apple.com oct 4-10

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2008
Actually, I think everything should be by pre-order or reservation only, at least for the first week or so. It takes the guess work out of everything so you don't have this confused launch day mess of queuing up at a store and hoping for the best.

Of course, that would take away the launch day lines which are good publicity for Apple, but it would work a heck of a lot better for us.

I for one would hate if the only option were to stand in line, or wait a month or so until the lines have subsided to swing by the store and still maybe not have luck in getting exactly what you want.

I'm ok with pre-order, i'll wait and get what i wanted right in my door step.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I for one would hate if the only option were to stand in line, or wait a month or so until the lines have subsided to swing by the store and still maybe not have luck in getting exactly what you want.

I'm ok with pre-order, i'll wait and get what i wanted right in my door step.

Exactly. It's bad enough that Apple has decided that the best way handle this is to randomly ship pallets of assorted iPhones to stores across the world. Pre-orders are far from perfect, but at least it gives you some predictability.

brewer08

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
128 black 7+. October 4-10. Started with the app right at midnight. Only refreshed for a couple minutes before I could get in. Already had the phone favorited so it loaded right up and I went to check out. Didn't realize there was a whole other process for signing up for the AUP and by the time I was done filling out all that info the delivery date had slipped to 2-3 weeks.

exact thing happened to me, just hoping we get our phones sooner than expected

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
7 Plus 128GB Jet Black AT&T. Sept 26- Oct 3. I don't receive it Friday (which I'm sure I won't), I'm going to try to reserve one for pickup on Saturday when they open it back up. I was hoping some dates would get moved up but that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Wow you have an actual date. Very jealous right now.
Yeah well I pushed for a date as my plan actually ends on that date. They said it would definitely be delivered by that date, but could be up to a month earlier, which would be even better. To be honest I expect it late in the month of October or early November at the earliest. Telstra is a bit odd when it comes to Apple things as they will often have stock in stores but you can not get them online. I'll just have to wait and see how things go :)

natedog_1980

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
UK here, ordered in the first minute I could on the app, said 16th before I confirmed the payment, then 29th sept once I had paid. 7+ 128gb. They must only have 3 in stock ready to ship. Damn you Apple

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
A sales process that occurs a week before a merchandise is first made available to the general public which does not result in a customer getting the merchandise on the day it is generally available defies the meaning of a pre-order.

Reactions: AppleDior31

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2008
A sales process that occurs a week before a merchandise is first made available to the general public which does not result in a customer getting the merchandise on the day it is generally available defies the meaning of a pre-order.

I'd have to agree. You pre-order so you're the first one to get your hands on it as soon as its available. :confused:

Reactions: AppleDior31

jld501

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I have been upgraded to "preparing for shipment" guys and gals. My previous estimate was 9/26-10/3, now i'm 9/23-9/30. Keep the faith people!!
IMG_3547.PNG

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
I ordered a 128gb rose gold 7plus on Sunday 9/11 on apple.com my delivery date is September 28-30. I'm wondering what my chances are tomorrow if I just walk into att and get the same model. Probably slim since I won't make it until after work around 3pm. But I may try :)

Reactions: SNCColes09

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
The status of my pre-order for a Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus changed from processing to preparing to ship. Needless to say, this change was preceded by a pending charge on my credit card. However, I still have the original delivery date range of September 28-30.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I'm a Oct 6 - 11'er but I noticed the paypal transaction has been completed.
Does Apple treat paypal different than credit card when charging before shipping?

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
The status of my pre-order for a Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus changed from processing to preparing to ship. Needless to say, this change was preceded by a pending charge on my credit card. However, I still have the original delivery date range of September 28-30.
Same here! I hope it comes sooner. I'm leaving on a trip next Wednesday and would love to have my new phone.

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
I ordered a 128gb rose gold 7plus on Sunday 9/11 on apple.com my delivery date is September 28-30. I'm wondering what my chances are tomorrow if I just walk into att and get the same model. Probably slim since I won't make it until after work around 3pm. But I may try :)

I went to the nearest AT&T Retail Store and it simply had no Plus iPhones of any color or capacity ...except for the only iPhone 7 on display. To add to the irony, the iPhone 7 Plus on display was Black --the color I ordered. I hope that you have better luck.

ms.annette

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
I went to the nearest AT&T Retail Store and it simply had no Plus iPhones of any color or capacity ...except for the only iPhone 7 on display. To add to the irony, the iPhone 7 Plus on display was Black --the color I ordered. I hope that you have better luck.

Thanks! Well my online ordered switched to preparing to ship so I can no longer cancel. I guess I'll wait it out.

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
Thanks! Well my online ordered switched to preparing to ship so I can no longer cancel. I guess I'll wait it out.

Although you cannot cancel it, you can return it. I am monitoring the order status. The Watch Series 2 that I pre-ordered has already shipped and should be delivered on September 20th. I hope that the iPhone 7 Plus gets the same delivery date.

Reactions: ms.annette

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I ordered the AT&T Rose Gold 128GB iPhone 7 Plus on Monday 9/12 around noon, using the Apple App on my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. I got the same delivery date you did, Sept 28-30.

On Thursday night my order changed to Preparing for Shipment. Now it has been 36 hours and the same status. No credit card charge, not showing up in my Apple Profile yet, not able to track by reference at UPS MyChoice.

I was excited that I might get the iPhone earlier than late September, but now I don't think so. There is another typhoon in Asia, too. We are leaving for Las Vegas on 9/21, so I hope the iPhone comes on 9/19 or 9/20 (unlikely) or waits until we return on 9/26. Anyone get a shipping notification yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.