Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdl1202

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
Northern California (Bay Area)
Still absolutely 0 movement and I'm on Verizon, but ordered through Apple. Don't think the carrier would make a difference. At this point, I've accepted that the 18-31st is exactly what it's going to be.
I think you are absolutely right! I ordered through Apple, my carrier is AT&T. Today is the 32nd straight day of "processing"! My order says 4-6 weeks. This will be the 5th week. I'm hoping we will see some kind of movement this week.

ojaian

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
Mine's in the final legs of its journey, but no movement since it landed in Kentucky earlier today and there's no outgoing flights from Kentucky any time soon :( They've also removed the delivery date from my tracking due to the bizarre 'mechanical' problem that occured overnight, so I have no idea when it will actually be coming.

I hope you see movement on yours soon! You *should* be seeing some kind of update by the morning.
Arrived in Incheon at 7:40 PM. Then nothing. Hope it did like yours and went straight on to Alaska. If I remember right yours didn't update right away. So I'm going with your positive thinking "while it's on it's way to Alaska":D

mac524

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NYC
Arrived in Incheon at 7:40 PM. Then nothing. Hope it did like yours and went straight on to Alaska. If I remember right yours didn't update right away. So I'm going with your positive thinking "while it's on it's way to Alaska":D

You're right, mine didn't update until it was already on the flight from what I remember (and it had that weird double departure scan). I'm sure you'll get word that yours is safe and sound in Alaska soon :)

I'm trying to stay positive and hope that mine is on the next flight from Louisville to Newark, which departs in about 30 minutes - no departure scan yet, but hoping there's still plenty of time. I tried to chat UPS today to see if they could provide me with an estimated delivery date and their response was "we're not sure, just keep tracking your package" -__-

ojaian

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
You're right, mine didn't update until it was already on the flight from what I remember (and it had that weird double departure scan). I'm sure you'll get word that yours is safe and sound in Alaska soon :)

I'm trying to stay positive and hope that mine is on the next flight from Louisville to Newark, which departs in about 30 minutes - no departure scan yet, but hoping there's still plenty of time. I tried to chat UPS today to see if they could provide me with an estimated delivery date and their response was "we're not sure, just keep tracking your package" -__-
Didn't seem to make it, flight 99 tomorrow looks like the best hope to get out of Korea.

mac524

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NYC
Didn't seem to make it, flight 99 tomorrow looks like the best hope to get out of Korea.

Mine didn't make either of the flights out of Kentucky today :( There's several overnight so I'm hoping it's able to get onto one of them.

tjmcvey13

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
I had an Oct 18-31st Date. 256 JB 7+ IUP. Ordered within 30 mins on Sept. 9th. Changed to Shipped on Friday.....but it didn't ship from Apple. Let me explain.

I cancelled my original Apple order on Friday due to their complete and total incompetence on supply for a launch. I reordered through Best Buy on Friday and the phone shipped within 3 hours of ordering. Will be here tomorrow and also got a Mophie portable battery for 9.99 add-on. 12 months 0% Interest on my BB CC. 256 Matte Black 7+ Unlocked.

Last edited:

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
I had an Oct 18-31st Date. 256 JB 7+ IUP. Ordered within 30 mins on Sept. 9th. Changed to Shipped on Friday.....but let me explain.

I cancelled my original Apple order on Friday due to their complete and total incompetence on supply for a launch. I reordered through Best Buy on Friday and the phone shipped within 3 hours of ordering. Will be here tomorrow and also got a Mophie portable battery for 9.99 add-on. 12 months 0% Interest on my BB CC. 256 Matte Black 7+ Unlocked.
sorry, but ?

hellopupy

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2016
Los Angeles
I had an Oct 18-31st Date. 256 JB 7+ IUP. Ordered within 30 mins on Sept. 9th. Changed to Shipped on Friday.....but it didn't ship from Apple. Let me explain.

You should've called Apple first since you were iUP, your shipment was probably due soon lol.

mac524

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NYC
Sitting here at day 16 of Backorder status... what gives?! At least there is only a week to go to our original ship dates now :rolleyes:

That's really crazy - you should really try to speak to Apple if you haven't already. There's no reason why you should have to wait so long, especially for a less popular color/size.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Just curious, is it faster to order from Best Buy compared to Apple right now? I just ordered from Apple this morning this below and such a long wait time. I am without a phone as my Note 7 was taken back. :(

Shipment 1
Ships: 3-4 weeks
Delivers: Nov 9 - Nov 16 by Standard Shipping
s_jnVT7MmnZaOllDtF2tWqUNDQMzxdA9ol-kJiZcxXnrUAm2Zu5Bw4FQAi24MqjWsoALp3PTOGngeqYoL1XTurKHuUSTPJj-plhuZQjGaikBFFmE9CoQ-om5gj86PDBg9eslnrFUHhq3djcft_B-y7sc8lORobrGJ1vsXQdsYb05bhsNHYafn3qxFO3oGW7EaV0sW1PuH3rALicrEJobpLlyvEt4JNplQAYgtJiCNwDPZtKudS2uJzkIzZXJUP7VeCMHmcghcrQyF_PhCvRfuln0q6Yn38ytyrlA0cDkU4c6MbGgyNmeBjNu6wvcFTJOOGW6nkC_MJjifvwOPNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Black (GSM), AT&T

ojaian

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
Just curious, is it faster to order from Best Buy compared to Apple right now? I just ordered from Apple this morning this below and such a long wait time. I am without a phone as my Note 7 was taken back. :(

Shipment 1
Ships: 3-4 weeks
Delivers: Nov 9 - Nov 16 by Standard Shipping
s_jnVT7MmnZaOllDtF2tWqUNDQMzxdA9ol-kJiZcxXnrUAm2Zu5Bw4FQAi24MqjWsoALp3PTOGngeqYoL1XTurKHuUSTPJj-plhuZQjGaikBFFmE9CoQ-om5gj86PDBg9eslnrFUHhq3djcft_B-y7sc8lORobrGJ1vsXQdsYb05bhsNHYafn3qxFO3oGW7EaV0sW1PuH3rALicrEJobpLlyvEt4JNplQAYgtJiCNwDPZtKudS2uJzkIzZXJUP7VeCMHmcghcrQyF_PhCvRfuln0q6Yn38ytyrlA0cDkU4c6MbGgyNmeBjNu6wvcFTJOOGW6nkC_MJjifvwOPNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Black (GSM), AT&T
Any Black plus seems to be in the greatest demand. There have been reports of a few lucky people picking up them at Best Buy and Target, just keep checking both and also the Apple Store stock. You may wind up one of the fortunate ones.
[doublepost=1476216126][/doublepost]
Sitting here at day 16 of Backorder status... what gives?! At least there is only a week to go to our original ship dates now :rolleyes:
Didn't you order thru AT&T ? Have you called them yet?

KatieMiller

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Oregon, USA
Any Black plus seems to be in the greatest demand. There have been reports of a few lucky people picking up them at Best Buy and Target, just keep checking both and also the Apple Store stock. You may wind up one of the fortunate ones.
[doublepost=1476216126][/doublepost]
Didn't you order thru AT&T ? Have you called them yet?

Yes, I called them. I got the "when it is ready, it will be shipped out. We haven't even hit your ETA yet."

coolsean20

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
Keep checking iStockNow everyone! It's a great tool! I got my 128GB MB AT&T last week after I was just casually browsing Apple Stores around me. I drove a couple hours to get it, but I was driving a friend home on the way anyways. I am on the IUP, so i just reserved and picked up. I didn't pre-order or anything.

KatieMiller

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Oregon, USA
That doesn't sound like BS, she was given an ETA and unless they fail to deliver by the end of the ETA range, I don't see how Apple is BS'ing her?
I agree, It has just been sitting in backorder status for over 2 weeks now, when usually people see movement within 24 hours of being backordered. Just frustrating is all!

ojaian

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
That doesn't sound like BS, she was given an ETA and unless they fail to deliver by the end of the ETA range, I don't see how Apple is BS'ing her?
It's not Apple. She ordered thru At&t. Usually when it goes to back order with them that's like preparing to ship for the Apple orders.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.