Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Nice. Enjoy :)

What weather widget is that ?

Also... I see you don't have a phone dialer icon. Surely i can't be i the only person left who uses their phone for actual phone.calls these days ? .

i have a slight buyer's remorse on this.. cause i saw another pixel xl in black on the shop...(i initially wants the black)
haha i told them if cannot tolerate the camera of this... i will be back for the pixel xl black ... haha
;););)

i hate myself for giving up easily on my pixel xl... i miss it badly.. so i end up with 3T now...

that is zooper widget... zest skin for zooper...
i have phone dialer on the 2nd page of my home screen... i dont usually call. in my location... whatsapp is the most used sms and call app.....

Reactions: MRU

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Another UK buyer on board as of today. After having the smaller Pixel I was tempted by the XL but couldn't justify the cost over this.

I have a separate work phone so having the option of two sims is going to be real nice rather than lugging two phones around all the time.

Just charging her up. Looks like I've got the Nougat update waiting to be installed. Might remove the screen protector though. Not sure I like that.

Early impressions are "I like" :)

IMG_0141.jpg

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
I saw the gold version the other day. IMO it can't even compare to the black one. But of course, take this with caution, coz I really hate white/gold phones :D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I saw the gold version the other day. IMO it can't even compare to the black one. But of course, take this with caution, coz I really hate white/gold phones :D

LOL ... Well I wont be requiring the investigative skills of Sherlock to solve that case then :p

Reactions: c0ppo

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Did nobody go for the white/gold OnePlus 3T ? :(

@andy2141 Enjoy :) update us with your impressions

My excitement was short lived.

So I fully charged it and accepted the OTA of about 1.3GB.

Downloaded to 100% fine, rebooted and it's been stuck on "installing update" having progressed only a short way across the progress bar and has been there for over an hour.

I fear it's stuck. What to do. Dare I turn it off?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My excitement was short lived.

So I fully charged it and accepted the OTA of about 1.3GB.

Downloaded to 100% fine, rebooted and it's been stuck on "installing update" having progressed only a short way across the progress bar and has been there for over an hour.

I fear it's stuck. What to do. Dare I turn it off?
I would leave it and keep fingers crossed ... The last pixel update with the Feb security patch took well over an hour to install on my pixel.

Keep us posted and will keep my fingers crossed :)

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
I would leave it and keep fingers crossed ... The last pixel update with the Feb security patch took well over an hour to install on my pixel.

Keep us posted and will keep my fingers crossed :)

Just come of a online chat session with OP support.

They said reboot it. I did and now stuck on the 1+ logo. They wanted to sort out a remote session with 2nd line support but they can't fit me in until mid next week. Not really happy with that. Going to try and take it back to O2 to see if they can swap it out.

I'm sure it can be sorted by going into recovery etc, just not sure I should be doing that with a brand new out of the box device.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

They said reboot it. I did and now stuck on the 1+ logo. They wanted to sort out a remote session with 2nd line support but they can't fit me in until mid next week. Not really happy with that. Going to try and take it back to O2 to see if they can swap it out.

I'm sure it can be sorted by going into recovery etc, just not sure I should be doing that with a brand new out of the box device.

Keep us posted ... :(

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

You might be able to go into recovery and do a factory reset. That should bring you back to stock anyway. But it will wipe your phone and all the data on it.

Reactions: andy2141 and MRU

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Another UK buyer on board as of today. After having the smaller Pixel I was tempted by the XL but couldn't justify the cost over this.

I have a separate work phone so having the option of two sims is going to be real nice rather than lugging two phones around all the time.

Just charging her up. Looks like I've got the Nougat update waiting to be installed. Might remove the screen protector though. Not sure I like that.

Early impressions are "I like" :)

View attachment 688829
Did u also change from pixel to 3T?

I had soft gold at first but i didnt like it... the black borderline on white is too thick....

Gunmetal is the best

452104a948c692a98bf500556ab156fa.jpg

Reactions: andy2141 and MRU

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
A further update on my issues...

I gave up on the remote support, but kept the option open of the remote session later next week if needed.

I visited the o2 store at lunch and tried to get it swapped out but as it was purchased via their website it had to be sorted by customer services and they wouldn't replace in store :-(

Long story short a new phone is on it's way and I'll be here before 10:30am tomorrow. The delivery driver will be collecting the existing handset at the same time.

I'm 100% sure it's just a dodgy install. Had I been messing with it myself I'm sure I could have got it going via ADB and some manual downloading, but I didn't really want to mess with it too much given it was brand new. I did try holding power and volume down and wiping cache and user areas with no joy. It stayed stuck on the 1+ logo.

Not the greatest of experiences but I guess these things happen. Have to say I'm kinda nervous updating the replacement when it arrives. On the plus side, the quick play I had with it while it was charging looked promising.

@mackie8: Yes gunmetal and came from a regular black Pixel (with an iPhone 7 in between - that didn't last long!)

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
A further update on my issues...

I gave up on the remote support, but kept the option open of the remote session later next week if needed.

I visited the o2 store at lunch and tried to get it swapped out but as it was purchased via their website it had to be sorted by customer services and they wouldn't replace in store :-(

Long story short a new phone is on it's way and I'll be here before 10:30am tomorrow. The delivery driver will be collecting the existing handset at the same time.

I'm 100% sure it's just a dodgy install. Had I been messing with it myself I'm sure I could have got it going via ADB and some manual downloading, but I didn't really want to mess with it too much given it was brand new. I did try holding power and volume down and wiping cache and user areas with no joy. It stayed stuck on the 1+ logo.

Not the greatest of experiences but I guess these things happen. Have to say I'm kinda nervous updating the replacement when it arrives. On the plus side, the quick play I had with it while it was charging looked promising.

@mackie8: Yes gunmetal and came from a regular black Pixel (with an iPhone 7 in between - that didn't last long!)
Just curious...
Why did u change from pixel to 3T?

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Just curious...
Why did u change from pixel to 3T?

Originally came from a 6s Plus to the regular Pixel. Wanted to go back to a bigger phone so given the price difference, dual sim feature and the fact I'd already had a standard Pixel, I thought I'd mix things up and give the 3T a shot.

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Here we go again.. take 2 on the replacement device...

IMG_0142.jpg

[doublepost=1487330798][/doublepost]Result. New device updated fine (and very quickly). Just did another factory reset after upgrading to 7.0

Not that I was sweating it you understand! ;)

Last edited:

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Originally came from a 6s Plus to the regular Pixel. Wanted to go back to a bigger phone so given the price difference, dual sim feature and the fact I'd already had a standard Pixel, I thought I'd mix things up and give the 3T a shot.

How's your 3T?

I can feel more touch latency on 3T than on my pixel before..

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
How's your 3T?

I can feel more touch latency on 3T than on my pixel before..

Seems pretty good so far. No real complaints. Battery life has not been as good as I thought though obviously I'm only a few days in and I need it to settle and stop playing with it. I also have two Sims active which I assume won't help things.

Latency seems ok. No worse than other phones I've had. Chrome as always seems the biggest culprit. Probably worse than the Pixel but nothing horrendous.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Seems pretty good so far. No real complaints. Battery life has not been as good as I thought though obviously I'm only a few days in and I need it to settle and stop playing with it. I also have two Sims active which I assume won't help things.

Latency seems ok. No worse than other phones I've had. Chrome as always seems the biggest culprit. Probably worse than the Pixel but nothing horrendous.

3T's size is really nice.. slim form factor...

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Has anyone had experience of using a One Plus 3T with two sims and the effect on battery life?

While my battery life hasn't been horrendous it's not that great either. I heard good things about the battery life before purchasing so was expecting better to be honest.

I did a factory reset after the Nougat OTA update, but I'm thinking it might be having the two radios on all the time that's effecting things. Both have decent signal strength for most of the day.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Has anyone had experience of using a One Plus 3T with two sims and the effect on battery life?

While my battery life hasn't been horrendous it's not that great either. I heard good things about the battery life before purchasing so was expecting better to be honest.

I did a factory reset after the Nougat OTA update, but I'm thinking it might be having the two radios on all the time that's effecting things. Both have decent signal strength for most of the day.

how much SOT are u getting? my battery life on 3T is i think 30mins- 1hr longer than my pixel XL...

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Will take a look at the end of the day.

I did another factory reset and for the past couple of days it has been much better. Previously I was needing to top it up in the evening. Last night at 11pm it still at 30% left after coming off the charger at around 7am. I'll take that :)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
How is the quality as an actual phone? I'm not really in the market for one since I do have 3 excellent Android phones already but I'm still very interested in the quality that can be gotten for this price point. If I ever catch a stunning discount on it I might pick one up to play around with, poke around in it more than I would with a phone I rely on for daily stuff.
I use my current Androids too much to experiment with them too much.

I'm having a bad day. And I'm dismayed by my expensive iPhone. My husband paid through the nose for the top of the line specs on this one and so far we've had two phone calls between his iPhone 7 Plus and mine and I could barely make out what he was saying. The other day we experimented with VoLTE and AirPods and calls between iPhones and Samsungs and every combination and setting and type of call we could think of and eventually our connection between the iPhones was bell clear and perfect. But that initial call was garbage.

So, today, my dog was sick. Poor thing needed to be hosed down outdoors--fortunately it's a hot day and the dog likes water. And she needed it...major mess. Bedding had to be thrown out, the whole works. She's older and has a delicate digestion like my previous dog had when he got about this age. Once something upsets it, that's it for a few days, I'm on doggy nurse duty. We just deal.

I had to call my husband for instructions to locate and turn on a water valve to the back yard, since it was shut off during the winter and we have a mess of valves going everywhere. So there I was stressed and under the gun to get everything under control and try and get instructions from my husband to make sense of the plumbing maze in front of me.

We had the most ridiculously garbled connection. It was clear in the sense that there was no static or anything like that. And if he talked for a couple of words at a time like "Hi honey, what's up" it was fine. But when he had to launch into detailed instructions it sounded like "blurp blurp valve blurp garble wall pop blurb garble". I complained and my husband put in his AirPods and then I could understand him better. Then we face timed and that was just so sad. There was such lag. Phones this expensive should be clearer than that especially with full bars of signal strength and usually great connections on my other phones.

90% of the time my iPhone 7 Plus is aces at what I need it to do. But when I need to actually talk on it, dammit, I need to actually talk on it. Is that too much to ask? /rant ;)

So yeah, I'm massively curious about how a phone half the price of mine functions as an actual bleep blurp phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.