Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fille84

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2013
I got fantastic photos from the Honor 8, as my 3 way shoot-out posts between it and the S7 & iPhone 7 testify to.
As almost every camera it takes good pictures in good light. Low light not so much, very grainy and blurry. 3Ts camera is no monster either when it comes to low light photography but better than Honor 8, much more detail.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
As almost every camera it takes good pictures in good light. Low light not so much, very grainy and blurry. 3Ts camera is no monster either when it comes to low light photography but better than Honor 8, much more detail.

Also rather slow to focus. At least compared to the S7/Pixel.

Reactions: jamezr

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Why hasn't everyone got one of these phones ? It's an absolute delight to use, so smooooth. It feels great in the hand, and does everything devices costing twice as much can do.
The only thing I can't do is find a good leather back cover. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
which tempered glass are u guys using for this phone?
is the screen easily get scratch?

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
I am going naked (phone ️) for more than 6 months now, not one single scratch on my display (but I have to say that I am babying it)

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Why hasn't everyone got one of these phones ? It's an absolute delight to use, so smooooth. It feels great in the hand, and does everything devices costing twice as much can do.
The only thing I can't do is find a good leather back cover. Any suggestions ?

+

Official OP store. Great quality, worth every penny.
And yes, this phone still rocks like a champ. By far the fastest and smoothest android device out there. And the 3rd party rom development is amazing as well.

I still can't find anything wrong with this phone. I think I'm going mad, since I tend to criticise a lot, and right now I have nothing to b*tch about :D

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Thanks for the suggestion Fireblade, but I'm really looking for brown or tan leather. One of my little foibles, I don't like black leather cases.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
How is your front camera guys?
Is it true that its a single focus only?
I mean if u are taking group selfie focus is only in front?

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
Thanks for the suggestion Fireblade, but I'm really looking for brown or tan leather. One of my little foibles, I don't like black leather cases.
Welcome, how about this?

955570dbb848879cc32d9ee535a76832.jpg

https://www.slickwraps.com/natural-series-skins-for-oneplus-3-3t.html

Reactions: lugworm

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Almost pulled the trigger on a 3T and a return to OP. Such a drag waiting for the S8 and I miss you know, a phone with versatility. The iPhone 7+ is very drag in terms of features. It's just clean software, iMessage, and fastest app updates. Nothing more.

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Got my soft gold version..

af92021d08aa8732210d198013212b19.jpg

Such a beautifully designed phone congrats. Small thing but one thing i know i'm gonna miss going from the 6 plus to the S7 Edge is the mute switch. Honestly one of the reasons i struggled hard when weighing up the 3T vs S7 Edge.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I've grown to quickly dislike my Moto Z Play, it's been utter crap since I had to restore it to factory settings, plus the screen and design are really not to my liking. Verizon doesn't offer anything else I want so I am considering a 3T or the Mate 9 and going back to AT&T.

Having read so many reviews, my big 3T question is: how do I get my mp4 formatted movies onto it without using a microSIM (I am not a fan of the whole microSIM aspect given how many SIM card issues I've had with iPhones and will not be using that going forward).

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I've grown to quickly dislike my Moto Z Play, it's been utter crap since I had to restore it to factory settings, plus the screen and design are really not to my liking. Verizon doesn't offer anything else I want so I am considering a 3T or the Mate 9 and going back to AT&T.

Having read so many reviews, my big 3T question is: how do I get my mp4 formatted movies onto it without using a microSIM (I am not a fan of the whole microSIM aspect given how many SIM card issues I've had with iPhones and will not be using that going forward).
I assume you mean micro-sd rather than SIM ?

But then that wouldn't be anything to do with iPhones as they never supported micro SD.

But if you do mean micro-sim then you can't store data like movies on a micro-sim so not really sure the relevance to MP4 videos.

Your post / question doesn't really make much sense is any context ? Please could you clarify.

Also if you are on Verizon then the OnePlus 3T doesn't support CMDA so would not suit regardless and you would have to use a nano-sim on AT&T / T-mobile etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
The 3T was tempting no doubt for me. But there were some things that held me back. No memory card expansion, can't swap batteries, Low resolution screen 1080p vs 4k, cameras are not that great, and One Plus seems to drop support for their phones very early, almost a year after coming out.

So I got the LG V20 for now, and it's a great phone all around.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
I assume you mean micro-sd rather than SIM ?

But then that wouldn't be anything to do with iPhones as they never supported micro SD.

But if you do mean micro-sim then you can't store data like movies on a micro-sim so not really sure the relevance to MP4 videos.

Your post / question doesn't really make much sense is any context ? Please could you clarify.

Also if you are on Verizon then the OnePlus 3T doesn't support CMDA so would not suit r ATegardless and you would have to use a nano-sim on AT&T / T-mobile etc.

Sorry, I meant MicroSD. I have had so many problems with SIM cards, I really do not want to hassle with a micro SD as I am used to syncing movies by hooking up my phone via iTunes. I dislike streaming movies especially since that eats away at my data plan. I want to be able to have enough onboard storage with relying on microSDs or streaming. Going back to Apple is out. I would like an iTunes like syncing experience without using iTunes.

As far as carriers, outside of my home Verizon signal is rather poor, so I understand I will have to switch carriers.

Last edited:

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Sorry, I meant MicroSD. I have had so many problems with SIM cards, I really do not want to hassle with a micro SD as I am used to syncing movies by hooking up my phone via iTunes. I dislike streaming movies especially since that eats away at my data plan. I want to be able to have enough onboard storage with relying on microSDs or streaming. Going back to Apple is out. I would like an iTunes like syncing experience without using iTunes.

As far as carriers, outside of my home Verizon signal is rather poor, so I understand I will have to switch carriers.

There are apps that can do iTunes and (any) Android phone sync.

But the point of Android is not using iTunes at all. Just open a file explorer on windows, or android file transfer on mac, and copy/paste. That's all there is to it.

It's much simpler then on iPhone. So much that it can't even compare. Basically, you can do whatever you want.

Reactions: kazmac

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
There are apps that can do iTunes and (any) Android phone sync.

But the point of Android is not using iTunes at all. Just open a file explorer on windows, or android file transfer on mac, and copy/paste. That's all there is to it.

It's much simpler then on iPhone. So much that it can't even compare. Basically, you can do whatever you want.
Hoping Android file transfer works on this iMac. It did not once before, but we'll see.

Thanks for the tips.

EDIT: As I am sticking with Verizon due to a better data plan, the One Note is sadly out. I really wish more phones would work with the CDMA networks.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
After having bluetooth issues on my pixel..

Im already using 3T now..
Lolss

7a260db012fb6c69382a0feb0cf5fd3b.jpg
Nice. Enjoy :)

What weather widget is that ?

Also... I see you don't have a phone dialer icon. Surely i can't be i the only person left who uses their phone for actual phone.calls these days ? .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.