Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
cavernyv6.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I like that little bit of greenery on the right edge of the picture. Where is this?

It's called Cathedral Cavern, in the English Lake District: not a natural cave, but a slate quarry. There's a way in (the tunnel where I'm standing), and another tunnel at the far end. The 'pillar' was left by the miners - to hold the roof up, basically. There's a big 'hole' on the right that lets the light in.

I think I'll be going back to take more pix. At first sight, the light would be much the same, but it seems to change every time. I wish I had a lens wider than 18mm for a scene like this (maybe get myself a Sigma 10-20 some time soon)...

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
I went down to UCSC this week for a tour. I took quite a lot of pictures but this one is one of my favorites. I got a little dirty because I lied down on the sand and rested the camera on my arm to try to keep it still.

278104117_PNmNg-L.jpg

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
westbottoms.jpg

Four tripod mounted RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/16.0 // Focal Length: 15 mm // ISO 100 ... and a bit of Orton Effect too.

Do you ever try to straighten the wides within PS? I love this one! Just wondering if it would screw it up or what.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Do you ever try to straighten the wides within PS? I love this one! Just wondering if it would screw it up or what.

hmmmm am i missing something? but isnt that the point of using a fisheye lens? why would he try to straighten them up? maybe we are talking about dif things I'm new to this...but I 'd like to know what you are talking about

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
hmmmm am i missing something? but isnt that the point of using a fisheye lens? why would he try to straighten them up? maybe we are talking about dif things I'm new to this...but I 'd like to know what you are talking about

if you straighten it out you get a super wide angle picture. That's one reason why.

mckvakk

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Awesome shot, i love it when you are above a complete cloud cover, but i've never had a camera handy, or the fortune of such beautiful light as you had there.

I played around with the levels in photoshop (please don't shoot me), didn't want to publish it, but did anyway.

Original photo: http://flickr.com/photos/kvakke/2258553224/

I wish i was allowed to use my camera when taking off from heathrow at night, the view of london was amazing.

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
one of my first portraits, the bassist from my band:

edit: i don't know if the pics in the background are appropiate for this forum so, please, tell me if so or simply edit this entry if you're a moderator.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
one of my first portraits, the bassist from my band:

edit: i don't know if the pics in the background are appropiate for this forum so, please, tell me if so or simply edit this entry if you're a moderator.

I like it, i think the photos in the background add to the whole "Sex, drugs, and rock and roll" idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.