Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
I am not sure how I got the lights to jump like they did but whatever. I think that the color is wierd though. O well.

Attachments

• DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 104

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

NoAverageJoe

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
Here's another shot I took on my business trip to Hawaii. The last 3 (rainy) days ended up being a vacation on the company thanks to the American Airlines fiasco.

On my first day out, I decided to drive to the north shore of Oahu. I'd never been, so I had no idea what to expect. What I found was several small beaches (and a few large ones). The small beaches each had their own very small road-side parking. I stopped at the first of these and it felt like I had stepped into my own private paradise. Nobody was there but me, a seal, and the nature preserve lady.

The first picture is part of the view. Looked like a typical Hawaii postcard. On the right-hand side you can see part of the seal. I didn't see the seal until after I took the picture.

Apparently I got way too close when I took the 2nd picture (since I only had my trusty PowerShot SD1000 I had to get close!), as the nature preserve lady gave me a firm yet friendly talking to about staying 150 feet away. I happily obliged and helped her lay out a rope to keep others far enough away.

She told me that this particular seal (I thought it was dead, but he was just basking in the sun) spends a lot of time on this particular beach. However, the previous week 2 sea turtles had pushed him out of his spot. So she was very happy to see him back.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 68

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Great location but, IMO, the pic needs light. With a sky like that (half cloud, half blue sky... perfect ;)), the light would have been changing pretty rapidly. Within a few minutes I bet the lake would have been lit up... so that it 'came forward' rather than receded... and separated the planes of hills so they look 3d rather than 2D.

Yesterday on the fells...

walkerssh2.jpg

I'm not really a big fan of flower pix (too much colour, generally, and often rather 'jarring'), but this one is so beautifully lit, and the colours so subdued. it would look good in a frame on the wall, I reckon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.