Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidharth80

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Chicago,IL
This was taken from the lakeshore drive chicago... I am pretty new to photography.
Please feel free to CC this snap.

Attachments

• 20080418_Lakeshore_0066.jpg
    20080418_Lakeshore_0066.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 109

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
not funny?? I thought it was hillarious...i mean we were on the island at 9 and Senor Frogs closes at like 4 so he'd been there a while...:D

This reminds me of a few weeks ago when I went downtown and a homeless man bumped in front of me near the pier to wash his hair with this random faucet which I think is meant to clean fish with. I felt bad for the guy, and even though I had the camera in my hand at the time, I refrained from snapping a pic. I guess I should have since it was quite unusual, sort of like ipodtouchers :)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
This was taken from the lakeshore drive chicago... I am pretty new to photography.
Please feel free to CC this snap.

I like it! I'm by no means pro, but it's nicely composed and lit. I also like how the long stream of light separates the buildings from the grass. Good Job :)

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
I saw him today when I was about to wash the car!

DSC01647.JPG

I know its pale in comparison to some of you other great shooters, but I liked it!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
This reminds me of a few weeks ago when I went downtown and a homeless man bumped in front of me near the pier to wash his hair with this random faucet which I think is meant to clean fish with. I felt bad for the guy, and even though I had the camera in my hand at the time, I refrained from snapping a pic. I guess I should have since it was quite unusual, sort of like ipodtouchers :)

Ah, yes, those "homeless guys", those "bums". Let's take a photo of them. Why not, they don't move so fast. Some of them are asleep... :(

Remember the words of Bill Hick (hell, he was right about everything else...). "Anybody could be a bum. All it takes is the right girl, the right bar, and the right friends, man."

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Ah, yes, those "homeless guys", those "bums". Let's take a photo of them. Why not, they don't move so fast. Some of them are asleep... :(

Remember the words of Bill Hick (hell, he was right about everything else...). "Anybody could be a bum. All it takes is the right girl, the right bar, and the right friends, man."

It's not that we are trying to make fun of the homeless. I personally think we should see how other people live their lives, not so pristine and lucky as we are.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
It's not that we are trying to make fun of the homeless. I personally think we should see how other people live their lives, not so pristine and lucky as we are.

Bro, why don't you spend a little time talking to them, and maybe offer him/them some money in exchange for them allowing you to take a few pictures. I've done this in the past, and was able to do some interesting character studies, but always with respect for my subject. Bottom line: ask for their cooperation, deal with them like people, and respect their dignity instead of exploiting their situation. You might be surprised how real they become, and that they can still be holding onto a fair amount of personal pride, despite looking disheveled. Treat your fellow human kindly, and you will reap the rewards in turn. :)

Finnxeon

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2006
Vermont
Just a quick shot with my Finepix s700 on the beach last week. Taken on Pawley's Island, South Carolina. Nothing special, but interesting nonetheless.:)

29zsv94.jpg

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Bro, why don't you spend a little time talking to them, and maybe offer him/them some money in exchange for them allowing you to take a few pictures. I've done this in the past, and was able to do some interesting character studies, but always with respect for my subject. Bottom line: ask for their cooperation, deal with them like people, and respect their dignity instead of exploiting their situation. You might be surprised how real they become, and that they can still be holding onto a fair amount of personal pride, despite looking disheveled. Treat your fellow human kindly, and you will reap the rewards in turn. :)

Nicely put.

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for all the comments on the previous one.
Still a good few to go...

Nice shot. I like how many of your shots make the mountains to look like volcanos and the clouds look like smoke coming out of them. It must be a beautiful area.

Another pic of downtown San Diego

282030728_WWwLZ-L.jpg

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
From today's Boston Marathon. It's just a little out of focus :(

I got a couple in better focus, but not as dramatic.

Canon G9
1/500 f/4.8 ISO 80

Attachments

• Boston.jpg
    Boston.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.