Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"At Peace"

"At Peace"

2417739988_8e3844a459_o.jpg

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
2433034990_67fbee46aa_o.jpg

Outside Yankee Stadium, New York City
April 20th, 2008
D40 | 1/500 at ƒ/4.5 | 18 mm | ISO 200

An NYPD team take a bomb sniffing dog underground to the subway before Pope Benedict makes his highly-secured entrance into a mass of 60,000 people at Yankee Stadium.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
PkennethV, where was that taken?

Here's one of my recent attempts at HDR. Sorry for the watermark, I can't afford Photomatix.. (And I REFUSE to use a pirated serial no matter what the temptation)

20080422-gt599it2efg92muki689pb4759.jpg

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Sun Run Vancouver BC April 20, 2008

First photos with my new Canon Rebel XSi. First DSLR I have owned. Lens is 70-300mm IS USM

Attachments

• Lead Woman Sun Run.jpg
    Lead Woman Sun Run.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 405

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Courthouse in Nassau where all the Anna Nicole Smith cases were....sorry for the pole...couldn't get around it very well hahaha

Pretty in Pink Court
53ce8e2d2b90488c8556b8c174d6f27d

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I'm Back!

Actually I never went missing but just haven't been photographing as much over the winter and then we've had a rather damp and chilly spring, so only now am I beginning to have images to share again....

One of my true loves is macro. This spring I went a little further than just the basic macro lens, adding on an extension tube as well....

April 18, 2008
Falls Church, VA
Nikon D3
60mm f/2.8 lens with one of my Kenko extension tubes added
f/14 (DOF is still wickedly narrow and I should've stopped down even more)
1/80 sec
ISO 200
Hand-held. SHOULD have used a tripod for this!

p54807992.jpg

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Sorry for this post but I have seen many HDR images produced by photomax, and I still have not found out where to download (or get the free trail) of it.

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
First photos with my new Canon Rebel XSi. First DSLR I have owned. Lens is 70-300mm IS USM

I looked at this shot and thought, "hey, that looks familiar, hey they had the vancouver Sun Run this past weekend, hey that's around the corner from my place!" At least I believe it's English Bay, correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, did you get any other shots of English Bay? I love going there for great sunset pics.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
What is HDR? By the way I love coming to this post. All of the pics are just fantastic.
That apology about Pawleys Island. Don't be sorry. I live in Charleston area is it is quite nice up there. Loved the shells shot. ;):D

Jaiden

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
Windmill

Definitely not as good as some of the other ones in here, it wasn't that good of a picture in the first place, and i did a pretty quick photoshop job so yeah. Also, this was the first proper photograph that I've taken (apart from family photos of course). Another problem was that i took it through a fence, and the one big that didn't get taken (because it was so thin and i focused around it) was the bit over the windmill. So yeah, it's not really that good but i think it looks pretty cool. I took it with a Fujifilm S5000 bridge-slr camera.

Attachments

• windmillsmall.png
    windmillsmall.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 68

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Definitely not as good as some of the other ones in here, it wasn't that good of a picture in the first place, and i did a pretty quick photoshop job so yeah. Also, this was the first proper photograph that I've taken (apart from family photos of course). Another problem was that i took it through a fence, and the one big that didn't get taken (because it was so thin and i focused around it) was the bit over the windmill. So yeah, it's not really that good but i think it looks pretty cool. I took it with a Fujifilm S5000 bridge-slr camera.

I'm intrigued that you took the time to 'Photoshop' bits of fence out of a pic, instead of spending perhaps a similar amount of time finding a suitable vantage point from which to shoot. Photoshop is a great tool, but, well, it can't take the place of what I might as well call 'pre-production': ie getting things right in the viewfinder before you press the shutter. ;)

If this is your first pic (beyond family snaps), you have a fun world of photography opening up for you. And if you rely on software to 'repair' pix that aren't very good, you'll be spending more time in front of a computer screen than taking pix. Good lighting, thoughtful composition, decisive moment, tone and colour are some of the aspects that lift a photo beyond a snapshot... and these are the result of seeing, rather than sending a shot on a round trip through an editing suite.

You can create pix... not merely repair them. Just my opinion, of course. Feel free to disregard it... :)

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands

Jaiden

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
I'm intrigued that you took the time to 'Photoshop' bits of fence out of a pic, instead of spending perhaps a similar amount of time finding a suitable vantage point from which to shoot. Photoshop is a great tool, but, well, it can't take the place of what I might as well call 'pre-production': ie getting things right in the viewfinder before you press the shutter. ;)

If this is your first pic (beyond family snaps), you have a fun world of photography opening up for you. And if you rely on software to 'repair' pix that aren't very good, you'll be spending more time in front of a computer screen than taking pix. Good lighting, thoughtful composition, decisive moment, tone and colour are some of the aspects that lift a photo beyond a snapshot... and these are the result of seeing, rather than sending a shot on a round trip through an editing suite.

You can create pix... not merely repair them. Just my opinion, of course. Feel free to disregard it... :)

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Something I have a lot of trouble on is focus, I find it hard to see if something is right in the small viewfinder/lcd, as compared to a large computer screen. I also tend to look at something in real life/through my own eye's, thinking it will make for a great photo, then i just can't capture the moment on the camera. For example, at sunset today i was out taking some pictures and noticed the sun behind the clouds was producing a beautiful orange colour, then when i went to take a photo, it was all washed out and ugly. I also seem to be having a bit of trouble with the shutter speed where i will put the shutter speed just a little bit quick (not even in the hundreds) and it will pick up absolutely nothing. Anyway, not to plague this topic with my camera troubles, i will try to keep you're suggestions in my head the next time i go to take some more pics with the camera.

Thanks,
- Jaiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.