Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rebrook

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
Maryland, USA
Man on Bench

So, I was on a photo walk today and something drew me to this man. His whole look seemed really interesting to me. With all the people around him, he just seemed so calm and in a world of his own.

Also, one of my first tries at street photography.

Enjoy!

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
shadowfly

shadowfly89.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
A rare photo of Doylem and one of his actrices on their way to a photoshoot.
(Photo by: Koen Suyk of the ANP)

Attachments

• Schaap2_620557d.jpg
    Schaap2_620557d.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 535

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
shadowfly

shadowfly89.jpg

This is my favorite of the butterfly series so far.

Dirt bike competition in front of the rathaus in Wien, Austria

C&C welcome :)

IMG_5426_2.jpg

It looks as though the focus is behind the biker. Also, the blown-out sky and strong directional lines and ornamentation of the architecture detract from the subject. Perhaps a more shallow DOF would have helped.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Sunset

SunsetWithBranches.jpg

300mm, f8 (approximately), 1/1000s, ISO200

I was playing with the Pentacon 300mm f4 lens. It's a medium format lens for the Pentacon Six camera system. It comes with two interchangeable mounts, Pentacon Six and M42 (I only have the M42 mount). By my calculations the effective focal length on my APS-C size K100D is 660mm. The aperture ring doesn't have designated click stops, it's all continuous. It weighs more than a full bottle of champagne :)
ColossalLens2.jpg

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
wow dllavaneras, how did you get those shots? Whats your eq? EXIF? and erm...did you use extension tube or something?

His EXIF is intact in his photos. If you don't have an EXIF viewer for your browser, you should seek one out. Highly recommended!

Oh, and by the way, dllavaneras, I second that "wow."

Thank you very much, both of you! I'm glad you liked it :)
The EXIF is intact in every photo I upload. As for my equipment, it just so happens that the person I went picture taking with took me a picture of the exact moment I took the wasp pic. You can see it here. Canon XTi, 100mm f2.8 macro lens, MR-14 EX Ring Flash, 68mm of Kenko extension tubes and an immense amount of patience, luck and not being afraid to get up and close with bugs :p

The recent butterfly macros have been awesome, so there's no point in me trying to keep up. I will post another critter that not many people have seen, a velvet worm, Peripatus sp. (Onychophora: Peripatidae) These are incredible creatures! I've seen them only three times in my entire life.
You can see that the antennae have rings, and at the base of each there's a black spot which is actually the eye. The whole body is covered with tiny "bumps" (papillae, not rigid at all) that give it a velvet-y texture and the common name. The Phylum name refers to little claws at the end of each lobopodia.

Attachments

• Peripatus close-up.jpg
    Peripatus close-up.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.