Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
A goose:

dsc5917.jpg

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Doggy on walk

Doggy on walk on to the snow line today.

f4.5 1/30sec ISO 360
55-200mm @ 55mm
on Monopod

Attachments

• 20090426_0116 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    20090426_0116 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 89

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Another experiment in tone-mapping. There's definitely a learning curve. Now I'm noticing the picture looks flatter and less saturated in both FF and Safari 4 than it does in Photomatix, or Pixelmator, or any other image processing software. All on the same display... I set the color gamut to be sRGB when generating the original HDR image before tone mapping, if that makes any difference. There's a lot of tweaking going on...

Full pallet vs Web pallet would be my guess.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Another shot from last evening:

dsc5000.jpg

Taken with my D70s / 60mm Nikkor Micro.

A shame... I took about 20 good shots (the above one included) on ISO1600 before I realized... D'oh.

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
It was set on a bench. I am obviously not a pro. I thought it was a nice picture. In the fall i plan on starting at the university for photography. So im just trying to get as familiar with my camera and learn as much on my own. I visit this thread everyday and most of the pics are awe inspiring. Like with all those butterfly pics, they were amazing. Hopefully after a few classes my posts will be on par with yours and the likes that frequent this thread...
]

Bravo on taking classes, you obviously have more than just an interest, but a talent and and eye for the interesting as well. There's probably a lot you will learn from all the Pros that post here. I'm such an amateur, that I never even take my little camera out of the case, but I love studying these photos everyday. It's become a bit of a daily ritual. Maybe, I'll get inspired. In the meantime, I love looking at everyone else's work.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Bravo on taking classes, you obviously have more than just an interest, but a talent and and eye for the interesting as well. There's probably a lot you will learn from all the Pros that post here. I'm such an amateur, that I never even take my little camera out of the case, but I love studying these photos everyday. It's become a bit of a daily ritual. Maybe, I'll get inspired. In the meantime, I love looking at everyone else's work.

I completely understand. I actually want to be able to make money off of my work someday. I also visit this thread daily. I am on my lunch at work right now. I am hoping to have time to edit and post a new pic up, but we shall see. Also, most of my better work either contain marijuana or some form of paraphernalia, so I dont think this is the proper place to post them, but a few of those pics are very well received on flickr.

Ran out of time, will post up later tonight. :)

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
I completely understand. I actually want to be able to make money off of my work someday. I also visit this thread daily. I am on my lunch at work right now. I am hoping to have time to edit and post a new pic up, but we shall see. Also, most of my better work either contain marijuana or some form of paraphernalia, so I dont think this is the proper place to post them, but a few of those pics are very well received on flickr.

Ran out of time, will post up later tonight. :)

Now you're making me feel like the mother in the movie "Almost Famous"!! Anyway, do keep posting photos, it will be fun for all the fans of this thread to watch how your work evolves.

To All You Professionals: If I were to get bitten by the Photo Bug; and I just wanted to take better, more interesting, artful photos... where should I start. What kind of camera for example for a real beginner and would I need an editing program more than iPhoto?

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I'm still trying to decide if I should buy Photomatix... this is from three RAW files, but trying to make it more realistic, not surrealistic. Without a callibrated monitor, I'm really only guessing here on what looks right...

b9eacc8c4ee34586a7e3d9b6a991779a

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I'm still trying to decide if I should buy Photomatix... this is from three RAW files, but trying to make it more realistic, not surrealistic. Without a callibrated monitor, I'm really only guessing here on what looks right...

b9eacc8c4ee34586a7e3d9b6a991779a

To me this is the most interesting of your HDR experiments so far. I really get a sense of being there.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Ja Di KSW - I like the juxtaposition of the biker against the old architecture. I think it is wild. The image could go for a bit of tweaking though... hope you don't mind my interpretation. I'll remove it if you find it in bad taste. This was done really quickly with PS, without much precision on the mask for the fake DOF.

Hi mcavjame. I like it! I might have blurred it a *little* bit less, but it's definitely better than mine. I've actually never owned or even played around with PS :(. Something that probably hurts my pictures. At most I just crop them, and 99% of the time don't even do that.

Here's another butterfly one, C&C still welcome :)

3476506695_68d07c8d9c_b.jpg

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
Took this yesterday in the warm weather @ Central Park by the lake where kids were racing mini sail boats -- I cannot wait to get a DSLR, but enjoying my Sony for now. C&C welcome.

DSC01034.jpg

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
baltimore harbor...

charmcityiibycenkphoto.jpg

5 exp HDR taken on 25th saturday night...

more at cenkphoto.deviantart.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.