Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmdfd415

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
charmcityiibycenkphoto.jpg

5 exp HDR taken on 25th saturday night...

more at cenkphoto.deviantart.com

Wow really great shot!!

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Mine for the day:

CnC greatly appreciated. :)

Absolutely love the light with its flared range of colors and dreamy quality of the sun captured behind the hill. Really nice choice of angle (camera in, or almost right in the grass). The middle field is wonderful.

It's a little left heavy on composition for me, or it may be that the three element (tree, figure, flare) hover near, but don't quite make it to, a thirds point. It would be interesting to see a crop where the figure's head is at the lower left thirds point.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Thank you. I wish I did use film, but alas, 'twas with my D40. I did use vintage glass though. :p
Wow, that was stunning, I have a few questions though, what is vintage glass? and will you able to replicate the same effect without this glass?

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Wow, that was stunning, I have a few questions though, what is vintage glass? and will you able to replicate the same effect without this glass?

Thank you!

Specifically I used, the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E series lens from the 70s. It was a budget lens, even back then, so it doesn't have that "anti-flare" coating stuff. I'm not sure the same kind of effect would happen with newer glass. I'll have to try that sometime... :p

mcavjame:
Thank you for the complement and crop suggestion! I agree with you on the composition. You just pointed out what I couldn't quite put my finger on. :D

Silverman

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2004
Evening on the beach

My first contribution...
Hope you'll like it!

Attachments

• BeachSmall.jpg
    BeachSmall.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 96

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Ah, this was my favorite when I looked at your dA. Mind sharing the setup you did? :)

D90 with 10-20mm Sigma, 3 exp (-/+1.35) HDR stacked with photomatix and then some holga effect on photoshop.... :D

WOw , great skillz
all your pics are amazing, i wish i could come close to your photography!

Thank you very much :D I am sure you will. I've been taking photos (properly) for about 3-4 months... so I have a long way to go :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.