Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Storm at the beaver dam

4512416340_40acf1c114_o.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
4507275894_eb631571c6_o.jpg

Pan seared rockfish, grilled portobello mushrooms, southwestern potato hash, grilled ramps and roasted tomato salsa.

Chef Jay

I agree the plate kind of kills it. I bet a red one would have been much better. Why not hit up a yard/garage sale and see if you can find a few interesting plates to keep around for your pictures sake? Just put them in your locker or office or whatever when your not taking pics with them... I also think the flash could have been diffused better. There's a few highlights on the food.

Personally, I would have made the kite the subject and focused on it. I dig the idea though. A friend just bought me a SBSP kite, so i may have to try this. =o)

Part of a sequence of shots from yesterday!

The rest of the sequence can be seen on my flickr!

I was just looking at these on Flickr, lol. Excellent job, the timing on this one is impeccable.

This looks much better than the first time you posted it.

I'm kind of upset i bought this lens, but hey for $50 what could i really expect?

Clickable...

Exif Info:
Exposure: 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 80 mm
ISO Speed: 800

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
Recently bought an OM to EOS lens adapter to use with a Zuiko 50mm ƒ/1.8 on my Canon T1i. 50mm is a bit tight too long for a crop body, but the bokeh effects you can create make the limited field of view worth it.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Recently bought an OM to EOS lens adapter to use with a Zuiko 50mm ƒ/1.8 on my Canon T1i. 50mm is a bit tight too long for a crop body, but the bokeh effects you can create make the limited field of view worth it.

One photo per day please. And just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just get the Canon 50mm f/1.8?

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
One photo per day please. And just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just get the Canon 50mm f/1.8?

Edited the others out - sorry!

The Zuiko 50mm belonged to a family member, so I bought the adapter for about $20 to use it instead of buying the Canon model.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Edited the others out - sorry!

The Zuiko 50mm belonged to a family member, so I bought the adapter for about $20 to use it instead of buying the Canon model.

No worries. There are rules in the first post. :)

Makes sense. I wonder how it compares to the Canon equivalent...

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
No worries. There are rules in the first post. :)

Makes sense. I wonder how it compares to the Canon equivalent...

Blurry! It's difficult to focus, suffers from heavy chromatic aberrations as well as corner softness, but under the right circumstances it creates great bokeh.

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
I agree the plate kind of kills it. I bet a red one would have been much better. Why not hit up a yard/garage sale and see if you can find a few interesting plates to keep around for your pictures sake? Just put them in your locker or office or whatever when your not taking pics with them... I also think the flash could have been diffused better. There's a few highlights on the food.

Okay okay okay okay, I will take some other plates up to work :) Yea that was the built in flash, although I got further away and used the zoom to get into the food. I need to put the speedlight back into my computer/camera bag, it really helps. Or set up my mini studio out back again. Had to take it apart because we needed the table for Easter.

I do learn with every comment to my pictures though, so it is all good, I appreciate everyones comments on all of my pictures, food and other :)

Chef Jay

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I do learn with every comment to my pictures though, so it is all good, I appreciate everyones comments on all of my pictures, food and other :)

Chef Jay

I cant express how much I've learned from this forum. I now shoot full Manual, but now that I'm actually doing it, it seems easier than any other mode. Seems I learned even more than i had thought.

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
I cant express how much I've learned from this forum. I now shoot full Manual, but now that I'm actually doing it, it seems easier than any other mode. Seems I learned even more than i had thought.

I use manual about 85 percent of the time now too. At work when trying to get action shots, I still use Aperture Priority mode, other than that, it is Manual. Still getting used to my new to me camera too, at least the controls are the same, just the menus and getting used to more megapixels. DSLR one day :)

Chef Jay

damov2

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
Cambridge, uk
Tulip

Todays!

EXIF
Camera:Canon EOS 40D
Exposure:0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:f/13.0
Focal Length:60 mm
ISO Speed:100
Exposure Bias:0 EV
Flash:On, Fired

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
VirtualRain is that a Diesel? If not what model is that as I've been looking into getting one this summer. Great photo as always :)

I assume you are referring to the kayak? I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about it. :( It is someone else's and I just thought it made for an interesting photo there by itself on the beach.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
4515511736_e25d86d019_o.jpg

Sisters. They sometimes play as a team. They sometimes groom each other. They sometimes lie next to each other peacefully. They often play tag. Sometimes they just plain fight. They can switch between any of these behaviors at a moment's notice, often incorporating all of them in a span of 30 minutes. I liked this shot because it seemed to capture the chaotic nature of their relationship.

jwp1964

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Enterprise, KS
Character...

Took this one in Rome on Sunday morning. New Nikon S8000 Coolpix on auto mode. Converted to B&W with iPhoto.

Attachments

• Rome.jpg
    Rome.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 93

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
4453751129_ee577d1b30_b.jpg

Tulum, Mexico

Camera: Pentax K200D
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/2000)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 40 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: +1/2 EV

Wow, that water looks awesome. I am in need of a vacation. Would love to see some other pictures from this place. I've heard good things about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.