Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Canon 7D + EF 400mm f/5.6L

836864064_fCpTw-XL.jpg

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
wow that looks really great :) im really loving the t2i, i cant wait to get mine next month!
may i ask, do you not think better results could have been produced at a sharper aperture (say, f8-f11), a lower iso and longer exposure? great photo nonetheless! hope to hear back from you about your choice of settings, as im really starting to learn the in depth stuff now :D

not one of my best but i havent submitted for a while so oh well....
c&c welcome

I had a hard time getting this shot right because it was so far from me and it was dark. I never do B/W photos ever but when playing around with the sliders, the picture got 'better' as the colors began to disappear. Basically I used b/w to coverup the crap exposure and soft focus.:D

My typical T2i setting has moved away from A priority to more Manual within a couple of months. As long as I can control the shooting environment, I'd lean on manual settings and shoot RAW.

I think this pic is great as it is, would it look better in color?
4438321327_681b4530d0_b.jpg

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
I had a hard time getting this shot right because it was so far from me and it was dark. I never do B/W photos ever but when playing around with the sliders, the picture got 'better' as the colors began to disappear. Basically I used b/w to coverup the crap exposure and soft focus.:D

My typical T2i setting has moved away from A priority to more Manual within a couple of months. As long as I can control the shooting environment, I'd lean on manual settings and shoot RAW.

I think this pic is great as it is, would it look better in color?
4438321327_681b4530d0_b.jpg

ahh fair enough :) haha, just remember that b&w isnt always for that and can sometimes be used to manipulate images in very powerful ways! And ah i see! I've shot from manual since day 1 though, so its different for me. If i cant get a shot though, (ive done it twice) i will put it on Av to see what the camera does with it... i feel as if i cheat when i do this though! guess thats just me haha. that is a fantastic photo nonetheless though :) i finally got myself a tripod so i cant wait to take some more photos!

Thanks, Just whipped this up in PS real quick, here you go:
4521959826_9aa585b9d0_o.jpg

Better? :)

imgp83694.jpg

Pentax K10D - 8s - f/9.5 - ISO100 - 12mm

Absolutely stunning! well done :) i envy your landscape shooting ability, haha

w/ EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS

PinkBells.jpg

EXIF:
ISO 400
229mm
f/7.1
1/160

C&C Needed

(How would I share photos from flickr on here? I made an account but dont know how to share them)

Hello :) for starters, it looks as if the main attraction of the photo (the flowers) are out of focus, either than or motion blur. Did you shoot this with a tripod? If so, 1/160 is far too slow! remember your shutter speed should always be higher than your focal length to minimize motion blur. This may include upping the ISO and dropping the aperture (resulting in more grain and less sharper photos respectively) but this should end in a better result. The rebel xs (or 1000d, we have the same camera :)) is not great in low light though! hope this helps :)

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
st.john's newfoundland

this snap was shot in a building called" the rooms"when you enlarge the picture you will be able to read about the local police force.My da is the one holding the pelts.

Attachments

• P7280349.JPG
    P7280349.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 109

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Shooting wide open in the Nisqually Delta. Didn't see the bug until I got it into post.

littlebug.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/800s f/2.8 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 f2.8@63mm HH

Dale

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
fresh off the camera.. From tonight...

Attachments

• multnomah falls.jpg
    multnomah falls.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 107

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
a quick snapshot whilst teaching my friend pictured here about the triangle of exposure.

Attachments

• mansion_stuff  186mr.jpg
    mansion_stuff 186mr.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 86

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

Really cool colors, and a very interesting fish...
orange puff ...
Very nice colors and balance in this shot.
This reminds me of being down in lower Baja... often you'll see small fishing pangas (boats) floating just off the beach in calm waters or bays tethered to the shore. In this one the atmosphere is perfect with the mistiness...
imgp83694.jpg

Pentax K10D - 8s - f/9.5 - ISO100 - 12mm
Just another stunning landscape. All I can say is... "art."
Shooting wide open in the Nisqually Delta. Didn't see the bug until I got it into post.

littlebug.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/800s f/2.8 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 f2.8@63mm HH

Dale
Nice depth of field work here... nice color tones. See, this lens would work fine in the 50mm challenge if we had one... I'm sure it looks great at 50mm.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
4523562632_b24cedf8f5_o.jpg

Was going through some old shots taken in NYC and found this. The original was taken in landscape orientation with a wide-angle lens. I cropped it for a vertical orientation, since the focus was clearly the bridge architecture which is very vertical. The landscape version is still filled with converging lines but I felt the emphasis on the bridge structure made a better image overall. Can't remember if I posted the landscape version in a POTD thread--I don't remember doing it but it's possible. If so, I am sorry for the repeat. I just really liked this version....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.