Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shingi70

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
4503324616_e600cf2d40_b.jpg

I love this shot its just so simple and clear.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
It IS a tough life!

836864228_iwJCi-XL.jpg

Funny, I saw a hare munching away on whatever green it could find on my lawn at the back of the house today and had the same thought... it is a tough life for those creatures. I have bush behind my home and this past winter, I cut a large poplar tree down so the bunnies could get at the bark at the tender tops of the tree. It is amazing to see how they chewed up those limbs. Mind you, I've also hunted hare behind my home and several made it into a soup a few years back. That's a lovely shot you'v posted. The sun behind the ears and back of the head is just nice eh ? BJ

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
836864228_iwJCi-XL.jpg

Funny, I saw a hare munching away on whatever green it could find on my lawn at the back of the house today and had the same thought... it is a tough life for those creatures. I have bush behind my home and this past winter, I cut a large poplar tree down so the bunnies could get at the bark at the tender tops of the tree. It is amazing to see how they chewed up those limbs. Mind you, I've also hunted hare behind my home and several made it into a soup a few years back. That's a lovely shot you'v posted. The sun behind the ears and back of the head is just nice eh ? BJ

Thanks. This was shot at a bird reserve in Henderson, NV and the surrounding area is all desert. Surviving is a full time job for the birds and critters like the cottontails.

BTW... as you mention above in a post to grassland, I have seen the light and my gear is a Canon 7D and this was shot with the Canon EF 400mm f5.6L....:D

damov2

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
Cambridge, uk
Let the battle commence!

EXIF
Camera:Canon EOS 40D
Exposure:0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:f/13.0
Focal Length:60 mm
ISO Speed:100
Exposure Bias:0 EV
Flash:On, Fired

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Chain

BTW... as you mention above in a post to grassland, I have seen the light and my gear is a Canon 7D and this was shot with the Canon EF 400mm f5.6L....:D

Just yankin' the chain! I've just upgraded to a D-700 with a couple of lenses - the new 16 to 35 mm and 70 - 300. I got the new kit yesterday ! If the sun breaks through the rain here today I'll take it up to the bog this pm to have a go. Again, nice bunny.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Wow, that water looks awesome. I am in need of a vacation. Would love to see some other pictures from this place. I've heard good things about it.

Right, im not gonna lie... it doesn't look too great! In a friendly, constructive way :)<snip>

naaaicee :D
<snip>

I love this shot its just so simple and clear.

That is a really nice photo. Good use of exposure. Thanks for sharing the data as well, I see all these great photos on the net and it is nice to know what sort of settings your camera has to be to achieve something similar.

Amazing Shot!
^ Hey, all. Please edit the tags in quoted pics to [img]. Mods and Admins will tolerate thumbnail quotes but don't want large images in quotes.

There is a PDF on this on page one if you need to know how to do this.

Dale

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Fell skateboarding....

Effed up my camera bag, and cracked a filter... Still shooting manual though. ;)

Clickable.... The large is better.

Exif Info:
Exposure: 2.5
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 214 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
One of the Twin Barns at the Nisqually Delta Wildlife Preserve. I have another that I'll post next week.

twinbarn1.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/640s f/8.0 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 f2.8@28mm HH

Dale​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.