Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Easter egg hunts reminds me of a trip from back in the day. Me and a group of mates (pre wives and kids), went to a country park. They were having an Easter egg hunt for kids that we didn't know about.
So no one was allowed in until 10:30. Well as we weren't going to be hunting eggs, we decided to go in early (through an unlocked side gate). Well the eggs were laminated shapes that you had to hand in for a prize.

We thought we'd move a few to more challenging places. Like high trees and a small island in the middle of the pond!
Got to make them work for it!
[doublepost=1522649084][/doublepost]
Better than on the way back from the pub!
[doublepost=1522649126][/doublepost]
Nice.
[doublepost=1522649164][/doublepost]
No need to apologise with images like these.

I didn't realize that I had a double-post. Could not find a "delete" option in Edit :(

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
To many of those special Amsterdam chocolate brownies maybe?

We're a long way from this city of sin! This cesspool! (our town has its own 'shops').

But this is my daughter. Well raised, well behaved... Won't touch this stuff before she's 16.

So I guess you must have had a liquid dinner tonight... and I envy you.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
We're a long way from this city of sin! This cesspool! (our town has its own 'shops').

But this is my daughter. Well raised, well behaved... Won't touch this stuff before she's 16.

So I guess you must have had a liquid dinner tonight... and I envy you.
Lol. I don't have more than 10 pints a year. Certainly none tonight.

My annual trip to the Nethlands is cancelled this year as we aren't doing IBC this year.
Too expensive.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Had a trip into the Adelaide Botanic Garden yesterday as a special treat for the Monday Mindful Photography group, ended up only being three of us, as there were lots of last minute cancellations with it being a public holiday here. For the beginning of Autumn, there was still plenty to capture, and we only scratched the tip of the iceberg, so might be heading back soon.

I love that with my recently obtained 17-40mm lens, I can focus from about 170mm away and use it as a macro lens, sort of.

40479889714_aef1b5d244_h.jpg

Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Spot Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 100, 40mm, f/4, 1/1250

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Had a trip into the Adelaide Botanic Garden yesterday as a special treat for the Monday Mindful Photography group, ended up only being three of us, as there were lots of last minute cancellations with it being a public holiday here. For the beginning of Autumn, there was still plenty to capture, and we only scratched the tip of the iceberg, so might be heading back soon.

I love that with my recently obtained 17-40mm lens, I can focus from about 170mm away and use it as a macro lens, sort of.

40479889714_aef1b5d244_h.jpg

Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Spot Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 100, 40mm, f/4, 1/1250
Nicely done. Looking forward to springtime here. It's been a long winter.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
My photo of the week for last week... A portrait of one of my ceramic bunnies with spring colored hydrangeas. I shot it from the side as well, but ended up going with this one. I like it as it shows both of the hydrangeas. I'll try to post the side view once I get to it. It's a busy week for me. I got lots of new bunny decor this year. I'm happy! Yes, I love bunnies, especially this time of year.... :) My husband and I had 4 real ones up until 6 years ago.

_MG_7903%202-XL.jpg

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland
Lovely day doing Easter Egg hunts again with the girls today. Managed to get to Dumfries House and also Alloway where Robert Burns was born. Got to see Brig O' Doon - the bridge on the back of a Scottish fiver! I liked this fence quite a bit in the walled garden at Dumfries House

L1005812.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

That fence is really unusual and I like the repeat pattern leading in. Surprised you got in and out of Cumnock unscathed ;)
Brig O’ Doon is such a cool place, so much history in such a small area. I remember shooting it at night around 2004-5-ish with my 350D on a calm, cloudy evening, everything lit with an orange sodium light glow, adding to the atmosphere. The Auld Kirk, was in complete contrast and lit by brighter white light, much like today’s LEDs. I might even look out some pics and post them. It was one evening where I personally learned hell of a lot about photography, having not long had my first DSLR.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm sure you know it better than me. @kenoh is the expert though. He spends a lot of time there. Strange he never posts his photos though? Maybe they aren't suitable for a family thread! :p

Nope just usially a simple case of Airport -> hotel -> office -> airport.....

Plus last few times I have been in Alphen Den Rijn and Amstelveen rather than the centre...
[doublepost=1522762138][/doublepost]
That fence is really unusual and I like the repeat pattern leading in. Surprised you got in and out of Cumnock unscathed ;)
Brig O’ Doon is such a cool place, so much history in such a small area. I remember shooting it at night around 2004-5-ish with my 350D on a calm, cloudy evening, everything lit with an orange sodium light glow, adding to the atmosphere. The Auld Kirk, was in complete contrast and lit by brighter white light, much like today’s LEDs. I might even look out some pics and post them. It was one evening where I personally learned hell of a lot about photography, having not long had my first DSLR.

Ha ha ha... Yes Alloway was lovely. Would like to go back as it was quite interesting to see the old sites.

Yes please post some shots to let us see.

I thought Cumnock was a nice area no?

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Nope just usially a simple case of Airport -> hotel -> office -> airport.....

Plus last few times I have been in Alphen Den Rijn and Amstelveen rather than the centre...
[doublepost=1522762138][/doublepost]

Ha ha ha... Yes Alloway was lovely. Would like to go back as it was quite interesting to see the old sites.

Yes please post some shots to let us see.

I thought Cumnock was a nice area no?

@Apple fanboy and I don't believe you. We know about https://www.leicastoreamsterdam.nl/ and https://www.nivo-schweitzer.nl/

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
I'm going a bit off the grid here, this is not my P365 photo. Last week was our spring break, and we ended up doing a small road trip of North Carolina and Virginia. My husband and I met 20 years ago (at work!) in Richmond, and I was not into photography then (and certainly not scrapbooking and preserving memories like I am now). We wanted to show the kids the James River, and the easiest way to get there was to walk through the building in which we met. I couldn't resist taking a photo of the lobby entrance, some two decades later (with both kids in tow). Kind of surreal, as I moved from Richmond the week before we got married to move with my husband to NYC in November 2001. Despite my recent slate of flower photos, my heart loves photos that tell a story of some sort, even if it isn't evident to a random viewer.

FB_March_29_2018_001.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.