Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Tattered wing

Although it had some evident wear & tear on the wings, this little butterfly was still a beauty!

Attachments

• Tattered wing.jpg
    Tattered wing.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 123

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Couple shots of my trip to Tofino, BC. I havent edited my photos yet, so all of mine are unedited so far.

C&C welcome :) See my flickr photostream for more

PS: Image #1, for some reason flickr made the sand and skim board look darker than it actually is. My original has more colour on the board.

2742578427_76cec80576_b.jpg

2742886224_8be2f1bd57_b.jpg

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
We seem to be on an insect kick, so here's a little guy I ran into at a rest stop.

C&C always appreciated

IMG_2872.jpg

bimmerchop

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Couple shots of my trip to Tofino, BC. I havent edited my photos yet, so all of mine are unedited so far.

C&C welcome :) See my flickr photostream for more

PS: Image #1, for some reason flickr made the sand and skim board look darker than it actually is. My original has more colour on the board.

Love the first shot, great setting composition

439.jpg

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
excuse me while I use your image for some examples. Comparing this to the other footprint picture, we see a focus point in the image due to tighter depth of field which gives the eye a point to seek or/and a point of approach. I must say that I really don't like the (wrongly done) vignette. The vignette in lightroom is there to fix lens aberrations and therefore doesn't start from the ends of your crop, it starts from the original border and your cropping makes it looks awkward, it doesn't need a vignette anyway.

What they both lack is a sens of light which makes them a little too gray for eyecandy type of photographs.

I appreciate the C&C. I agree with most of your assessment. I considered it a "throw-away" image and only posted it because I saw one with a similar theme.

That's actually not a vignette. I converted the original to HDR for the hell of it and then converted the HDR to a monochrome image. The combination created what, I admit, looks like a vignette...but it's not.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Hummingbird moth

Saw another one of these on the forums and then noticed this one in my garden - they like to come in the early evening and always seem to be in the shade but they are amazing and very fast. I've never seen one when the light is good - it's quite hot here normally so I guess they've developed for later in the day.

Attachments

• _G1S1609.JPG
    _G1S1609.JPG
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 92

ghostguts

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Another photo from the 2008 Pitchfork Music Festival (I keep editing new ones every other day or so).

2748076892_dc749f4ffa_b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.