Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
you right,but y reduce the light to add more dramatic contrast,but in the capture light are hard in her back :)
this is the original,just convert from raw to jpg add signature and convert to srgb,its a little over exposed maybe 0,5.I calibrated my iMac whit spider 3 elite,maybe this help.

Better yet, how about getting your camera out again and encouraging the cat to face the light? No amount of post-processing is going to make this a well lit photo; you need to re-shoot it.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Was asked by a local director to do promo shots for her upcoming play. This actress was very fun to shoot...:

dsc6518x.jpg

60mm 1/60 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 800, Nikon D70s.

iCris

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Better yet, how about getting your camera out again and encouraging the cat to face the light? No amount of post-processing is going to make this a well lit photo; you need to re-shoot it.

Thanks Phrasikleia :)
she its a street cat but when it returns to see it i try again, ;)
maybe is better now?
3791921532_f3b76b3785.jpg

And Thanks to all :)

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Was asked by a local director to do promo shots for her upcoming play. This actress was very fun to shoot...:

dsc6518x.jpg

60mm 1/60 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 800, Nikon D70s.

I'd have used some fill from the left to get rid of that annoying neck shadow and a gridded hair light and background light to bring her out of the background. She's almost got a Mona Lisa smile, it'd be worth a reshoot to me!

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Very creative, looks a bit like a semi abstract painting. Great composition too, nice work!

Thank you very much for the kind words :) Dunno why, but these reflections always look better rotated. Must be human perception of not wanting anything turned upside down.

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
more from my day in Hackettstown, NJ with my Cokin filters. CnC is welcome

Attachments

• hackettstown  044LQ.jpg
    hackettstown 044LQ.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 107

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
I'm back! This time it was a shoot with 6 friends all going off to college. I'll post a few pictures for the next few days. Enjoy!

Clickable!

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I'd have used some fill from the left to get rid of that annoying neck shadow and a gridded hair light and background light to bring her out of the background. She's almost got a Mona Lisa smile, it'd be worth a reshoot to me!
Good point. I was aware of that annoying line created by the shadow, and attempted to rid as much of it in PP... Unfortunately, I was short pressed on where/when I could shoot, and under what lighting. =[

Here's another from the same set:
dsc6604z.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.