Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
This is the same temple I posted yesterday, but shot on a different day, at a different time of day, and from a different direction. I visited it three times to get shots with different lighting. I'll post the third one tomorrow.

TavPalNW2_Sm.jpg

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
This is the same temple I posted yesterday, but shot on a different day, at a different time of day, and from a different direction. I visited it three times to get shots with different lighting. I'll post the third one tomorrow.

TavPalNW2_Sm.jpg

I'll take your columns and raise your the original columns to the US Capital building. For some reason they put them in the National Arboretum, but oh wells... Put through Color Efex Pro 3 - Infrared Film - red/blue tint

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
Here's a shot of Oxford, NJ, here's my favorite of the set, CnC welcome.

Attachments

• oxford  002LQ.jpg
    oxford 002LQ.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 102

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
85fpar

Canon 5D
Focal Length: 24mm
Exposure: 1/125 f11 ISO 200
Lens: 24-105 f4L

Dude I love all your pictures. The pictures capture the mood of the areas so well. I always get this feeling when looking at the images, like I can feel what its like to be there just by looking at the image. Great stuff.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
I like everything about this portrait, save for the distracting (in my humble opinion) bokeh. She seems like a very easy to photograph model.

Thank you! She certainly was very easy to photography. I was under the impression that bokeh in portraits was a good thing, but I could be wrong.

It's a new day, so here's another of the same girl!

Clickable!

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Great image. Post production tweaks?

Woops on the double posts.

Thank you! I'm not too happy with the composition (the glass at the bottom left), but this hotel was right on the water and i couldnt really get a better shot. Unless i planned on setting up my tripod in the water. lol. :p

That one was a bracketed shot (+/-2 if i recall correctly) run through Photomatix, and then the resulting image was placed in photoshop for further post processing, and some help from Topaz Adjust to help bring out all the colors.

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
Thank you! She certainly was very easy to photography. I was under the impression that bokeh in portraits was a good thing, but I could be wrong.

It's a new day, so here's another of the same girl!

Clickable!

bokeh, as far as I know (and am concerned) refers to pleasing blur of the background. The round highlights in the blur in the background distract me personally.

Are you using the Canon 50 f/1.8? My copy seems to produce the same type of blur.

appie57

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
Netherlands

TavPalNW2_Sm.jpg

I like this no. 2 very much and more than 1 because of composition & light. Tried this one in B&W? It will make the blue, well eh, not so blue.:)

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I like this no. 2 very much and more than 1 because of composition & light. Tried this one in B&W? It will make the blue, well eh, not so blue.:)

Thanks, appie57. That's my favorite too, but not so much because of the composition or lighting. I liked how the leaves blowing in the wind (dynamic, ephemeral) made a counterpoint to the steadfastness of the columns (static, everlasting). Also, the wind was really howling through the trees that evening, making for an incredible auditory experience to go with the scene, something I won't soon forget. And yes, most temple shots do look great in B&W. I haven't tried it with this one yet, since I need this shot in color for its intended purpose, but I'll try out a conversion eventually. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.