Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCris

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Blanquita
Reprocessed today,C & C are welkome :)

3791921532_3571d67592.jpg

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Lightning and Stars

Storm down low, Stars up high
Canon XSi
Canon 28mm f/2.8
46 stacked images (30 sec exposure)
ISO 200

For those of you in the Twin Cities area, this is the storm that went through last night (Aug 8, 2009) and dropped funnel clouds for a couple hours.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Surreal light, 100% real

I know it looks like HDR or something, but the light in this photo is genuine. All I did was an auto-levels adjustment. Standing there looking at the scene was a very surreal experience. The white gravel reflects a lot of light, and the stone of the temple is also very reflective. Photographing the temple from its dark side really emphasizes the effect. Definitely something to see.

SegestaRakingLight.jpg

munkees

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Thanks. Yes, from seven different exposures...

Strange light in the hills today...

I love the lake district, every time I see you pics I want to go hiking, dam I miss hiking in the UK, those exposed windy cold, wet hills, A good hike, flask of hot cocoa, and some shortbread cookies, with a strong breeze, in the low degrees C (40's for us Americans). When you get up ontop of the hill find a rock enclave on the backside out the wind and enjoy the view, cocoa, cookies. Life is good.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I love the lake district, every time I see you pics I want to go hiking, dam I miss hiking in the UK, those exposed windy cold, wet hills, A good hike, flask of hot cocoa, and some shortbread cookies, with a strong breeze, in the low degrees C (40's for us Americans). When you get up ontop of the hill find a rock enclave on the backside out the wind and enjoy the view, cocoa, cookies. Life is good.

If you like cold, wet, exposed hills, St. Helens is close (I've been on St. Helens in 20MPH winds gusting to probably 40ish- with rain coming up the slope of the ridge- not fun! ;) )

Personally though, I find that when I'm out that way hiking in Pinchot or around Adams, or out in the Olympics, is much more enjoyable than most of the hikes I did in the UK- not that there aren't gems on both sides of the pond. But then I also prefer peppered vodka to cocoa when it's cold/wet/windy ;)

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
photo3qcy.jpg

Nothing fancy, I just pointed my iPhone camera towards the sun and the white balance tried to compensate, making the sun look HUGE.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Blanquita
Reprocessed today,C & C are welkome :)

3791921532_3571d67592.jpg

Cute cat and nice composition, but the light is on the back of her head instead of being on her face. The picture would be a lot more interesting if the light were revealing her face, rather than obscuring it. The back of an ear isn't all that interesting.

iCris

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Cute cat and nice composition, but the light is on the back of her head instead of being on her face. The picture would be a lot more interesting if the light were revealing her face, rather than obscuring it. The back of an ear isn't all that interesting.

Thanks Phrasikleia,ok y try to reprocess,and add more light on the front of her. ;)

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA

Actually, the separation that the backlight gives is fine, as is the "hair light" effect on the cat's head- IMO all it needs is some light from the front to brighten up the face some- probably angled so the fur detail stands out.

iCris

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Erm... light happens before you press the shutter... not after... ;)

you right,but y reduce the light to add more dramatic contrast,but in the capture light are hard in her back :)
this is the original,just convert from raw to jpg add signature and convert to srgb,its a little over exposed maybe 0,5.I calibrated my iMac whit spider 3 elite,maybe this help.

Attachments

• Original Blankita.jpg
    Original Blankita.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 94

iCris

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Actually, the separation that the backlight gives is fine, as is the "hair light" effect on the cat's head- IMO all it needs is some light from the front to brighten up the face some- probably angled so the fur detail stands out.
OK thanks Compuwar,:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.