Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marsvolta

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2006
I used an orange ping pong ball as a flash diffuser at a party the other night and got some interesting pictures. Click it!

Attachments

• wwDpB.jpg
    wwDpB.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 149

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I like this one a lot better than yesterdays, but the graffiti is killing it... Had it been some nice art work i think it would have been ok....

EDIT: and i personally would have cropped about half the cement block off at the bottom....

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
New one for the day :) C&C? :p

Only because you are asking, but:
- I like the pose
- Stairs have a natural rhythm that lead the viewer's eye
- I agree with Negrit0, the graffiti is distracting
- for me, the plants are also distracting
- could you try an angle where the stone makes up most of the background

One of the things I liked about yesterday's pic was the casual nature of the image. Now that they are posing, work on details. The glasses hanging off the jeans, the wallet in the pants of the the front right guy, and not seeing the faces of two band members... are these details intentional?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Wow, thanks for the tips.

I really don't have anyone to teach me anything. I'm 15 so I can't really travel anywhere to take pictures so I shoot stuff in my backyard.

Anyway, thanks for the pointers. I'll be picking up a tripod and cable release this weekend. :)

Welcome. I don't post pics to this forum (my equipment is lame, at the moment) but I visit every day and ask questions of the regulars. Their answers are helpful and I have learned much.

Keep shooting.

Dale

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Band Photos

I liked the one shot from a high angle, even if the framing and grouping was not just perfect. It had a distinct flavor that is lacking from the other more posed shots. The original made me want to check my gambling book to make sure I wasn't in debt to anyone especially nasty.::::eek::::

Dale

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
more shots with my cokin ND filter system

this one is from Hackettstown NJ

Attachments

• hackettstown  014LQ.jpg
    hackettstown 014LQ.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008

I love my photoblog. I can't wait for the revamp on design that's coming soon.
But, This shot is of a variety store sign. I have a thing for variety stores and love to collect their images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.