Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Yeah, I think it could be very helpful for people who want to learn more about HDR and see lots of different examples. It's hard to do that on the "normal" forum because they are interspersed with standard photography.

On almost every page, we have folks (new and experienced photogs) that ask a lot of stock questions about HDR. It might be a really good resource to have a separate forum to try things out and get feedback from those who do a lot of it.

Frankly, I'd like to try it out myself, but for some reason I don't want to post in the monthly thread. If there was a monthly HDR thread, I would try my hand -- my overall thought is that it would encourage creativity and knowledge sharing among the users here.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Yeah, I think it could be very helpful for people who want to learn more about HDR and see lots of different examples. It's hard to do that on the "normal" forum because they are interspersed with standard photography.

On almost every page, we have folks (new and experienced photogs) that ask a lot of stock questions about HDR. It might be a really good resource to have a separate forum to try things out and get feedback from those who do a lot of it.

Frankly, I'd like to try it out myself, but for some reason I don't want to post in the monthly thread. If there was a monthly HDR thread, I would try my hand -- my overall thought is that it would encourage creativity and knowledge sharing among the users here.

Yeah... whatever...

But HDR is still photography: one more tool in the box. Creativity includes deciding when to use - or refuse - that particular tool.

Here's one of mine: still learning... :)

windermerehdrmo9.jpg

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I wasn't trying to offend or say that HDR isn't "real" photography. It is different enough from the normal tweaks that people apply that I thought it might be useful for a separate monthly topic to encourage it more. Sheesh.

Edit: And, I like the shot of Mordor, the all-seeing eye, and the boats above!

TomGolden

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2007
El Dorado county, CA
First of all, those two eagle pics posted by Clix on the first page of this thread are by far the most amazingly clear and perfect digital pictures I have ever seen. If I had the $$$, I would buy a Nikon D3 immediately!

I am no where near the photographer the rest of you are, but I wanted to share a few of my own pics.

These are taken with my 5+ year old 2 MPixel Olympous C-2040 camera, and everything is on "auto" mode.

This is the "blow hole" a few miles south of the town of Mendocino, CA taken in August 2007.

PtCabrillo1.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
dawn patrol shredder, Brian Hewitson warming up for the Sean Slater Invitational, cocoa beach, FL:)
I will post part two of this sequence tomorrolol.

b_hewittson1.jpg

L1 + ZD 70 - 300mm
1/1000 sec
f/ 7.1
ISO 200
300mm

bob3

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2006
usa
"The Square"

2087834154_7c46cde0aa_b.jpg

near "The Square" in New Braunfels, TX
Camera: Sony DSLR-A100
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 100

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
BigJohno all things considering if you were a woman I bet you'd be popular here! And you have amazingly blue eyes. :)

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
"What the library presents to the street"

kcdowntownlibrary.jpg

HDR from one RAW // Shutter: 1/25 // Aperture: f/4.0 // Focal Length: 17mm // ISO 100

Entrance to downtown library, Kansas City MO

Edit -- when I pick apart this photo, I see a lousy depth of field, probably owing to the wide open aperture.

ACbc

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
One more from the same portrait session of my last post..

2096701919_0528bfc7da_b.jpg

Nikon D50
17-55 f/2.8 @ 31mm
1/250 second
f/4.5
ISO 200
Sunset directly right of subjects, bare sb600 on stand to the right of subjects a little bit in front of the sun zoomed all the way out at 14mm and at 1/2 power i believe.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006

That is the best picture ever :eek:

MACS FOR THE WIN :D

But may I ask where that was???

and heres another one of my shots

DSC01025.jpg

It has to be the best landscape photo have ever taken, but it still looks over processed, and the sky was to bright :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.