Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I was out photographing a couple of days ago. I sat down to check my map, and this little robin turned up. He (she?) was really tame; if I had some mealworms I’m sure it would have fed from my hand. I took a few shots, but he was so close that my lens wouldn’t focus! I pointed to a footpath sign, and he went and posed on it. Honest...

I like the ‘catch’ in the eye and the feathers puffed up (it was cold). My first bird portrait... so what do you reckon, Clix Pix? :)

robin2rv7.jpg

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK
I was out photographing a couple of days ago. I sat down to check my map, and this little robin turned up. He (she?) was really tame; if I had some mealworms I’m sure it would have fed from my hand. I took a few shots, but he was so close that my lens wouldn’t focus! I pointed to a footpath sign, and he went and posed on it. Honest...

I like the ‘catch’ in the eye and the feathers puffed up (it was cold). My first bird portrait... so what do you reckon, Clix Pix? :)

I really like that photo, and very festive btw!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thank you, Vixapphire! I am very happy with the way this image came out -- very little post-processing needed, the camera's autofocus system is just phenomenal! We were lucky that it was a nice, clear day with good lighting, too....

Hey, Doylem, I like your little birdie!!! You did well! Yes, capturing that "catchlight" in the eye is perfect! Pretty good for your first birdie portrait! :)

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Hey folks,
Just wondering if anybody can help me out with this. I just posted the above photo and the colors have been 'upped' somewhat. It looks as if I've turned everything up a little, the saturation, contrast etc. I noticed it when previewing my post, tried other photos and shots from my dads camera and all of them had the same result, too much saturation. I thought maybe it was just a quirk of the preview mode but no, it's there now and too be honest, it looks as though I've been a bit heavy-handed with the post-processing.
Has anybody else noticed this when posting their photos?
I tried exporting original, Jpeg, different file sizes etc... Just seems strange that the photo ends up being uploaded to the site having it's values altered. I hadn't noticed before as I've been posting my night-time abstract shots.
Perhaps this is punishment from the photographic gods!
Many thanks in advance for any help. Carl.

I used to have the opposite problem; I'd find that my photos were duller than originally edited. It generally has to do with colour profiles and your browser. Safari can view the embedded colour profile exactly, so the images generally look the same as on your computer. Firefox assumes the image is using an RGB colour profile, so it changes the appearance accordingly.

I've found that the best way to get around it is to use an sRGB colour profile - even though Firefox won't display the images exactly as it should, it'll be a helluva lot closer!

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Wow, lots of great artsy images coming out, I really like it!

Clix, what is that a picture of? neat photo
Epicwelshman, I looooove that shot!
thr33face, looks great as well!

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
My friend was recording a song last night for a songwriter in Nashville, we're all pretty excited about it. He has an AMAZING voice. I built his website and like to take photos of him so I thought last night would be a perfect opportunity.

daniel_beck_recording.jpg

http://www.danielbeckmusic.com

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Despite the blown highlights on the building entryway and a few other spots, this shot really works for me, even without the steam showing. I love the composition (which is one of your strong talents) and the way you use the environmental conditions and reflections to enhance the mood as much as the HDR treatment.

Thanks PDX for the kind words. :)

I posted this (somewhat) old photo to my photoblog yesterday - Hong Kong, March 2006 --

hongkong-097.jpg

Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 18mm
ISO 400
Canon Rebel XT with 18-55mm kit lens.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Nürnberg Christkindlesmarkt

Today at the most famous Christkindlesmarket in the world

Attachments

• DSC_2800.jpg
    DSC_2800.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_2818.jpg
    DSC_2818.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_2840.jpg
    DSC_2840.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 72

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
As usual, excellent shots from everyone! :)

Taken today while strolling around a botanical garden in Caracas, Venezuela.

Canon XTi
18-55mm @ 55mm
F9, 1/320, ISO 200
Handheld, cropped.

Attachments

• Detalle en el arbol.jpg
    Detalle en el arbol.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 101

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Top of a telescope? ;)

Yep! One quite similar to the one depicted in Epicwelshman's post.....that's what prompted me to add mine to this thread. I was out shooting last week and having no luck with birds -- they were all too far out of the long lens' reach -- so started messing around with my 50mm lens and what was available right there in front of me on the observation platform. Decided to get a little artsy with DOF, etc.....

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
I can't decide which one to post, so I'll post both *shuffle*
These are macro images of a bush I took a few nights ago at about midnight with frost.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

EXIF:
Canon 20D
Sigma 105mm Macro lens + 3 sets of ext tubes
s/s: 1/200
aperture: f/11
manual

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.