Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

photostream

Snow Time. I'm an amature btw.

edit: urggghhhh i forgot how to get photos from flickr onto here, help?!
links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16338017@N05/4195264778/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16338017@N05/4195268920/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16338017@N05/4195245536/

Let me know if this helps.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4918/comboposttutorial.pdf

Dale

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
St.john's Newfoundland

this building was a movie theatre in days gone by,I like the colors:)

Attachments

• (533) July 31.JPG
    (533) July 31.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 106

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Today was a great day! I found my dad's old Canon A-1. It's almost 25 years old. I've used it before when I first started photography but moved to digital about 6 months after. This was a few years ago, so I didn't even consider that the lenses or speedlite it came with would work with my Nikon. Expectedly, the lenses did not, but I searched and apparently there are adaptors - anyone have experience with this? Worth it?

Anyways, I tried the 199A Speedlite with my Nikon and it worked perfectly. I'm really excited. I did some practice shots and couldn't believe the difference between the stock Nikon flash and the speed light. Here's a comparison:

Stock Flash:
flash.jpg

199A Speedlite (pointed towards ceiling):
speedlite.jpg

Huge difference! Mind you, lot's of people here probably have equipment far more advanced (and from this century) so I doubt this is anything special. =)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Today was a great day! I found my dad's old Canon A-1. It's almost 25 years old. I've used it before when I first started photography but moved to digital about 6 months after. This was a few years ago, so I didn't even consider that the lenses or speedlite it came with would work with my Nikon. Expectedly, the lenses did not, but I searched and apparently there are adaptors - anyone have experience with this? Worth it?

Anyways, I tried the 199A Speedlite with my Nikon and it worked perfectly. I'm really excited. I did some practice shots and couldn't believe the difference between the stock Nikon flash and the speed light. Here's a comparison:

Stock Flash:
flash.jpg

199A Speedlite (pointed towards ceiling):
speedlite.jpg

Huge difference! Mind you, lot's of people here probably have equipment far more advanced (and from this century) so I doubt this is anything special. =)

Great camera. I had two of these over a period of 38 years. The first one was stolen and it's replacement broke down last year, which drove me to digital. It had a Tamron 70-210 zoom. I tried to see if it would fit the XSi I bought, but no-go. I got $25 for the zoom and it's adaptor. I still have the dead body and 1.8 50mm.

Dale

Edit: Your 2nd shot has a good DOF. It's an AF lens! How modern. Mine were all manual focus.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Mind you, lot's of people here probably have equipment far more advanced (and from this century) so I doubt this is anything special. =)

For the past few weeks I've been shooting almost exclusively with my Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 Macro lens. I love its sharpness and contrast, it's the sharpest lens in my arsenal. This lens was featured in the 1978 edition of the Modern Photography magazine. Comes in a K-mount so no adapter is needed to mount it on my Pentax K20D. Best of all, it's stabilized :)

SelfMadeCelo

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Tulare, CA
Nothing special. Actually washed my car for the first time in months and the new truck for the first time lol I need to get out more and get some new shots...

4202042307_d1f2e5db7d_o.jpg

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Thanks for the comments, Kallisti. But you'll keep the mods happy, when quoting pix, to convert the 'img' tags to 'timg'... which creates thumbnails...

Having fun doing some twilight shots around small Cumbrian towns. The 'window of opportunity' isn't long, waiting for the ambient light to fade, and 'balance out' the artificial lighting. These shots were taken 10 minutes apart...

Oh, how your photo's make me long to move back to Europe :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.