Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Piel Island, yesterday: a little island off the Cumbria coast... with a row of terraced houses, a castle and a pub. The pub's been closed for a while :)(), but it's due to open again next year :))). To get a pint, you'll need to get the ferry (a guy in a little fishing boat). Now, that's my kind of pub...

While I was shooting yesterday, a guy from the nearby shipbuilding company (a huge, controversial concern, military submarines, hush-hush, etc) stopped me and asked why I was taking photographs. "Because I want to, that's why"...

Then yesterday evening, a policeman turns up at my shack, to ask some more questions. To his credit, he looked rather embarrassed... but what the hell's going on? I suggested that the photographers they might be concerned about are the ones they can't see... rather than the ones who stand around, camera on tripod, waiting for the light to get 'interesting'.

The policeman left, having asked a few more obvious questions, and me saying much the same thing. All very polite... but what a waste of time. He wasted even more time by getting his van stuck in the mud near my shack, and needing to be towed out by a 4x4... :eek:

pielcloudsv.jpg

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Walking along our property last week, these caught my eye as final fall colors before winter kicked in.

_MG_2470.jpg

If some animal does not get them I'll see if I can capture them in ice for some timeline theme.

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Piel Island, yesterday: a little island off the Cumbria coast... with a row of terraced houses, a castle and a pub. The pub's been closed for a while :)(), but it's due to open again next year :))). To get a pint, you'll need to get the ferry (a guy in a little fishing boat). Now, that's my kind of pub...

While I was shooting yesterday, a guy from the nearby shipbuilding company (a huge, controversial concern, military submarines, hush-hush, etc) stopped me and asked why I was taking photographs. "Because I want to, that's why"...

Then yesterday evening, a policeman turns up at my shack, to ask some more questions. To his credit, he looked rather embarrassed... but what the hell's going on? I suggested that the photographers they might be concerned about are the ones they can't see... rather than the ones who stand around, camera on tripod, waiting for the light to get 'interesting'.

The policeman left, having asked a few more obvious questions, and me saying much the same thing. All very polite... but what a waste of time. He wasted even more time by getting his van stuck in the mud near my shack, and needing to be towed out by a 4x4... :eek:

pielcloudsv.jpg

Well you can look at the bright side life is never boring only interesting!:)

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Wild Berries

not sure what they are called,they grow in abundance on boggy ground here in newfoundland very bitter to taste.

Attachments

• (458) July 29.JPG
    (458) July 29.JPG
    935.6 KB · Views: 142

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Long time, no shooting for me! :(
But I grabbed the camera and got some photos of the xmas market in Lincoln, uk. First day it was open. Was with my girlfriend so I couldnt take a tripod so everything was handheld and it was very dark so lots of blurred images :/
But some good ones. I like this one from one of the stands.

Shot from the hip without looking haha!

'Russian Dolls'
4159620407_33cec5bba4_o.jpg

Luke.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

pielcloudsv.jpg

I ran into a similar attitude when I was setting up this shot of public transportation. I was framing an open passenger door with signs around it when this guy in dark blue asked what I was doing. I said "Taking pictures" and he replied "No you're not". This pissed me and I took the photo of the train anyway. If I had run the conversation out, I'm sure I would have been sitting in a Transportation Security Administration office answering the same questions put to you. Welcome to life post 9/11.

I like your photo, especially the forms taken by the clouds below the higher layer of stratus (?) clouds. Nice light.

sounderrail2.jpg

Dale

Amazing Owl

Huntington Beach State Park, South Carolina. While on a hike this morning, we saw this owl swoop down, snag something on the ground, and light in a low branch. Literally step by step, I was amazed to see how close I could get -- these shots are from an iPhone -- I was literally within arm's length... and when he got bored, he flew off.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 148

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
A shot from today at the Nike Cross Nationals.

NXN-3.jpg

Yes it was as cold and miserable as it looked. I had to be there at 5:15 this morning for work and the temp was 23 degrees and icy, and I don't believe it warmed up all that much by race time.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Got back to shooting some photos today. I've been busy working on my car with the spare time I have. (replaced the transmission and installed a new clutch/pressure plate) All is done now!
Took some photos here is one that I like but I think it needs a different/better angle.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Just got the canon 50mm 1.8, beautiful lens for £99 :) Tate modern today... c&c welcome. (clickable) No PP on this either!
4155664791_26bacf115f_o.jpg

wow :eek:

Nice little lens for not much money. I thought you weren't allowed to take pictures in the Tate Modern, though...?

Old Roman ruins in the middle of Vienna:

4163021080_4aa1c2bd6b_o.jpg

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Crispy Crabs

Frozen crab apples.

4163596220_0a22775033_o.jpg

Exposure Mode: Auto exposure
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Exposure Time: 1 / 1000
FNumber: 2.3
Focal Length: 21.1
ISO Speed Ratings: 100
Sony DSC f717

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
My 8-year old nephew. You can't let him see that you have the camera out of he will go nuts with crazy poses, unless you want those shots.

Clickable!

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Long time, no shooting for me! :(
But I grabbed the camera and got some photos of the xmas market in Lincoln, uk. First day it was open. Was with my girlfriend so I couldnt take a tripod so everything was handheld and it was very dark so lots of blurred images :/
But some good ones. I like this one from one of the stands.

Shot from the hip without looking haha!

'Russian Dolls'
4159620407_33cec5bba4_o.jpg

Luke.
Very nice photo :D i like it! especially since you didnt even know what you were pointing the camera at haha :p

Nice little lens for not much money. I thought you weren't allowed to take pictures in the Tate Modern, though...?

Old Roman ruins in the middle of Vienna:

4163021080_4aa1c2bd6b_o.jpg
Yeah it is, i was really pleased with some of the pictures it produces :) and your not allowed to take pictures of the art itself, this was just a board in which people left their thoughts about the turner prize entries. still got many dirty looks though :) nice photo too. b&w, perhaps?

Walking along our property last week, these caught my eye as final fall colors before winter kicked in.

_MG_2470.jpg

If some animal does not get them I'll see if I can capture them in ice for some timeline theme.
really nice photo!
i just think its a tiiiiny bit distracting the the frontmost one is slightly out of focus? or is that just me?
nice pic nonetheless :)

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I think doing this one again, I'd frame the lamp in the lower right corner more than it is. Thought it looked pretty cool though. Still in automatic though. I just need more hours in the day to learn!

web.jpg

nullx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
I ran into a similar attitude when I was setting up this shot of public transportation. I was framing an open passenger door with signs around it when this guy in dark blue asked what I was doing. I said "Taking pictures" and he replied "No you're not". This pissed me and I took the photo of the train anyway. If I had run the conversation out, I'm sure I would have been sitting in a Transportation Security Administration office answering the same questions put to you. Welcome to life post 9/11.

I like your photo, especially the forms taken by the clouds below the higher layer of stratus (?) clouds. Nice light.

sounderrail2.jpg

Dale

nice pic.. where is this from? it looks like Tacoma, Washington's train line

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.