Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Something Different

2270359642_1d8ce7bb48.jpg

wow, i absolutely love this shot. and to me, i dont know if it was intentional, but its almost as if it has a meaning, like when you are young, childhood stands still, and you are carefree, but as soon as you grow up, everything is rushed, and filled with responsibilities and what not.
Amazing.... (PS, as i said, i dont know if that was intentional, but that was my take on it... if you didnt think of it, i hope i have contributed ;))
PPS: Was there any post processing done to this pic?

Hi all, first post ever on mac rumours. Please could you advise me on the limit size for JPEG that I can post to the forum and how many??? Tried looking but as this is all very new to me I a still a bit confused.

Many thanks::confused:

Sorry for last email, I have now learnt to read and understand....I hope.
This shot was taken with following kit
EOS 400D
Sigma 10-20mm
F14, 30 seconds ISO 100
ND Grad

Sigma was borrowed. Confused! Do I buy Sigma 10-20mm or Canon 10-22mm?

attachment.php

wow, where was this taken, and what did you do to it...its a very moving image.

timtam

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
BaLi
wow, i absolutely love this shot. and to me, i dont know if it was intentional, but its almost as if it has a meaning, like when you are young, childhood stands still, and you are carefree, but as soon as you grow up, everything is rushed, and filled with responsibilities and what not.
Amazing.... (PS, as i said, i dont know if that was intentional, but that was my take on it... if you didnt think of it, i hope i have contributed )

Thanks a lot. I have to give credit to my girlfriend for this pic, I didn't see the little girl standing right a cross the street, my girlfriend saw it. Then I took the little girl photo.
For the processing, I just use Aperture, simple adjustment here and there.
And you describes the photos really well, Thanks ;)

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Trying my hand at portraits. Well not so much trying, practising. More so on lighting at the moment. Poses come later since...yeah I'm pretty lost about them too.

jayfire124

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Amazing.... (PS, as i said, i dont know if that was intentional, but that was my take on it... if you didnt think of it, i hope i have contributed ;))

wow, where was this taken, and what did you do to it...its a very moving image.

Taken in Jersey, Channel Islands. Didn't do anything other than 30 second exposure with a neutral grad filter. I took loads of pics that evening as the sun set and the tide came in all around me. Got soaked as usual being in the right place at the right time.

libertyterran

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
Time for my first HDR attempt.

We went down to Kioloa beach (NSW Australia) for this workshop. I woke up around 6:00AM to catch the first light but unfortunately it was so much cloudy that I could hardly see the sun. So I attempted to do some slow shutter shots and later HDRised them. This one turns out to be the best of the bunch.
2271605354_b5f1662b25_o.jpg

C&C are more than welcome

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I actually like a lot this picture!
It's not overdone, and, with the long exposure, adds another effect on top of the HDR.
I often find HDR borings because they are just HDR-snapshots, not HDR-great shots.
Kudos! :)

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Hi all, first post ever on mac rumours. Please could you advise me on the limit size for JPEG that I can post to the forum and how many??? Tried looking but as this is all very new to me I a still a bit confused.

Many thanks::confused:

Sorry for last email, I have now learnt to read and understand....I hope.
This shot was taken with following kit
EOS 400D
Sigma 10-20mm
F14, 30 seconds ISO 100
ND Grad

Sigma was borrowed. Confused! Do I buy Sigma 10-20mm or Canon 10-22mm?

Fantastic Shot, where is this lighthouse ?

OOPS sorry, Just noticed your post above where you explained where it was.... It's still a great shot though.

TommyD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland.

We went down to Kioloa beach (NSW Australia) for this workshop. I woke up around 6:00AM to catch the first light but unfortunately it was so much cloudy that I could hardly see the sun. So I attempted to do some slow shutter shots and later HDRised them. This one turns out to be the best of the bunch.

Love this shot, especially the light shining through the clouds and the ghostly effect on the water caused by the slow shutter speed.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Trying my hand at portraits. Well not so much trying, practising. More so on lighting at the moment. Poses come later since...yeah I'm pretty lost about them too.

For just trying your hand, you've taken a stunning photograph. I personally think it is a beautiful picture

iTiki

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
Maui, Hawaii

Love the shot. However I would have preferred a little more "grey" in the clouds and less "blue". I'm new to this, so what do I know. I'm sure it will take me a while to get where you are now. Please post more.

Thanks, Mike

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Taken in Jersey, Channel Islands. Didn't do anything other than 30 second exposure with a neutral grad filter. I took loads of pics that evening as the sun set and the tide came in all around me. Got soaked as usual being in the right place at the right time.

it looks like you are up in the sky, and there is a huge tower just sticking up above the clouds...very lord of the ringish, i like :D

jayfire124

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Corbiere Lighthouse Jersey

Canon 400D
Sigma 10-20
1/4Sec@f22
ND Grad

Attachments

• IMG_4923 JPG.jpg
    IMG_4923 JPG.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Really your first attempt at HDR?? It looks good to me. The blue-grey of the sky, the aquamarine of the water... and the little sunset streak. It would make a great poster...

Jayfire: terrific shots of Jersey... except the thumbnails are too small and the originals way too big to view on my screen...

timtam... I like the shot of the little girl: "a still point in a turning world"... full of symbolism...

M@lew... great portrait too, very natural and 'unforced'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.