Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Hey Doylem,

Thanks for the review! I dont even know how to spell half them words!:eek:

I can assure you the place was pristine, and I'm no tree hugger, but we found some trash (a ballon that probably fell from the sky) out there and hauled it out with us. Left nothing but some tracks in the snow.

I don't want to share the exact whereabouts of this trail, for just the reason you explained. Its best kept secret. ;)

Here's some without the machine

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Statue in the Tuileries, Paris

2297868298_7f0e21912b_o.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Hey Doylem,

Thanks for the review! I dont even know how to spell half them words!:eek:

I can assure you the place was pristine, and I'm no tree hugger, but we found some trash (a ballon that probably fell from the sky) out there and hauled it out with us. Left nothing but some tracks in the snow.

I don't want to share the exact whereabouts of this trail, for just the reason you explained. Its best kept secret. ;)

Here's some without the machine

I don't think this will give away the exact location, but from my own explorations that looks like it's somewhere near Moab, Utah. And, that's a really cool trail machine. What is it?

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

It's a beautiful dog, I'm presuming an Aussie Shepherd. Nice detail and color. I'd say it might be improved if it were cropped to a tighter head shot to eliminate the distracting blown out glare/window on the right, but the vertical line also takes away from the shot a bit, and I don't see an easy way to crop it out without putting the dogs nose right on the edge of the frame. Just watch the background stuff, and keep taking his/her portrait. :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
please criticize, i am trying to learn here...:)

Well, it's a great sky, but that's it: ie the foreground lacks interest. Are the fence posts lit by your car headlights?

If you're getting colourful sunsets where you live, then the better shots come from a little pre-planning: combining the sky colour with a more interesting subject, basically. Like the shot on this page of the pier jutting out to sea. They're kinda similar pix... except that one's been 'organised' and one's been 'grabbed'.

The eye thinks "fabulous sunset", and remembers how good it felt... but the camera just records what's in front of it. :)

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Well, it's a great sky, but that's it: ie the foreground lacks interest. Are the fence posts lit by your car headlights?

If you're getting colourful sunsets where you live, then the better shots come from a little pre-planning: combining the sky colour with a more interesting subject, basically. Like the shot on this page of the pier jutting out to sea. They're kinda similar pix... except that one's been 'organised' and one's been 'grabbed'.

The eye thinks "fabulous sunset", and remembers how good it felt... but the camera just records what's in front of it. :)

haaa.. that does make a lot of sense and i completely agree with you, i did not see that before, i was trying to get the sense of "organised" by lighting the fence with my car headlights (it was on purpose), but i can see how that instead turned into a "just the sky" and nothing else pic... i will keep that in mind for my next shots, and thx :)

Eauboy

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Washington, DC
[Meant for Taylor Wilsdon]

Nice, crisp shot. I like the way the subject is looking out of the frame, like he's on guard duty, which in his mind he probably is. Shooting from below really helped this one, I think.

Unfortunately the blown-out window really hurts this image for me. Very hard for my eyes to settle in.

jayfire124

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
February is coming to an end !!

Canon 400D
Sigma 10-20
25 sec @ f25

Attachments

• IMG_4828CS3I.jpg
    IMG_4828CS3I.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 128

jayfire124

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Wow! I love it. Make it bigger

How do I do that ??? It's a JPEG at max size allowed. Thanks for your comment

I agree, everything about this shot is fantastic !

Thanks Doylem and Steamie. Glad you liked it. I took loads in portrait and landscape that amazing night. Corbiere is a remarkable spot in Jersey to take sunset shots at this time of year.

jayfire124

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
My kind of shot: strong, simple, graphic...
Thanks 'Doylem' and 'Steamie'. Always appreciate your views. Corbiere in Jersey is a remarkable spot to shoot sunsets at this time of year.

Instead of posting your pic as an attachment, click on the 'picture' icon and link to wherever your pic is online.
Sorry to repeat post but I am having trouble with deleting original posts. (Think I better read the instructions again). My pic isn't on a website though. When you say 'online', do you mean if I have it on a website e.g.Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.