Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Beauty From The Bay

"Beauty From The Bay"

2199181050_f5d1d03046_o.jpg

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
snip

Paradise from the heavens

D40x
1/320
f 9
24mm

P.S. In case people need reminding, ONE PHOTO PER DAY.

Wow... I love this one. It reminds me of this picture I took a while ago Link although yours is much better! :). Your picture looks like if I was looking at the earth and space at the same time.

I really can't remember if I've posted this before. =\

snip

M@alew... I just love your BW photos. You really seem to hit the conversion spot on everytime. I don't know if this is asking of too much but a(long) while ago you posted what I would call a tutorial to how you Photoshop your pictures. Could you post it/describe it again? :)

great photos everyone...
i'll contribute for my 1st post...

snip

Really good HDR conversion! This picture is stunning.

After he spilled the dog food on the floor, Kai hand fed all of the food to the dog

snip

Again... I love this picture. Absolutely beautiful :)

A busy day in the Pennines...

snip

I love this one :). How did you take it... On a big hill or?

snip

Boat Boys
Luang Prabang, Laos.
December 14, 2007.
Nikon D40 + Nikkor 18-200mm @ 105mm​

Lot's of guys make their living on the Mekong.

This picture is SO great. I haven't seen such a good silhouette picture in the last half year or so. Are you getting published?

Here is my contribution to the thread :)

large

Samsung radio
Still working too

Nørrebro, Copenhagen, Denmark
January 10, 2008
Canon 30D + Sigma DG EX 28-70mm 2.8 @ 70mm and f 2.8​

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Solrac Selbor your photos never cease to amaze me..

How do you make everything look so vivid? (pardon the question, but I'm a noob to photography.. literally).

Canon Powershot S80 (3 years old now) handheld.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Great photo :)

Carlos, I must admit that your pictures throughout this thread has been VERY excellent :)
Thank you for your kind comment!

Solrac Selbor your photos never cease to amaze me..

How do you make everything look so vivid? (pardon the question, but I'm a noob to photography.. literally).

Canon Powershot S80 (3 years old now) handheld.

Thank you! To tell you the truth I'm a noob to photography as well. You see I just got my camera last week. Ive been playing with a kodak point and shoot for a while experimenting with new techniques and reading photography books. I really dont have a secret to make things vivid, other than using a tripod. However, the style of these photos are HDR (High Dynamic Range) which requires a series of shots of the same object in different exposures, and then blending them together during post processing.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I might have posted this way back in the original thread, but I don't remember.

Last edited:

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Eastern Oregon, near John Day Fossil Beds National Monument

This is in the vicinity of the Painted Hills.

SCN0007.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 28-105
Fujichrome

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
@PimpDaddy - Thanks. Most of my editing is done in Lightroom using the Greyscale conversion. This is the same as CameraRAW I believe. I increase the exposure a bit to brighten the overall image unless it's already very bright and then adjust contrast with blacks and fill light as necessary.

Then once I'm satisfied using curves/highlights, shadows etc. I'll adjust the colour to get the right brightness in certain areas such as people's faces which can be a problem with the Greyscale conversion.

Then after that is all done if the image really needs it I'll bring it into Photoshop for some dodging + burning of the highlights and shadows just to make things pop a little more. Then that's about it. :D

This is another photo taken with my Lensbaby. I was going to show a black and white which but I think this photo is better than the black and white just uploaded to my flickr.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
@PimpDaddy - Thanks. Most of my editing is done in Lightroom using the Greyscale conversion. This is the same as CameraRAW I believe. I increase the exposure a bit to brighten the overall image unless it's already very bright and then adjust contrast with blacks and fill light as necessary.

Then once I'm satisfied using curves/highlights, shadows etc. I'll adjust the colour to get the right brightness in certain areas such as people's faces which can be a problem with the Greyscale conversion.

Then after that is all done if the image really needs it I'll bring it into Photoshop for some dodging + burning of the highlights and shadows just to make things pop a little more. Then that's about it. :D

This is another photo taken with my Lensbaby. I was going to show a black and white which but I think this photo is better than the black and white just uploaded to my flickr.

snip

Thank you very much :). I think I'll go play with it sometime soon... Haven't really done anything BW in a looooong time :)

large

Sundown
Broager, Jutland, Denmark
December 23, 2007
Canon 30D + Sigma DG EX 28-70mm f2.8 @ 28mm and f10

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I love pictures like this, that you can 'wander round' in. I want to be walking that path...
A nice compliment coming from the master of the well-lit landscape...! ;) That little path is an unimproved, narrow road leading down to the little lake in the background (which you can see in the middle.) Next time I'll post a pic looking the other way, showing some of the painted hills.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
2206591215_e20bfb0e5c_o.jpg

Bahamian Skies

Wow... I love this one. It reminds me of this picture I took a while ago Link although yours is much better! :). Your picture looks like if I was looking at the earth and space at the same time.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I tried clicking on your link, but it wouldn't load... it's a shame, I want to see it :)

kiskadee

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2002
Belgium
my strangest picture "ever"

plitvice.jpg

The first time I saw it in my computer I rotated it because it looked a bit strange... Any comments?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.