Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
We finally had some nice weather (for a few hours) today. A shot for the architecture admirers out there:

TowerTip1.jpg

Nice colors and detail. You did a nice job of straightening out the verticals. Either that or you were a ways up.

Looks like you got the weather I was supposed to have Friday in the mountains. :cool:

Dale

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
A big favour to ask of all you good MR folk. My new business is up and running... well, kind of...

We’ve booked the venues for our first landscape photography workshops, starting about Easter time. The website is live Magnetic North

The favour is this: I’d be very grateful if you could give Magnetic North a link - or a mention - on your website or photo-blog. I’d be happy to email the logo, or pix, to use alongside. Comments about the website would be helpful too (I’m a photographer, not a designer... ;)). Just PM me...

If any MR folk would like to join us on a workshop, I’d be happy to heavily discount the first few sessions of ‘zen photography’. The pic below shows the kind of landscape to be seen on the very first session in Swaledale.

Apologies for introducing the bitter taste of commerce into these hallowed halls, but, hey, if you don’t ask, you don’t get. And I need to drive more traffic to our site. PM me for more details, or email from the website. Many thanks... :D

Lost and lonely Crackpot Hall...

crackpot.jpg

Great. I love it :)

Please post more! Great job there.

EmiLy™;9124217 said:

I really like this picture. The postprocessing and motif is great! Would you care to elaborate on how you processed this shot? Added you on flickr.

Nothing to fancy from me. Took this picture on really short notice. It's part of a series with pictures of 3 girls that are currently holding different "Miss" titles who wanted to have some promo pictures taken to use in a collection campaign for Danish Red Cross.

C&C welcome!

5220071_222bddb3e9a82b07960c60b2a09382d8_large.jpg

I think I angled the picture too much at the time of capture but I like it anyway :rolleyes:

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Mowat Lake, ice fishing, Ontario

I see there is a bit of an architectural theme of late. Here's my contribution. ;)

4300036819_ca045862b6_o.jpg

A warming shelter. A wood stove inside with windows all round in order to be able to watch the "still lines". It was a gorgeous morning.

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
The snow is gone but I'm still sorting through my pictures. The Hell Fire Club, Dublin:

4301082758_59f6a11549_o.jpg

Originally constructed in 1725 as a hunting lodge by William Connolly, Speaker of the Irish House of Commons, this ruined building sits at the summit of Montpelier Hill in the Dublin Mountains.

Local legend has it that the building was constructed from the stones of a Bronze Age cairn situated on the summit of the hill (the remains of the cairn can be seen to the rear of the building). The desecration of such an ancient burial site disturbed the souls of those buried there and the site has since had a reputation for hauntings.

This reputation is enhanced by the fact that the Irish Hell Fire Club occasionally used the building as a meeting place and many lurid tales of their exploits there have entered local folklore. It is from this association with the Hell Fire Club that the building and the surrounding woods take their name.

Today, the Hell Fire Club and its surroundings is a popular recreation spot for many Dubliners on account of the commanding views over the city from the summit.

Schmigs

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2010
Go Bears!

We finally had some nice weather (for a few hours) today. A shot for the architecture admirers out there:
TowerTip1.jpg

Wonderful shot of the Campanile (and Wheeler Hall, I'm guessing). From your second shot, I almost feel I would see VLSB by turning around to face West. Timeless shots for any past/present Cal students to be sure. Thank you for sharing your beautiful captures =)

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Oops

I meant to attach this to my above reply...

pano.jpg

Nice thing about 21MP is even at that crop I still end up with almost a 6MP final image. 4153x1360 (5.6MP)

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Don't own a fancy camera yet sadly. But borrowed my wife's dad's point and
shoot to take some pictures of her in her new 150$ heels I got her the other
day. Nice husband I am right? Anywho, the picture is risque yet tasteful,
trying to stay within the great standards of this site. I hope you all like it.
It was just in our apartment, I have a lot more but this one is one of my
favorites.

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 144

Foreverwontcome

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
Stow, Ohio
Don't own a fancy camera yet sadly. But borrowed my wife's dad's point and
shoot to take some pictures of her in her new 150$ heels I got her the other
day. Nice husband I am right? Anywho, the picture is risque yet tasteful,
trying to stay within the great standards of this site. I hope you all like it.
It was just in our apartment, I have a lot more but this one is one of my
favorites.

good husband is beyond the words, plus I wonder how your wife feels about you posting her pictures on the net.

I mean...I doubt anyone is complaining. But, it is "tasteful" and she is nice to look @. But...still lol.

Anyways...for a PaS camera, that is a nice quality picture. Much touching up?

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
After a week straight of rain comes mud

4302763848_ba10f6bee9_o.jpg

Gettin stuck and pulling someone out is half the fun of playing in the mud isn't it? I miss those days, I had a 72 Landcruiser, my brother had an 87 Toyota truck (back then they didn't have a name, just truck), friends had some jeeps and other 4WD's... I miss those weekends. Now my parents house sits on the very ground we used to get stuck in. Oh the joys of development.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
That must be a real treat. Your crop is the size of my images full size. :p

One day the big camera comes along :) Took me almost 5 years of wishing to get something outside the xxD Canon range. I used my 20D and took it everywhere for several years, it was a great workhorse!

SelfMadeCelo

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Tulare, CA
Gettin stuck and pulling someone out is half the fun of playing in the mud isn't it? I miss those days, I had a 72 Landcruiser, my brother had an 87 Toyota truck (back then they didn't have a name, just truck), friends had some jeeps and other 4WD's... I miss those weekends. Now my parents house sits on the very ground we used to get stuck in. Oh the joys of development.

lol he was REALLY stuck. After five hours of trying finally got him out. A Duramax pulling a Super Duty and 200ft of chain. Broke 5 straps and 2 chains in the process. Lots of fun

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.