Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Gotta say, having any bike is a good thing. Enjoy it every chance you get. PSA, always wear a helmet.:)
Agreed, I always wear a bright coloured armoured leather jacket and gloves, boots and at least biker kevlar jeans. Helmet is law in this country, but mine is dayglow yellow.

Cheers :)

Hugh

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Always, Always stick with your first thought. You sir, deserve a cookie and a fine one at that:D
25944829928_7d1c5975a1_n.jpg

Aprillia RSV4RR. Quite a stunner in person.

39095143734_bd9f5931cc_h.jpg

[doublepost=1516549942][/doublepost]
Sweet cafe!

Should have stuck with it. Especially after rummaging through my old photos and finding a picture of my best friend's that I took in 2014 ;)

15508383694_618b998305_h.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
When we got back to where we start our nightly sunset walks from, there is a popup foodie type event going on at the moment. It gets very busy once the sun has gone down, things were just getting started when I took this.

_MG_9585-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L, Multi-segment Metering, Manual Mode
ISO 1600, 28mm, f/11, 1/80

[doublepost=1516565710][/doublepost]
39095143734_bd9f5931cc_h.jpg

[doublepost=1516549942][/doublepost]
Sweet cafe!
Nice machine! I'm always amazed at the influence the Suzi Katana had on modern bike design way back in the late 80's/early 90's, it's still quite apparent here with styling that nods its head in that direction, but with some modern embellishments.

I still think Cafe Racers are the best looking bikes out there.

[doublepost=1516565792][/doublepost]
Should have stuck with it. Especially after rummaging through my old photos and finding a picture of my best friend's that I took in 2014 ;)

15508383694_618b998305_h.jpg
Good hunch! Very nice POV.
[doublepost=1516566126][/doublepost]
Oh boy, I would kill myself on that !
It has 10 x more HP than my current retro old man's plodder 250 :eek:

View attachment 747879

Hugh
I love the retro styling going on with your bike, Hugh! Glad to hear that you kit up well, making yourself highly visible. We have too many young idiots around here that are on their learner plates, riding huge machines, wearing thongs, shorts and tank-tops! I don't know what happened to having to have several years experience before being able to move up to the larger bikes, and even then it was stepped up. You couldn't just hop on an 1100CC, and that was a good thing, in my eyes. :eek:

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
When we got back to where we start our nightly sunset walks from, there is a popup foodie type event going on at the moment. It gets very busy once the sun has gone down, things were just getting started when I took this.

_MG_9585-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L, Multi-segment Metering, Manual Mode
ISO 1600, 28mm, f/11, 1/80

[doublepost=1516565710][/doublepost]
Nice machine! I'm always amazed at the influence the Suzi Katana had on modern bike design way back in the late 80's/early 90's, it's still quite apparent here with styling that nods its head in that direction, but with some modern embellishments.

I still think Cafe Racers are the best looking bikes out there.

[doublepost=1516565792][/doublepost]
Good hunch! Very nice POV.
[doublepost=1516566126][/doublepost]
I love the retro styling going on with your bike, Hugh! Glad to hear that you kit up well, making yourself highly visible. We have too many young idiots around here that are on their learner plates, riding huge machines, wearing thongs, shorts and tank-tops! I don't know what happened to having to have several years experience before being able to move up to the larger bikes, and even then it was stepped up. You couldn't just hop on an 1100CC, and that was a good thing, in my eyes. :eek:
Thank you - it's a Chinese copy of the Suzuki GN250 engine mounted on a retro frame, upgraded with decent brakes; looks and sounds like a 1960s scrambler. Good for just over 80mph I'm told ;)
I quite often see riders, old and young, going around without proper gear (especially gloves) in the summer and get angry because one of my workmates had a low speed spill when a car turned right in front of him. Although he was wearing armoured gloves he ended up trapping his hand and spent weeks in hospital having it reconstructed.

Hugh

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Queen Street bridge over the Don River in snow, Toronto

D85_5773-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

The bridge was built in 1911 and is considered "public art" in Toronto. The phrase "This river I step in is not the river I stand in" is taken from the philosophy of Heraclitus. I really have no idea what it means.

Toronto public transit electric street cars (others call them trams or trolleys) are often photographed in snow because of the bright contrasting colours.

I love this photo and the other one with the person stepping from the bus. I thought at first it was selective colour but now I'm not so sure

I am. Not sure about the trees and bushes!
Now come on post another winner!

Well, as long as you're all right :) Thanks for the comment but I'm afraid I haven't taken a lot of photos recently. Went to London last week to do some photography but spent a good amount of the time looking for my lost phone. Turns out it was at Watford Junction station. I'd left it on the train and some kind soul had handed it in.

The weather is decidedly nippy today...

DSCF6227.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

I love this! Especially at a distance from that weather!!! :)

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
I love this photo and the other one with the person stepping from the bus. I thought at first it was selective colour but now I'm not so sure
Thanks very much @Ish Both shots are selective colour - kinda, sort of...

The backgrounds were washed-out in terms of colour because of the snow and the light which was the effect I was going for but I did work them further. I used Ps to mask the streetcar and reduce the colour saturation of the background by about one third. If I remember correctly, using the same layer mask, I also lifted the exposure and brightness of the background a bit.

~ Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: Ish

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Well, as long as you're all right :) Thanks for the comment but I'm afraid I haven't taken a lot of photos recently. Went to London last week to do some photography but spent a good amount of the time looking for my lost phone. Turns out it was at Watford Junction station. I'd left it on the train and some kind soul had handed it in.

Well glad you got the phone back! You'll have to try again.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

Thanks and glad you got your phone back.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Reactions: someoldguy

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Nice.
[doublepost=1516645168][/doublepost]
Lovely. Are you using a Polariser?
[doublepost=1516645208][/doublepost]
Again very nice.
Thank you :)
No polariser, just playing with curves in PS. We had some lovely skies when I took these though...

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.