Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
I have to say Exhibit A was amazing. Exhibit B however tzkes it up a level. Love that! Major picture envy here! Wow
[doublepost=1515194622][/doublepost]

Lol... the whole BS about taking a picture to represent the existential juxtapostion of modernist idealisms against traditional metaphorical society not your thing then no? - quick round of BS bingo before sleeps... i hate it when artists wax lyrical about some nonsense justification for their collection... pretentious ... but then you need something more than it was sunny and the light was nice on the rocks... lol good luck... two approaches, either try and be serious or be completely tongue in cheek.

:p:p:p
Well said Ken but I have to say that I hope "existential juxtapostion of modernist idealisms against traditional metaphorical society" didn't come naturally to you.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Vs Nikon for Dentists and Accountants?
I'm neither! I'm a Logistics/warehouse/sales/exhibition/purchasing/building/transport manager!
[doublepost=1515268647][/doublepost]
Absolutely. I never buy official branded camera batteries as they are ridiculously overpriced. Never had an issue with a cheap one either. Same with the chargers. Fuji chargers were about a hundred quid when I had one and I paid twenty for a cheap one that also came with a battery.
I'm lucky in that both of my Nikon bodies use the same battery. So I have three Nikon ones and got gifted a different brand one from someone at work.

Reactions: MacRy

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge, Venice

D85_3016-XL.jpg

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm neither! I'm a Logistics/warehouse/sales/exhibition/purchasing/building/transport manager!
[doublepost=1515268647][/doublepost]
I'm lucky in that both of my Nikon bodies use the same battery. So I have three Nikon ones and got gifted a different brand one from someone at work.

Yep and I am a glorified technical show and tell coordinator...

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
A small cairn at Willunga Beach, South Australia.

_MG_9421-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Samyang 24mm f/3.5 T-S, Manual Mode, Lunasix 3 Incident Metering
ISO 100, 24mm, f/3.5, 1/3200

[doublepost=1515272811][/doublepost]
Logistics/warehouse/sales/exhibition/purchasing/building/transport manager!
There's too many vowels in that word for it to be Welsh... Maybe it's a Chav drinking term of some sort... ;)

Last edited:

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Absolutely. I never buy official branded camera batteries as they are ridiculously overpriced. Never had an issue with a cheap one either. Same with the chargers. Fuji chargers were about a hundred quid when I had one and I paid twenty for a cheap one that also came with a battery.

You’ve been lucky, then. I used to work for Canon and we got cameras all the time for repair that were damaged by 3rd party batteries. Most of the time, what was left of the battery was still stuck inside. The worst part is, they not only void your warranty, but Canon worn’t repair the camera either, even at your expense. Honestly, they usually aren’t worth repairing anyways because they are so badly damaged they would cost more to repair than they are worth.

Reactions: MacRy

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
A small cairn at Willunga Beach, South Australia.

_MG_9421-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS-E, Manual Mode, Lunasix 3 Incident Metering
ISO 100, 24mm, f/3.5, 1/3200

[doublepost=1515272811][/doublepost]
There's too many vowels in that word for it to be Welsh... Maybe it's a Chav drinking term of some sort... ;)

God damn it man! You are on your A game this week! Look at that!

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Attempted to play with selective focus plane of T/S (the path) - perhaps not the best subject but at least I have people in the shot...tried to get them blurred with a bit of motion. Comments always appreciated.

Along the towpath
by another scotsman, on Flickr
You've done well. I like the inferred movement with the blur of the closer people and the plane of focus along that wall and the path.
[doublepost=1515317622][/doublepost]
Here is another from the other night at the Falkirk Wheel. I like this one for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. It isnt an obvious angle to take it from so suspect it is just my brain liking the colours.

DSCF5891.jpg
by Ken OHagan, on Flickr
A great POV, Ken! Feel free to ignore my thought here, but I'd be tempted to remove the lighter stuff on the right of frame altogether, so there's just the centre and some very subtle light on the wall over to the right.

Just had a drool over the album you created with the images taken that night! It's a drop dead gorgeous subject, captured really well. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
You've done well. I like the inferred movement with the blur of the closer people and the plane of focus along that wall and the path.
[doublepost=1515317622][/doublepost]
A great POV, Ken! Feel free to ignore my thought here, but I'd be tempted to remove the lighter stuff on the right of frame altogether, so there's just the centre and some very subtle light on the wall over to the right.

Just had a drool over the album you created with the images taken that night! It's a drop dead gorgeous subject, captured really well. :cool:

Thanks mate. Yeah I see what you mean. Good catch! I will try that later when home. Thank you for your kind words. We struck it lucky that night for sure!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.