Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
A semi-successful attempt to capture the total lunar eclipse from this morning:

rXDsceI.jpg

I really need a stronger zoom lens…

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
OK, so another one from my day out. Sun just coming up over the ridge of mountains on a cold, clear morning. Comments always appreciated.

Cwm Idwal reflections
by another scotsman, on Flickr
I need to up my game!
[doublepost=1548094585][/doublepost]
A semi-successful attempt to capture the total lunar eclipse from this morning:

rXDsceI.jpg

I really need a stronger zoom lens…
At least you saw it. Cloudy skies here :(
[doublepost=1548094655][/doublepost]
View attachment 816755 Limpkin bird in the canal.
Never heard of a Limpkin bird before. He’s a strange looking thing.
[doublepost=1548094685][/doublepost]
Another frosty shot.

46811614691_68e136da2b_h.jpg

M9 with Elmar 90mm @F8
Lovely.

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
My main draw of the lunar eclipse was the ability to expose for a full moon and stars in a single image.
LR-4564 (1800x1200).jpg

The downside, 13F temperature and 25+ mph winds...
The two brighter starts in the right top part are Castor and Pollux (reminds me of Face/Off).

Last edited:

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
lol, that's so true, but that was out in Utah, at Alstrom Point during sunrise, at 20 degrees, but I'm sure even for some that's not cold lol.

Today in LA I woke to a "freezing" 45 degrees. lol
Lived in San Diego for a while. This mid-westerner was amused by the definition of “cold” in the “winter” there. I do get that it’s all relative though. I concede my definition of cold to the folks in Canada or North Dakota. -10F is about as low as I have experienced. :confused:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Noticed my chandelier reflected in the iPad as the latter was sitting nearby on the charger.....

Chandelier in iPad (1).jpeg

[doublepost=1548208180][/doublepost]

Didn't you already post this image on January 14th?

I know it's easy to forget what we've shared -- For just this reason I've started keeping a folder of the ones I've shared on here so that I don't inadvertently repeat the same image.....

malofx

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Noticed my chandelier reflected in the iPad as the latter was sitting nearby on the charger.....

[doublepost=1548208180][/doublepost]

Didn't you already post this image on January 14th?

I know it's easy to forget what we've shared -- For just this reason I've started keeping a folder of the ones I've shared on here so that I don't inadvertently repeat the same image.....

I had a feeling I had done so, thanks for the idea.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
You're welcome -- as you might have guessed, what prompted me to start the folder was that a couple of times I couldn't remember if I'd already shared a particular photo and decided that the easiest way to be sure would be to set up a method where I'd know for sure. Only problem with that is that sometimes I forget to put the copy into the folder!

Reactions: malofx

malofx

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Lived in San Diego for a while. This mid-westerner was amused by the definition of “cold” in the “winter” there. I do get that it’s all relative though. I concede my definition of cold to the folks in Canada or North Dakota. -10F is about as low as I have experienced. :confused:

Yeah, -10F is super cold. Where are you living now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.