Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BPresley321

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
3760259806_0b5e855c52_b.jpg

CC is welcomed.

Where is this?

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
Ok here's mine for the day. Did a photoshoot yesterday for my school's fashion dept. and I got to shoot it!! Let me know what you think.

Setup:
View attachment 185572

Cool! I'd work on some Curve adjustments in post processing to get that white seemless backdrop to disappear and get her colors to pop more! Sounds like a fun project.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Cool! I'd work on some Curve adjustments in post processing to get that white seemless backdrop to disappear and get her colors to pop more! Sounds like a fun project.

Agh I always forget about curves!! I just id a curves adjustment and wowow 10x better, i'll post in a few

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I agree that the other girl (the blonde) was much more natural in front of the camera, but what can I do about that?

Ah... this is the challenge, isn't it: how to get the best results from every portrait... not just subjects who make it seem easy? There's such a fine line between a smile that seems real... and one that looks ever so slightly posed... and this may be the difference between a portrait that's OK and one that really grabs and holds the attention.

How to do that? I don't know... I just photograph fields... ;)

This is great. I think you did a fine job while keeping both feet planted firmly on the ground. I'm an incurable history buff and really miss England. Do you have a link to more information on this location? You've really got me wondering which bits go to which camp/village.

Thanks. The pic is of Chew Green, in the Northumberland National Park. Google 'Chew Green' for more info. It's not a well-visited site, though the accumulation of settlements makes it kinda interesting...

Northumbrian grasslands and a two-headed sheep...

grassland.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.