Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
In the Scottish borders, where the Pennines end and farmland begins...

penninesend.jpg

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
In a tunnel underneath the seal enclosure at Colchester Zoo, UK

I know this is yet another unpolished photo (see my last few), but it makes me smile everytime I look at it. The seal really liked my brother!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This is nice but two questions ... are you using fill flash and why are they shin-deep in water?

Acsom

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
The cooling towers of the Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant, at sunset. All that air conditioning has to come from somewhere.

20081019-IMG_4617-2.jpg

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
This is nice but two questions ... are you using fill flash and why are they shin-deep in water?

Thanks! We were at a river where there were some flat rocks out in the water, so I have some pictures of them sitting together on those rocks. You might see some of those later. I didn't use any flash. I'm trying to figure out how to effectively use the pop-up flash. I don't have the money for an external right now.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
How exactly do you go about getting a shot like that? I'm new to this photography stuff.

Bright light coming in directly facing the camera with natural building lighting. With the distance I was from the light, it naturally gave a dark photo. The only post processing done was the "Aged Photo" Preset in Lightroom + a slight crop to make it even & centered.

Maxxamillian - thx for the CC. Very encouraging. I didn't set out to take that shot on purpose. Just happened in the moment because I wondered what kind of photo I would get in a dark place with bright coming directly at me. My photo shows that experimenting pays.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Wild, Daniel. You present an alien world right in our midst! I love your bug macros.:)
I second that!:D I have been tying or to get a shot of a dragon fly with no luck

Life Rolls On ~ They Will Surf Again
Cocoa Beach, FL
July 25, 2009

Every surfer knows, getting out there is the hardest part!
w_2253891.jpg

E-3+50-200SWD+EC-14
1/1250 @ F/6.3 ISO 160
258mm

Wonderful shot! Timing is so important and your are a master of it.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
yah EXIF Viewer update!

I was pleased to note that the Firefox plugin, EXIF Viewer was updated today:)
It sure makes it easier to check out the the camera settings of uploaded images!

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Big weekend for firsts, I shot my first real wedding as a second shooter on Saturday and my first engagement session on Sunday. Below is a frame from the engagement session.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
No offense, but HDR like that is...horrible. Shadows and so forth are there for a reason. HDR images all seem to come out around 18% grey. With that shot I'd have much preferred to see some dynamic and interesting lighting, and interplay with the waterfall.

petshopboysbyceif.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.