Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
v0m0s1

Canon 5D
focal length: 20mm
exposure: 1/25 f/5.6 ISO 50
Lens: Canon 17-40L
ND Grad 8

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Nice to see the effect with the waterfall. What was your shutter speed, compuwar?

Six tenths of a second for that one I think. I had some at 30 seconds, but had some exposure issues with the longer ones (the fun of learning a new camera!) (Ok, actually the laziness of not fully calculating the exposure change...)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
^^^ Hmmm... the smile says one thing, but the eyes say another...

What was so good about the pix you had of the other girl was the way her expression was totally convincing. She just seemed so very natural in front of the camera...

I wanted a photo of this scene, to show traces of three separate Roman camps, superimposed by a medieval village and field systems. In the middle of the day, without shadows, the earthworks just 'disappear'. This shot was about an hour after dawn, so the side-lighting gives a little 'modelling'. An aerial shot would tell the story better...

chewgreen1.jpg

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX

What was so good about the pix you had of the other girl was the way her expression was totally convincing. She just seemed so very natural in front of the camera...

I wanted a photo of this scene, to show traces of three separate Roman camps, superimposed by a medieval village and field systems. In the middle of the day, without shadows, the earthworks just 'disappear'. This shot was about an hour after dawn, so the side-lighting gives a little 'modelling'. An aerial shot would tell the story better...

chewgreen1.jpg

I have to agree, an ariel shot would not be better. I hate to nit-pick cause i love all your work, but the little blue tractor top is a bit distracting :p

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Random Biker I saw over on East 24th and Lexington.
3764986544_6ddd7183f1_b.jpg

Looking into getting a real camera soon have narrowed my choices down to 5D Mark II and Lumix GH1. Better images are COMING!

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia

I agree that the other girl (the blonde) was much more natural in front of the camera, but what can I do about that?

A little constructive critique: her eyes look a little over-processed to me.

I wish I could agree with you, but I can't. The thing is, I didn't do anything to them. The only editing I do is in iPhoto (not enough money for other software), and all I do in iPhoto is the occasional "Enhance" and add some temperature.

Thanks for the comments, I'll try to post a better one tomorrow!

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA

chewgreen1.jpg

This is great. I think you did a fine job while keeping both feet planted firmly on the ground. I'm an incurable history buff and really miss England. Do you have a link to more information on this location? You've really got me wondering which bits go to which camp/village.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
That's fine, just thought I'd offer my $0.02. It's up to you how much salt you put with it. What I said was meant as a critique, not a slight at all.

I'm sorry if I came across as a little harsh. I only meant to say that her eyes are just naturally very blue. Thank you for the critique!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.