Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
How did you light this? Looks great. In fact from now on, I must insist you share the details of your strobe work :)

Haha. OK, if you insist. The fig tree shot was relatively straightforward. I used only two Speedlites, one on a stand off to the left set to a wide beam and illuminating most of the left face of the old tower. The second light was down low and slightly to the right (just close enough to the camera to be outside the frame). It was set to a more narrow beam and was aimed at the fig leaves. I almost always gel the lights with 1/4 or 1/2 CTO when shooting at dusk; otherwise, the light they produce seems too cold and artificial. The power of the lights is something that really varies and that I can never remember; I usually fiddle with it quite a bit to get the right balance with the ambient light. I used Cybersyncs to trigger the lights.

And now for something completely different:

MojaveMojo.jpg

Strobist info:
One sun positioned slightly above the horizon. ;)

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Also posted this in the weekly contest thread. C&C welcome :)

I understand that you just want feedback on your photo, but you really should wait until the contest is over before posting your entry in PotD and asking for C&C. There is a "no comments" policy in the contest, so when you go asking for comments in another thread, it's sort of like trying to circumvent the contest rules.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Shot this on a photo walk I led yesterday

This picture is NOT a statement - it's just ironic... everyone has to count money, don't they? He's like a Tibetan Banker... no drive through though.

Attachments

• untitled (134 of 188).jpg
    untitled (134 of 188).jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 78

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Gull-wing Mercedes

Lovely old gull-wing Mercedes.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 63 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

Then tweaked with the "Midnight" Aperture preset from the Presetpond site.

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
∧∧
Thank you for posting this gem. You give NYC street life a timeless quality--Leica & sepia?. How long have you had the M9 and *why* haven't you posted here before?

Thanks for the kind words! I just picked up my M9 about 2 weeks ago. Was shooting a D90 prior to that. I'm loving rangefinder photography so far :)

I'll start posting here more, but I do wish we have more specific forums to separate landscape from street photography for example. That way we can get some real C&C going.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
I understand that you just want feedback on your photo, but you really should wait until the contest is over before posting your entry in PotD and asking for C&C. There is a "no comments" policy in the contest, so when you go asking for comments in another thread, it's sort of like trying to circumvent the contest rules.

I forgot about the rule. :eek:
Thanks...have removed the photograph...
here's another one for today:
4789741738_f5efc81c87_b.jpg

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
First time ever posting an image of mine to the public domain, here goes....

XSi, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/200 sec, ISO 400
magnoliawarbler.jpg

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
4829434826_0294b2545b_z.jpg

A few different types of turtles. Unfortunately, I don't remember their names. I've been clearing out my photo library, and I've deleted about 1,800 photos so far. These are the four I kept from this album and combines them into one photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.