Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

genshi

macrumors 6502a
June 1st Photographers' Rights Rally

Yesterday was the coming together of photographers throughout Los Angeles; to peacefully protest against the unnecessary treatment they have received from various law enforcement personnel while photographing in public places.

The organizer of the event (seen in the photo below that I took during an interview) made a flickr group to explain what motivated this rally. You can see additional photos I took from the event on my flickr set.

2543725822_0c716561cb.jpg

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Piggy.

Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter: 1/10
ISO: 800
(Barely any light)

Attachments

• Pig 4.jpg
    Pig 4.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 122

rost12

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
bhs.jpg

Long time lurker, decided to come out and play :) Main train station in Munich.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
unionstation.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR // Shutter: 20 sec. // Aperture: f/14 // Focal Length: 210 mm // ISO 200

... a scene from a Memorial Day concert at Union Station, Kansas City MO.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
So many great shots this time. Kirbdog, Roco, fett, Tommy, and Valdore!!

I think I'll stay out of this thread to keep it up!

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
GT Car

This year's GT Car Race will be held on 28/29 June at our F1 Circuit (Sepang).

japangt.jpg

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Part 2 of the mini chuckwagon poster.

When I first uploaded the original I said I would upload it again once the background horses and wagon had been added. While here it is, this is probably going to be the final image that is used on the poster. The concept I had was to take the viewer right into the race to see the action close up. I have cropped the top of of this one but the one that will be used has a lot more sky that will be used for text.

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
I thought that I would jump into this now since I have my new camera and getting back into shooting. Years ago I got fairly good with a 35mm SLR film type. I have a lot to learn about digital, and I am open to criticism! This forum, along with a few other things, drove me back into amateur photography.

This is one of my first shots on a test run with the new gear, shot in RAW and tweaked with Aperture. The river is at flood stage and I took lots of shots of it. This is a run-off what turns into a small creek before emptying into the river.

IMG_0033.jpg

Canon EOS Rebel XTi
Lens: EF-S18-55mm/f/3.5-5.6
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 18.0mm

thejedipunk

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
California
momotombofarm.jpg

Canon PowerShot SD450
1/400
f 5.6
5.80mm

The volcano in the foreground is the active Momotombo. This volcano is located between Managua and Leon in Lake Managua, Nicaragua. However, this shot was taken in the outskirts of Chinandega, about 80 miles north of the capital.

You can't really see it, but to the right of Momotombo is Momotombito, a smaller active volcano. The truly depressing part? Lake Managua is completely polluted due to past administrations deciding it was a good idea to divert all the sewage and trash from the capital into the lake. However, I did hear that there are plans being laid out, with aid from I believe it was the German government, to clean up this second largest lake in Nicaragua.

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
This is my interpretation of driving a Citroen 2CV...
dsc006wn4.jpg

If anyone has ever driven one they'll know what I mean! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.