Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Going over the wall at midnight...

BustingOut.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
LOVE this!! Wish I were the rider! I'd love to ride Whistler.

Please use the timg tag when quoting pics. If you dont know how to that DesignerDale wrote up a great tutorial I believe there is a link in the first post.

larger version (flickr)

larger version (flickr)

A few from strawberry picking yesterday...

Please one photo per day, thread rules.

was at world market the other day

n56c5c.jpg

Please one photo per day, thread rules.

Midsummer in Finland

This is simply amazing! Wish i could have seen it in real life, thank you for sharing.

:eek: She returns! Welcome back. :)

This photo is stunning! Did you setup any lighting, or was it just a flash?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I was trying to find a way of photographing this wonderful old fortified house in Northern Cumbria, built from stone that came from Hadrian's Wall. I couldn't get far enough away (and don't care much for extreme wide-angle for buildings), but then a guy came out of his house and said the best shot was from his attic. So I leaned out of his attic window, and managed to get this shot...

drumburgh1.jpg

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Are you our Mother ?

I unintentionally separated the ducklings from their ma... and they started to swarm to the female goose, swimming with her goslings... when mother duck called the babes and they "ran" to her side through the high reeds.

4740008402_f02d27be98_b.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Midsummer in Finland
Great backdrop to a fun day's activity... a sign of good luck! Rainbows are so elusive...

PydnaPoppy.jpg

Camera: Pentax K20D
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Filter: Hoya Super HMC CPL
Focal length: 38,1mm
Exposure: 1/750s
Aperture: f/4
ISO: 200

I really like the color splash with the poppy and the dry rocks and blue sky, but I think it would have been a little better with the poppy completely against the blue sky... but nice!

was at world market the other day

14jz42x.jpg
Even though you posted more than one, I really liked your shots quite a bit. The one of the girl captures her personality very well, and this detail shot of the toy biplane is very nicely exposed and lit. Sometimes it takes several shots to "tell the story" of a place and to convey the feeling of being there, so if you want to string together several shots in a photoessay form, feel free to make a new thread on that topic. In the meantime, keep posting here... :)

One gladiola (??) reaching for the stars. I like the lighting here, and the detail and delicate texture in the petals against the remaining light in the sky.
PS: Welcome back.

I was trying to find a way of photographing this wonderful old fortified house in Northern Cumbria, built from stone that came from Hadrian's Wall. I couldn't get far enough away (and don't care much for extreme wide-angle for buildings), but then a guy came out of his house and said the best shot was from his attic. So I leaned out of his attic window, and managed to get this shot...

drumburgh1.jpg

You've got some very nice people there in N. Cumbria... (well, when they're not shooting each other, of course...) ;) Only kidding, John! I love that you took the opportunity to get this vantage point, and it really does serve the building well to not have all the diverging angles of trying to shoot up at it from a close range. I can just imagine you leaning out of the attic window. I would have loved a shot of that!! :D

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
I did. Did I overdo it? It's one of the very few things I can do in Photoshop. :).

brathayhall.jpg

Very nice Doylem, your patience really pays off. I love the atmospheric mood and smooth tonal qualities, just outstanding.
I can spend time looking into this and daydream... :p

Great photo Joe King, very warm and inviting.

Midsummer in Finland

Amazing flosseR!

I like how the ambient lights add a mixture of colour to the scene which contrast nicely against the lit flower. Nice shot.
It's great to see you back, Phrasikleia!

dengar169

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Just came back from an amazing trip to Japan. This is the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto

Attachments

• _DSC01033.jpg
    _DSC01033.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 313

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Rainbow 2

This was shot after the storm had receeded and the blue sky came out. You can still see a little rainbow at the end. Overall I like this shot very much. Aside some small curves adjustment nothing was done to this shot.

storm_contrast.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
^ Very nice framing and use of light going on here. The flower has great definition and separation from the background. I like this one a lot. You shoot quite a bit with your 100mm macro, and this is with a 20mm. Is it a prime or (gasp) a zoom?

I like your new avatar. And welcome back. I kept the fire burning for you.

If the water was naturally warm (warm springs), then it might be a copperhead.
^ He's in Canada. The only venomous snake in the area is a small rattlesnake. We decided it's either a rat snake or milk snake of some sort.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.