Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
Just received a new lens today--a Zhongyi 50mm f/0.95 for my Sony. While it's not a Leica Noctilux, it's also significantly more affordable ;). Sharing this pic taken with it wide open. While I don't usually share gear info, I thought people might be interested in this case.

34606369823_9b10f713d0_c.jpg

Last edited:

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
How are you finding that planar..I am considering the 85mm version...torn between that and a super takumar 85, 1.8

It's a lovely lens. Nice and compact. Decent build quality. Buttery smooth focus and sharp and contrasty as you like. I'm very happy with it.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
_DSF1010_zpsqunir2kt.jpg

Raw image edited in 'Photos' and watermarked with 'Markup' extension.

Very impressed with the image quality output and speed in doing this. Makes me wonder why I do not just use Photos!?

By the way almost a 'macro' type image from the 10-24 lens; again a very pleasant surprise.

Regards. Sharkey.

ps:- detail from old pier in Golspie

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
More of a "snap" than a photo... my 2 youngest granddaughters sharing an iPad yesterday as we celebrated Father's Day. There's a lot wrong with this from a technical POV, but it was the best I could manage, and did not want to miss the moment.

View attachment 704868

Sometimes those are the best kinds of photos!

Also, can anyone tell me why, even though this thread is in my watched list, I get a bunch of new posts on this without notifications? Half the time I only see new posts on this because it comes up on the front page of new posts. :(

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
It's a lovely lens. Nice and compact. Decent build quality. Buttery smooth focus and sharp and contrasty as you like. I'm very happy with it.

Great to hear, heard nothing but positive comments about this lens

Reactions: MacRy

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sometimes those are the best kinds of photos!

Also, can anyone tell me why, even though this thread is in my watched list, I get a bunch of new posts on this without notifications? Half the time I only see new posts on this because it comes up on the front page of new posts. :(
Auto subscribe to all threads you post in is the easiest way to keep track.

You only receive one notification until you read that thread, even if there are multiple posts.

Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
It's not just this thread, either, it's like if I see the notification, but don't click on the link right away (for any thread I've commented on), then the notifications stop. You have to read each time, but sometimes I can't at that precise moment, then I am never again reminded to check in!

Anyway, here is today's photo. :) We visited Ft. Fisher in NC a few years ago. I was really working on framing in my images at that particular time. I had just a moment to shoot this, and my son was actually not quite in the right place, so I moved him over in PS. ;) This is one of those images that I saw in my head before I shot the image, then had to edit to make it match the vision.

FB_August_24_2015_001.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Am sure this doesn't show her at her best, although nice background.

You guys are up late, although Hugh doesn't have to get up early any longer.

John
She never lets me take photos of her, so its from behind or not at all I'm afraid.

Up late because it's too hot to sleep and I'm watching RAW talk whilst editing and browsing MR.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Am sure this doesn't show her at her best, although nice background.

You guys are up late, although Hugh doesn't have to get up early any longer.

John
Not so late, just before 23.00 here. The team that I was part of are on nights at the moment; lucky escape for me there ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh (just off to bed now)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.