Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I better take some more photos over the weekend. I’m running out :eek:
View attachment 766234
Wow your tripod is tall! ;)
[doublepost=1529039134][/doublepost]
I took this in the morning when he was at work (he later came home early). And I offered to make him chicken soup but he declined. That’s when I knew he was really sick!!
Well buy him a nice bunch of flowers. Then you can photograph them.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
Sunset framed through a tree

P6021374-XL.jpg

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Wow your tripod is tall! ;)
[doublepost=1529039134][/doublepost]
Well buy him a nice bunch of flowers. Then you can photograph them.

Well this morning he’s back to making inappropriate jokes and comments so I think he’s feeling a little better. :eek:

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Another one from the koi farm ...

koi2a1024a.jpg

This one gave me a bit of grief , The ponds at the farm have a strong water flow , which creates loads of bubbles on the surface , added to the leaves , bugs and whatever other airborne schmutz ends up on the surface . Took me some time to clean up all that junk from the black areas . Don't know if I'm happy with the results .

5D2 , 24-105@80 , f6.7@1/90 , ISO 400

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well this morning he’s back to making inappropriate jokes and comments so I think he’s feeling a little better. :eek:
Wait? You're married to @kenoh?
[doublepost=1529082216][/doublepost]

Up The Creek
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Cheers :)

Hugh
Love the composition. The sky looks a little to processed though. I'd pull it back a tad.
[doublepost=1529082248][/doublepost]
Sunset framed through a tree

P6021374-XL.jpg
Beautiful.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I guess that's why we should get up early! But we both know it's easier to sleep in!
[doublepost=1529094082][/doublepost]
Superb.
For a retired person I've been doing pretty well, usually up about 07.30 - much better than 04.50 which is what it was for an early shift :eek:

Cheers :)

Hugh

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Haven't had a camera in my hands for my own explorations since last weekend and I'm having withdrawals! However, I had three Mindful Photography group sessions this week, two at a local beach, where everybody got to play with tripods and 10stoppers around some great rock formations, high winds and heaps of salt foam and spray. The other group was a twilight session, where they got to play with the sunset at a local lookout and then we headed to an old church for some afterdark fun, playing with LED string-lights in a glass canister, some tea light candles and a bit of light painting too!

Here's a handheld long-exposure capture taken on my 8+ yesterday, as a hint of the sort of thing I had the groups playing with. Cause they were all working on tripods, they achieved much better results than me, but I like the surreal and dreamy aspect of this one.

Next week there are another two twilight / night sessions, at a local beach where there's some cool architecture and lighting to add into the mix as it slips into sunset and beyond. Fingers crossed there's some colour to the sunset, last weeks was a fizzer.

IMG_2327.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Haven't had a camera in my hands for my own explorations since last weekend and I'm having withdrawals! However, I had three Mindful Photography group sessions this week, two at a local beach, where everybody got to play with tripods and 10stoppers around some great rock formations, high winds and heaps of salt foam and spray. The other group was a twilight session, where they got to play with the sunset at a local lookout and then we headed to an old church for some afterdark fun, playing with LED string-lights in a glass canister, some tea light candles and a bit of light painting too!

Here's a handheld long-exposure capture taken on my 8+ yesterday, as a hint of the sort of thing I had the groups playing with. Cause they were all working on tripods, they achieved much better results than me, but I like the surreal and dreamy aspect of this one.

Next week there are another two twilight / night sessions, at a local beach where there's some cool architecture and lighting to add into the mix as it slips into sunset and beyond. Fingers crossed there's some colour to the sunset, last weeks was a fizzer.

View attachment 766365
Well here's an iPhone snap from my lunchtime walk at work today then.
IMG_3875.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.