Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Just inside the entry to the Japanese gardens are these plants with tiny pom-pom like growth to them.

Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Spot Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 640, 35mm, f/4, 1/250

42619914022_7ec13df33f_o.jpg

inkmich

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2016
Maryland
Thanks everyone! 10 years latter I still remember the magical light that day, it was stunning. I ran all over the mountainside looking for the right composition, while my family complained about being bored, saying "can we go now dad?" over and over.

Great view, and nicely captured. I love the colours :)

I guess the best way to ensure I don't repost the same image is to keep making new photos. On that note, here's one from yesterday:
View attachment 765557
Panasonic G9 and 100-300ii

So many great shots these last few days! I absolutely love the coloring (colouring :)) of the picture with the leaf. Beautiful!
[doublepost=1528669660][/doublepost]
A nice spot of lunch at an old pub in Faversham today...

The Phoenix Tavern
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Panasonic DMC-G6, 12-35mm @ f/5.6

Cheers :)

Hugh

This shot reminds me of when the Mrs. and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary a number of years ago with a trip to London with a couple of side trips. I know it's trite but one of the things that struck me was how very 'English' things were and this picture reminds me of that. Yes, I know, it's silly, but that English countryside really looks like the English countryside from all of the TV and movies I've seen over the years.
[doublepost=1528669759][/doublepost]
Another zoo pic from last weekend.

27851700037_e91a03fc1b_h.jpg

Classic! Seeing one of these birds fly in the wilds of Alaska was truly one of my most memorable nature moments.
[doublepost=1528670197][/doublepost]I guess I should post a picture of my own. I've been very busy lately so I haven't taken many pictures. Then again, I'm not going to complain about all of the activities associated with our youngest child graduating from high school and heading off to college in another month or so (Yes! Empty nest!). I should have more time (and much less money) soon enough.

On my way to pick up my daughter from one event or another the skies were quite threatening and interesting. Before the rain started I stuck my iPhone out of the window of the minivan and took a few pictures. Another cloud picture.

Stormy Skies by Lance Randall, on Flickr

Last edited:

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
A detail of a lion/temple dog on a pillar at the Japanese gardens. Unfortunately, when we were there the place was filled with high school kids in their bright blue and yellow uniform, making any landscape captures impossible, so it had to be about the details, and maybe including a bit of the background if you managed a split second that they weren't visible.

Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Spot Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 320, 29mm, f/4, 1/320

42668604091_41696e2186_o.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
This shot reminds me of when the Mrs. and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary a number of years ago with a trip to London with a couple of side trips. I know it's trite but one of the things that struck me was how very 'English' things were and this picture reminds me of that. Yes, I know, it's silly, but that English countryside really looks like the English countryside from all of the TV and movies I've seen over the years.
Yes, Faversham itself is a very old and very English town, and most of the shops and pubs are ancient buildings.
Luckily we only live about 30 miles away by motorway (freeway) roads and it's always a pleasure to go there.
Well worth a visit if you ever come back over here, with the added bonus of being able to meet up :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: inkmich

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Manhattan from Brooklyn, New York City

D85_7068-Edit-XL.jpg

Very nice!

So many great shots these last few days! I absolutely love the coloring (colouring :)) of the picture with the leaf. Beautiful!

Thanks. And nice to see you acknowledging the correct spelling of colouring ;)

Here’s a drone shot from Saturday afternoon...
301C9A00-E9BE-4645-AF81-6A91D6CE6C8F.jpeg

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Thanks very much guys.

I drove down to NYC with a photography buddy to photograph Manhattanhenge the week before last. It was crazy with way, way too many people. I really don't like crowds so we spent just one night then packed it in and headed for home, without shots of Manhattanhenge. :(

~ Peter
I was going to head over on the second night , but thought twice and stayed home . Maybe in July .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.