Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
D85_7170-Edit-XL.jpg

Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn. An iconic view from an area known as DUMBO - down under Manhattan Bridge overpass.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Same church as before, processed in Silver Efex.

BW St Mary of Charity
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Cheers :)

Hugh
Lovely but I would maybe go at it with a local adjustment brush to lift some of the details and highlights. To give it more impact.
[doublepost=1528806990][/doublepost]
D85_7170-Edit-XL.jpg

Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn. An iconic view from an area known as DUMBO - down under Manhattan Bridge overpass.

Gorgeous down there but it was really busy when I went. You get a really funky play on perspective in this location dont you?

Reactions: Hughmac

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
I like the image construction but not so keen on the soft effect around the deer.

That was actually in camera with a lensbaby, but I had trouble finding the sweet spot while shooting over a fence that was just a smidge to tall for me. :) I actually really hate the deer around here because they eat too many of my plants, and normally we are shooting at them with a slingshot and not a camera.

Reactions: akash.nu and kenoh

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
That was actually in camera with a lensbaby, but I had trouble finding the sweet spot while shooting over a fence that was just a smidge to tall for me. :) I actually really hate the deer around here because they eat too many of my plants, and normally we are shooting at them with a slingshot and not a camera.

Lol. Deer here are lovely animals that we drive to go see, not pests. Amazing the differences sometimes arent they.

Hmm, was just my personal opinion and nothing to take seriously of course, but not loving the lensbaby effect. Guess that scratches that off the GAS list for me. ;)

Reactions: akash.nu and mollyc

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Gorgeous down there but it was really busy when I went. You get a really funky play on perspective in this location dont you?
We got to this spot about 1:30 in the afternoon and it was flippin' crazy with so many people doing the selfie thing. On top of that, there was a movie shoot going-on the next street over and all cars were being diverted up this street. It was frustrating so we went back the next morning and got our shots at about 6:30am when the selfie types were still in bed and the film crew was gone.

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Lol. Deer here are lovely animals that we drive to go see, not pests. Amazing the differences sometimes arent they.

Hmm, was just my personal opinion and nothing to take seriously of course, but not loving the lensbaby effect. Guess that scratches that off the GAS list for me. ;)

Don't worry, I don't mind your opinion. :) If you saw the actual yard this deer was in, you'd understand the need to blur. Besides, aren't you the one who has the LensBaby adapter?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
View attachment 765896
5D2 , 24-105@ 105 , f8@1/1000 , ISO 400
Nice job.
[doublepost=1528823779][/doublepost]
A Brown Anole lizard on a stump.

P5121076-XL.jpg
He's well camouflaged. Must have been a difficult spot.
[doublepost=1528823903][/doublepost]
D85_7170-Edit-XL.jpg

Typical isn't it? You go somewhere like this and they have put scaffolding up!
[doublepost=1528824009][/doublepost]
Like the detail in your shot!
Here is one I took last week at Bombay Hook:
Bald Eagle by Martin Fuchs, on Flickr
He would scare the sparrows in my garden!
[doublepost=1528824133][/doublepost]
Where's the downvote button? You can't be mean to deer! They are lovely gentle creatures. I wish I had them in my garden.
[doublepost=1528824196][/doublepost]
Don't worry, I don't mind your opinion. :) If you saw the actual yard this deer was in, you'd understand the need to blur. Besides, aren't you the one who has the LensBaby adapter?
Ken's got all the gear!

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Where's the downvote button? You can't be mean to deer! They are lovely gentle creatures. I wish I had them in my garden.

The only thing deer are good for are denuding expensive plants. And venison, I suppose, if you are into that, but I've never had it. Deer belong in the woods, not the garden.

We only use a slingshot because it's illegal to discharge a firearm in our town, although my husband has been known to use a BB gun. But that was before we got the slingshot. Plus, deer are really stupid animals.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The only thing deer are good for are denuding expensive plants. And venison, I suppose, if you are into that, but I've never had it. Deer belong in the woods, not the garden.

We only use a slingshot because it's illegal to discharge a firearm in our town, although my husband has been known to use a BB gun. But that was before we got the slingshot. Plus, deer are really stupid animals.
Mrs AFB is not going to like that!

Deer in the woods sounds photo worthy.
Our garden wouldn't keep them interested for long.

Reactions: kenoh

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa

We lived for about 10 years in a pretty rural, forested area . The place was infested with deer . Hoofed Rats IMHO . Good luck keeping Hostas , or pretty much anything else that looks remotely edible to an ungulate . Damn things even wiped out my rose bushes , ate 'em right down to the ground , below the graft line . We had a neighbor who was a bow hunter who would nail them with his crossbow from his deck . Always took care of us with a few pounds of BambiBurger . Kids looked forward to the 'special hamburgers' . Never told them what it was.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
We lived for about 10 years in a pretty rural, forested area . The place was infested with deer . Hoofed Rats IMHO . Good luck keeping Hostas , or pretty much anything else that looks remotely edible to an ungulate . Damn things even wiped out my rose bushes , ate 'em right down to the ground , below the graft line . We had a neighbor who was a bow hunter who would nail them with his crossbow from his deck . Always took care of us with a few pounds of BambiBurger . Kids looked forward to the 'special hamburgers' . Never told them what it was.

Here in Montana, deer and elk meat fill many a large garage freezer for the family meat rations for a year. Its' a traditon handed down from family to family (both boys AND girls) and an economica and healthy source of low fat protein.
[doublepost=1528849887][/doublepost]
D85_7170-Edit-XL.jpg

Being a Brookly boy and born not far from the Flatbush section of Brooklyn, the views of both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges always brings back fond childhood memories. Thank you, Peter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.