Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
brightlights.jpg

Shutter: 20 sec. // Aperture: f/16 // Focal Length: 400 mm // ISO 100

Valdore -- I love that shot. It just begs the question "where is that?" A lot of mystery in the shot. Almost an element of voyeurism -- hiding behind the sign, looking at what's going on "over there" The interplay of the silhouettes with the colorful lighting. I find the highlights on the bolts just a little distracting, and it would be great to remove them, but I like being able to see the electrical junction box on the left. Great, interesting shot.

Took the family to a pancake breakfast this weekend at the local organic farm. They had a great dixieland jazz band playing, and this old feller could really blow. I ate my breakfast quickly, then got out my new G9 to try it out. Got one snap, realized the mic was in the way, then they broke the set, and never came back while we were there. :-(

I like this photo mostly, but I can't figure out: is it a good subject, or is it a mundane subject made to look like a missed great shot because of the microphone stand. :p
IMG_0122%204.jpg

1/100 f4.8 ISO400 Canon G9

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007

I like that shot a lot. Very urban, but there's something wonderful about that old dog. So anti-cliche from the typical put-bull, rottweiler (sp?) type you see here in the states.

Just a (skinny) guy and his buddy out in the cold morning.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
brickery.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/30 // Aperture: f/16 // Focal Length: 260 mm // ISO 100

Valdore -- I love that shot. It just begs the question "where is that?" A lot of mystery in the shot. Almost an element of voyeurism -- hiding behind the sign, looking at what's going on "over there" The interplay of the silhouettes with the colorful lighting. I find the highlights on the bolts just a little distracting, and it would be great to remove them, but I like being able to see the electrical junction box on the left. Great, interesting shot.

Took the family to a pancake breakfast this weekend at the local organic farm. They had a great dixieland jazz band playing, and this old feller could really blow. I ate my breakfast quickly, then got out my new G9 to try it out. Got one snap, realized the mic was in the way, then they broke the set, and never came back while we were there. :-(

I like this photo mostly, but I can't figure out: is it a good subject, or is it a mundane subject made to look like a missed great shot because of the microphone stand. :p

1/100 f4.8 ISO400 Canon G9

Thanks for the comment bking. I had noticed those little bolts too, and thought about removing them, but decided against it for whatever reason.

I like your shot of the performer; I always think it's fun to get shots of musicians performing their craft.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Oh Canada!!

maybe not a very technically good picture, but i like it, i had to run in the middle of the road, in the middle of the storm with a tripod.....vvvvvverrry cold...:).. sorry for the water drops in the lens.

2324617926_130e4724dc_b.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Cloud Face
2323855897_acf528cdef_b.jpg

Oblomow Thanks, let us know when your next in Scotland and I'll sort out a pint for you at the Ferry Inn.

doylem Lovely shots of the fells, up here the weather has been rotten over the weekend :(

m@lew Fantastic shot of the girl.

Nando2323 Great shot of the guy with the dog.

thinkband awesome, great picture and great background story.

I stopped while driving and snapped this yesterday, it was such a weird looking cloud formation, my wife reckons you can see one of the old Muppet dudes in it. (Waldorf and Statler) Its very grainy, but the colours are all natural.

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
Dutch F-16 strutting its stuff at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in the summer.

Attachments

• DSC04359w.jpg
    DSC04359w.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 100

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
For ignorant peasants such as myself, please could someone post a concise step-by-step on how to use tags, cos I'd like to have a nice purty pic in my post instead of a thumbnail! :D

Thanks

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
"Ocean Watcher" (because the rock looks like the profile of a persons face)

2311462429_ed88c7b637_o.jpg

Beautiful colours. Stunning work as usual, Carlos.

Beautiful! Both of them. Great light and a great view. I want to walk there!!

Many thanks oblomow. I appreciate your kind feedback.

Wow! The quality of photos in this thread just seems to keep getting better and better. Great photos, everyone.

2323891191_53e33939fc_b.jpg

Nikon D80
20mm f/2.8 Nikkor

I agree that there are some stunning images here and yours is no different. The light positioning really makes this photo and gives it a very atmospheric feel.

David

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
For ignorant peasants such as myself, please could someone post a concise step-by-step on how to use tags, cos I'd like to have a nice purty pic in my post instead of a thumbnail! :D

Thanks[/QUOTE]

#1 Scale the image so it is not to large, i use: 900px X 650px.
#2 Upload your picture to a web server(somewhere else than Macrumors).
#3 Find the URL to view the image only(if its located in an other web page just right-click the image and select "view image" and copy URL from the address bar in the browser)
#4 Chose "reply" to the thread you want to wright in.
#5 Press [IMG]http://www.lightglance.com/shared/jostein/image_button.png in the text editor.
#6 Past the URL where the image is located in the box that shows up.
#7 Post your reply.

cutsman

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
After The Storm

Taken this weekend at Algonquin Park in Ontario, Canada.

10mm, 1/400sec @ f11, iso 200

p274551866-4.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.