Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
20080309030333_2007-05-11%20at%2018-47-25.jpg

One handheld RAW // Shutter: 1/1250 // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: EXIF say 300mm, but i have never owned or used a 300mm lens. So its somewhere between 18-55(Canon kit lens) // ISO 100 // Camera: 400D // (Sorry for copying your info setup Valdore.)
Branch growing from a metal fence? What's not to love?

Anyways, for those who dont like my signature, then your really gonna hate this one:

"More Than A Little"

2309982008_2538647291_o.jpg
No, no… I don't actually mind the signature in this one. It's added in well here, almost seems like it's written in the stone, so it blends into the photo. When it's just plonked in there with no thought (the white signature against the pier) is when it becomes obvious and a bit distracting. If you can find ways to make it appear to be a part of the photo, I don't think anyone would mind! Say if I were to photograph a city street with lots of lights and wanted my signature in there, I'd turn it into one of the neon lights. Just an example…

We've all seen a water droplet photo at one time in our lives, but this looks like a sphere sitting on water, it's unreal.

Excellent picture, I love all the intensity of it. :)

In general, I think we really should stick to one photo per day. However, "infractions" thus far are not egregious. If members need to post "just one more thing" in a given day, so be it. The potential danger comes more from those members who then regularly post two, and then three photos per day. Then it turns into Flickr, and those folks should more properly just link to a photo site. (Also, posting 2 photos at once or 2 photos per day is the same "infraction" to some people.)

If a member posted lots of crappy photos each day (or multiple crappies, just once per day) - we would all be annoyed; hence, the guidelines.

Let's just try our best to stick with 1 photo per calendar day. Happy shooting!
:)
Not really my place to butt in here, but I think we can all agree that certain rules should not be enforced strictly, and exist simply to use against people who take advantage (as you said.) At the end of the day, the 'one photo a day' rule was implemented so we all enjoy the thread, and if we're all enjoying 3 photos from valdore a day, there's no real reason to enforce it there. I think it's something that should just be pointed out to those who really are abusing the thread. Like you said, we should all do our best to adhere to it, but it's not something to complain over simply because 'a rule is a rule'!

Just my 2 cents. :)

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"A Moment For You"

This is my first flower shot. I took this shot for my girlfriend who absolutely adores hibiscus flowers and I'm planning on getting her a poster size print of this for her birthday.

"A Moment For You"
2316184688_e4083f8090_o.jpg

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
Rainy Day in New England

A crop of a frame taken out in the rain today. Canon 5D, ISO 200, 85mm at f1.8. Click for larger version.

Attachments

• _MG_0161.jpg
    _MG_0161.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 99

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Thanks Steamie, Everythingisnt, juanster, and EssentialParado! I really appreciate it.

Valdore, it appears as if your blog is down, thus your photo isn't showing up on page 12.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Deception Pass, Puget Sound, WA

A typical overcast day in the Pacific northwest. This is just north of Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island, on the way north to Anacortes.

puget%20sound%20pass.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 28-105
Fuji Super G 400

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Ferry Inn (Renfrew Scotland)
2300942622_6395776a84_b.jpg

Thanks Northy124 : )

Doylem The shot of the barge's is wonderful.

everythingisnt I love the shot of Mont Saint-Michele .

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Hi Oblomow
I actually didn't make it red, that was a natural effect of the lighting this was actually a 3 exposure raw in Photomatix it came out like that and I quite liked it. I have a non red version as well that I desaturated from another shot of it from a single raw.
2300936544_6582e69c5c_m.jpg

Most of the night shots i've taken in Glasgow have came out with a strong orange/Red hue to them, a byproduct of the street lighting and pollution ;)
I think photomatix just intensified it.
Nice work on the colour change thanks Oblomow.

p.s I hope this doesn't now break the 1 image a day rule .

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Hi Oblomow
I actually didn't make it red, that was a natural effect of the lighting this was actually a 3 exposure raw in Photomatix it came out like that and I quite liked it. I have a non red version as well that I desaturated from another shot of it from a single raw.

Most of the night shots i've taken in Glasgow have came out with a strong orange/Red hue to them, a byproduct of the street lighting and pollution ;)
I think photomatix just intensified it.

p.s I hope this doesn't now break the 1 image a day rule .

Yes, you have to buy all of us a pint at the Ferry Inn.

I like your other, non red, version better than the red. Can't think a reason
why it turned out so red during your pp. Anyway, have a nice sunday.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
On my night shots i usually get more of an "old color" kind of like sephia.. i like it, but most people don't, i really really like this one let me knwo what you guys think (i ve posted this picture in this forum a couple of times b4 hope not in this thread tho, I am very proud of this picture, dont really knwo why but will not get offended if it is critiqued I'd like that) the pic is completely unmodified, tahts how it came out of the oven .. i mean camera..

2292629903_8d14510655_b.jpg

RAW, Canon Rebel Xt kit lens, not sure of teh rest of the info will get it up when I'm in my own comp.
nando2323, that squirrel picture always makes me laugh, I have a friend that's been chased and attacked by a squirrel and for some reason everytime i see your picture i think of that time, "whachu lookin' at foo?!?" lol love it:p

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
hey otter that's an awesome shot, but for some reason i keep having this urge to reach in the picture and move those two trees on the left out of the way...:eek:

mitchcook

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
M%20Lost%20In%20Tought.JPG

Taken in Kemnay Manitoba Canada. Canon Digital Rebel XT
ISO 400
Aperture f/14
Focal Length 18 mm
Shutter Speed 1/500 sec.
Full Version: Here.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I wish i could shoot and create beautiful pictures like you guys, Just starting out will get a Pic of the Sunset if it's good and post later

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
mitchcook , i think the picture is wayyyyyyyyy too big,, i can even see what it is of, you may want to reduce it to a smaller file to post, aside from the people with 70" (ok maybe 30 lol)monitors and up, they won t be able to see what's going on ;)

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
M%20Lost%20In%20Tought.JPG

Taken in Kemnay Manitoba Canada. Canon Digital Rebel XT
ISO 400
Aperture f/14
Focal Length 18 mm
Shutter Speed 1/500 sec.
Full Version: Here.

I really like the composition, I'd maybe crop out the pole in the back ground. And maybe... try it with a little fill flash. Otherwise nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.