Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Viaduct
2318053379_5e2c83f31a_b.jpg

Doylem I would have loved to have more time to explore and take photo's of the castle as well but I could only stop for 5 mins as I was heading somewhere at the rime. I plan on going back soon though : )

Freebooter I love the one night only shot !

Solracselbor The tap picture is great, I don't mind the blue drop at all.

Fett I like your Blue drop .

Pdxflint Nice shot, sentiments are usually more powerful than technique.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Blois France

2318900122_b3fa459ae6_o.jpg

I was in Blois at about the same time that I took my other picture!
Quite a beautiful place... If I remember correctly, I think that I actually sat on the benches in your picture (They are near the castle which sits above most of the town, oui?) I also recognize the little round thing that sticks out from the wall overlooking the street...

Anyways, I think I'll change my photo in honor of that.. ;)
This is the same church that's in your photo!

What a lovely shot (pity the tower is a bit cut off at the top). Do you remember where this was taken?

Somewhere in the Loire valley, France, I think...

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
I was in Blois at about the same time that I took my other picture!
Quite a beautiful place... If I remember correctly, I think that I actually sat on the benches in your picture (They are near the castle which sits above most of the town, oui?) I also recognize the little round thing that sticks out from the wall overlooking the street...

Anyways, I think I'll change my photo in honor of that.. ;)
This is the same church that's in your photo!

Yep, same place! I've got another photo taken from that little round thing that sticks out from the wall, also. It's really become a small world. I was browsing Flickr one day and happened upon a photo of a tree next to a river in Laos. I recognized the tree immediately cuz I have a bunch of photos I took of some kids playing on a rope swing on the same tree. Also a bit ironically, it's near Luang Prabang, the same place Freebooter has posted pics of recently. BTW, Freebooter, I've meant to say I enjoyed that series as it brought back memories of the time I spent there. Of all the places I went on a recent 8 month trip around the world, Luang Prabang, Laos was probably one of my favorite. Eventually I'll get around to posting some of my photos from there.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Posting Guidelines

In general, I think we really should stick to one photo per day. However, "infractions" thus far are not egregious. If members need to post "just one more thing" in a given day, so be it. The potential danger comes more from those members who then regularly post two, and then three photos per day. Then it turns into Flickr, and those folks should more properly just link to a photo site. (Also, posting 2 photos at once or 2 photos per day is the same "infraction" to some people.)

If a member posted lots of crappy photos each day (or multiple crappies, just once per day) - we would all be annoyed; hence, the guidelines.

Let's just try our best to stick with 1 photo per calendar day. Happy shooting!
:)

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
any chance to see this without the blue? a bit corny, perhaps I think.

Corny!!!! I'm APPALLED! No, j/k :D
The drop, in fact, is not blue, because everyone knows that water is transparent; it has no color. The blue you see is the reflection through the drop to the ocean in the back. The message I was trying to convey, which most people probably wont see, is that even the smallest things can come from the most necessary sources. Basically, we take the small things for granted and never look at the big picture. In this case, the drop of water comes from a greater source of water, and without this greater source there would be no life. Therefore, we never realize that the drop is only a "little" portion of the greater whole; "More than a little"

I thought it was cute :) Its an out of the box idea and adds a little more to the picture in my opinion.

Solracselbor The tap picture is great, I don't mind the blue drop at all.

Thank you!

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
In general, I think we really should stick to one photo per day. However, "infractions" thus far are not egregious. If members need to post "just one more thing" in a given day, so be it. The potential danger comes more from those members who then regularly post two, and then three photos per day. Then it turns into Flickr, and those folks should more properly just link to a photo site. (Also, posting 2 photos at once or 2 photos per day is the same "infraction" to some people.)

If a member posted lots of crappy photos each day (or multiple crappies, just once per day) - we would all be annoyed; hence, the guidelines.

Let's just try our best to stick with 1 photo per calendar day. Happy shooting!
:)
Good call, good call.

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Picture of a female lion yawning. Nothing special, but I thought it was pretty cool. Taken three days ago.

Nice. I like the shadows from the trees. I'd probably crop it a little closer to remove the out of focus lion at the bottom.

Yawning seems to be a popular past time amongst lionesses...

p496555980-4.jpg

Taken on slide film in South Africa and scanned, hence the odd colors. It's not cropped, I was that close and couldn't zoom out any further! (38-110 mm zoom)

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Blois France

2318900122_b3fa459ae6_o.jpg
Otter, your shots are amazing. I love the mood in this one, great job.

45 degrees + 45 degrees:

Nikon D40, Sigma 30mm

This photos tripping me out. I get a headache just looking at. Great detail in the photo, but the general content is not doing it for me.

You should change your name to Frodo, because this looks like a scene straight out of the lord of the rings. Great composition and glad to see some blue in the sky! Hope your enjoying the weather.

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
20080309030333_2007-05-11%20at%2018-47-25.jpg

One handheld RAW // Shutter: 1/1250 // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: EXIF say 300mm, but i have never owned or used a 300mm lens. So its somewhere between 18-55(Canon kit lens) // ISO 100 // Camera: 400D // (Sorry for copying your info setup Valdore.)

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
20080309030333_2007-05-11%20at%2018-47-25.jpg

One handheld RAW // Shutter: 1/1250 // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: EXIF say 300mm, but i have never owned or used a 300mm lens. So its somewhere between 18-55(Canon kit lens) // ISO 100 // Camera: 400D // (Sorry for copying your info setup Valdore.)

Nice shot :)

I'm a big fan of focus-pull type shots.

Another one from 3 years ago in france:

Mont Saint-Michele (original, I know..)

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
amazing shot Martin, can't wait to be able to shoot something like that, im a noob so we'll see how long that takes, and Valdore, amazing composition like always, love your pics please keep them coming, I learn a lot from them :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.