Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickersty

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2006
Cape Cod at Sunset

Hi guys. New to this area of MacRumors. This is off the Providencetown area of Cape Cod, MA. I Don't have my camera settings with me atm but I can tell you this much:

Nikon D40
55-200mm @ 200mm

03022008_capecod300.jpg

Jeff

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"Light Through The Tunnel"

2307933041_1c9ba37ea1_o.jpg

Sorry for the huge signature. But that is my "watermark" ive had a few images "stolen" as of late, so Im oversizing my sigs now. Sorry.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Dang Carlos, Straighten it out a bit, remove the big signature and you've got a wall hanger! Very nice!!

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Ha! Nikon D40??
Yes!

I dig it quite a bit
Thanks. People seem to enjoy viewing the risk I took in making that photo.

Hi guys. New to this area of MacRumors. This is off the Providencetown area of Cape Cod, MA. I Don't have my camera settings with me atm but I can tell you this much:

Nikon D40
55-200mm @ 200mm

03022008_capecod300.jpg

Jeff
Awesome, Jeff!

Amazing pic!

But I have to agree with the other poster, that sig is a bit oversized.

I don't quite understand the compulsion for the photographer to put their signature onto their photographs in such a distracting fashion. In the old days the artist would hide his signature on the back of the painting or a tiny version in the corner, nowadays you see giant watermarks. It's DRM for photography :(

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Amazing pic!

But I have to agree with the other poster, that sig is a bit oversized.

I don't quite understand the compulsion for the photographer to put their signature onto their photographs in such a distracting fashion. In the old days the artist would hide his signature on the back of the painting or a tiny version in the corner, nowadays you see giant watermarks. It's DRM for photography :(

I completely agree, I dont have my sig on any of my prints because it is completely distracting and takes away from the image. But when posting online it's kinda necessary and a true watermark, i think, is even more unpleasing to view.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Thanks! Actually, the hoizon is straight and the signature is my "watermark"

Ah true! The beach makes it look crooked and the first piece of wood under the pier seems to follow the beach, (or water thats crooked on the beach) any way, still a very cool shot, neat colors, and one I could stare at all day.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Dunnottar Castle
Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 40 mm
ISO Speed: 100

2313176501_d656fe9e3a_b.jpg

Thanks TommyD

SolracSelbor Awesome shot !
wickersty the colour in your sunset is fantastic

Nice stuff as well form timtam m@lew and otter

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

A picture to savour...

What an amazing location; these Scottish castles certainly weren't built for show!

It's the sort of place you could return to again and again, in different light, different weather.

In this shot there's a rather strange contrast between the brooding ruins, the rugged cliffs, the isolation... and that cheerful sky of cornflower blue. Two very different moods... that seem to contradict each other.

Also, the feature I'd like to see lit is the facade of the main castle keep... even if that left a lot else in shadow.

All I'm really saying, I suppose, is that this is a wonderful location. I could happily explore it... with or without my camera. Evening light... stormy sky, etc... :)

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland

Sorry for the huge signature. But that is my "watermark" ive had a few images "stolen" as of late, so Im oversizing my sigs now. Sorry.

The signature would be easily removed by anyone even with limited Photoshop experience. I too think the signature looks completely out of place. If you are afraid of someone stealing your image, just post it at a lower res.

davinche

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Carlos beautiful photo...
Great photos everyone else

Another one of my shots in my effort to improve...
Canon Rebel XT
f/8
1/200
ISO100
50mm

For some reason the colors get washed out when I export to jpg from Aperture.

Attachments

• IMG_4039.CR2.jpg
    IMG_4039.CR2.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 74

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
thisone.jpg

Tripod at 50mm
F8 at 1/125s

I know it is nothing special really. I just got my new camera today and I went outside for some test shots. This is a crop from the original picture. My gear is listed in my sig. How can I get a sharper picture? I am shooting manual. Lower ISO?

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Could we please stop complaining about Carlos watermark? It is his choice if wants to add this to his images as an extra 'step' against theft.

He has already made his feelings clear about this. Judge the photo on its own merits, and ignore the signature.

For what its worth, I think it is a stunning image Carlos.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
A streetscape...

powerandlightstreetscape.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1.3 sec. // Aperture: f/18.2 // Focal Length: 100 mm // ISO 100

hmmm... I don't know if this is a very meaningful photograph. The people in the background are distracting.
This is not one of your best.

Well, different photographs have different meanings for different people. To me this photograph means that people actually are coming to downtown Kansas City (Missouri) again, after decades of the city eviscerating itself into oblivion.

This one you have to tell us more about Valdore, what/where is this?^

This photo was taken at the same event mentioned above about the other photo I posted - it was a fireworks and laser show with an outdoor concert at a huge new development in downtown KC.

@ Carlos - Your watermark is fine, and I do not find it distracting. Keep doing what you're doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.