Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
web.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I know it's a little dark, but it was cold and windy and rainy and cloudy and I like it dark!:p
Kind of matched her mood that morning at the pier.

jL2953.jpg

L1 + ZD 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5
1/400 sec. @ f/5.6, ISO 500

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Trinidad, Cuba

Attachments

• DSC_0336.jpg
    DSC_0336.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 620

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
But don't let that stop you from trying... ;)

Well, it really tells a story. Not only in the way that the path meanders along, bordered by the beautiful stone wall, but how the light plays off of everything and gives the scene such an amazing - almost magical - luminance.

Then there is the color. Wow. The moss and the red leaves jump out at you, really breathing life into the scene. My only quibble is that the leaves have a bit too much blue peeping out (where the shadows lie), but that is almost negligible.

I think what really makes it outstanding is how all of the pieces come together: the brilliant composure, the amazing feeling of depth and color and the subtle play of light and shadows...

You know, the moss really reminds me of the Great Bear Rainforest, where I spend alot of my time during the summer. It's on the northwest coast of British Columbia, and really shares the same sort of magical atmosphere you depicted in that photo.

BTW I will post some photos soon, as I recently acquired an old film SLR and have been experimenting with different types of film (And am REALLY liking the results :)).
As soon as I can find somewhere where I can scan some prints, I will post 'em :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.