Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Robin
Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400

2313700608_1f19e50e51_b.jpg

I love the Squirrel picture nando.

I also love the Bull by Fett

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Lake of the spirits

I hiked up the flanks of Mt. St. Helens a few years ago to a spot overlooking Spirit Lake, which sits somewhere around 700 feet higher than it's former altitude (exact details escape me at the moment.) Thousands of logs from forest blowdown are still visible on the surface.

Image27.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 100-300
Fujichrome 100

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
I tried to scroll away from this but I love it too much. It looks like you composed this photo in a studio, it seems so well done.

No colour?? :confused:

pathwayxk6.jpg
Wow, fantastic!

Although I do have to agree with the other guy… Unless you see the sunrise or the sunset on a cloudless day the UK is probably one of the most greyscale countries out there!

*Looks at skies*

…Yup, clouds.:mad::rolleyes:

Chicago skyline around 6AM

This is a breathtaking picture. I love seeing 'busy' things on the horizon. Fills me with optimism. :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Unless you see the sunrise or the sunset on a cloudless day the UK is probably one of the most greyscale countries out there!

Well, a lot of landscape photographers from all around the world enjoy taking pix here. In a lot of places the weather will be the same tomorrow as it was yesterday... but in the UK we really do get all four seasons in one day. I love watching sunlight chasing shadows across the fells... and the best sunsets - by far - are when there are clouds... 'cos then the colours are richer, and the sunset seems to last longer (ie you can shoot for maybe an hour after the sun has disappeared). UK's OK... :)

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Diesel Breakdown

diesel.jpg

Diesel Breakdown
March 3, 2007.
Daegu, South Korea
Nikon D300 + NIKKOR 16-85mm VR​

He smiled after I took the shot.

One the first images captured through my new lens. Like it a lot.

Steamie: Love the colours in the "Robin". Maybe consider cropping off the sides...? :)

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Thanks Freebooter I'll give it a try : )

Your B&W shot of the diesel breakdown is fantastic, I like the graininess of it.

Oblomow I like the B&W pic, is that a dig at no Colour in the UK.
At least when it rains here in Scotland it's nice and colourful thanks to the pollution ; )

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Oblomow I like the B&W pic, is that a dig at no Colour in the UK.
At least when it rains here in Scotland it's nice and colourful thanks to the pollution ; )

Thanks, no it's a really a coincedence ( 'onestly guv'nor ). And I am the last to say that the UK has no colour. It has beautiful colours. But it's sometimes nice to tease people.....

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Thanks. Lake District (Martindale, near Ullswater). Grain in film was/is a very different beast from noise in digital. More organic, if you like... with more creative potential...

I started my photographic attempts with a Minox 35 and Ilford FP4(?) and slide film (cheap, not eastern european, but I can't remember the brand. Later Ektachrome and Kodachrome) It was fun, but I am really enjoying myself with digital cameras.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I started my photographic attempts with a Minox 35 and Ilford FP4(?) and slide film (cheap, not eastern european, but I can't remember the brand. Later Ektachrome and Kodachrome) It was fun, but I am really enjoying myself with digital cameras.

Agreed. Film was fun... but digital suits me better (and I never thought I'd say that!)... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.