Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Could we please stop complaining about Carlos watermark? It is his choice if wants to add this to his images as an extra 'step' against theft.

He has already made his feelings clear about this. Judge the photo on its own merits, and ignore the signature.

For what its worth, I think it is a stunning image Carlos.

Thank you david!

@ Carlos - Your watermark is fine, and I do not find it distracting. Keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks, Eric. I wasnt gonna let it get to me. Btw, I really like that the photo with the outside heaters! I like the way you positioned yourself to allow the flame in the back to pull out from the sides of the heater pole. And don't even get me started on the firework/lazer shot...wow!

Anyways, for those who dont like my signature, then your really gonna hate this one:

"More Than A Little"

2309982008_2538647291_o.jpg

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Not that they aren't wonderful images, but when does our one picture per day rule get enforced? Valdore has posted three images today...

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Not that they aren't wonderful images, but when does our one picture per day rule get enforced? Valdore has posted three images today...

Three.. I think not. Two maybe. One was last night, one this morning, one an hour ago. It depends on how often I update my photoblog, which I don't do on a strict once-every-24-hrs basis like a lot of the overly anal retentive people might.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Yay!

I finally got my first roll of Film developed... Here is one of the results :).

psst!

This is a candid shot I took in one of my classes while listening to my teachers boring lecturing... I literally said "hey victor!" and he turned around in time for me to snap this pic :).

Canon AE-1
Kodak B&W 400 film
50mm Kit lens

Please excuse the very low resolution, as I am using an old and outdated scanner which produces a HUGE amount of grain.. Also this is a crop of a wider original.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Hmm well.. It's not like Valdore was in flagrant disregard of the rules. After all, it is a bit rigid to say that you literally have to wait exactly 24 hours after you post your picture before posting another one.

Most people distinguish between days by nighttime and daytime, separated by sleeping. Not like we all have a 24 hour stopwatch to keep track for us :p.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Hmm well.. It's not like Valdore was in flagrant disregard of the rules. After all, it is a bit rigid to say that you literally have to wait exactly 24 hours after you post your picture before posting another one.

Most people distinguish between days by nighttime and daytime, separated by sleeping. Not like we all have a 24 hour stopwatch to keep track for us :p.
He posted three times, its not as if he didn't realize.

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
He posted three times, its not as if he didn't realize.

Put your big girl panties on and stop crying. His photos are beautiful and most of us here would agree they are a pleasure to see. If the moderators have a problem with him posting too often, they will let him know. If you have a problem with it, don't visit this forum.

Keep posting, Valdore. I love your work. Let's get back to posting photos and not complaints.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Thanks spitfire. Looks like I'll have to invest in a stop watch so I don't offend the self-appointed soulless anal retentive pedantic policy wonks.

By the way, last night's photo was my post for that day if I recall correctly. Then one this morning, and then I updated my site again tonight, so I figured why not do a quick Copy Image Location over to this thread. Sometimes I will go a couple days without updating my site, and other times it could be twice a day, although normally it's just one. But like I alluded, there's never been a shortage of rabid barking loons who view life as a recited script of edicts from on high rather than something to revel in.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Put your big girl panties on and stop crying. His photos are beautiful and most of us here would agree they are a pleasure to see. If the moderators have a problem with him posting too often, they will let him know. If you have a problem with it, don't visit this forum.
I'll decide when I want to visit this forum, but thanks anyway.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Hey Tristan! Pretty cool photo.
Just logged in to post a desktop and have a look at Valdores latest and there's one by you. I really like this, the look on his face, almost as though you snapped eighty nanoseconds before his face erupted into a beaming smile!

I should mention the photos posted by M@lew here really as I've been meaning to post in response to a couple of his and just haven't. Don't really have a viable excuse and it isn't laziness; just not really getting things done that I want to and yeah, to my shame that even includes just posting the odd comment expressing my admiration for a photo or two that I like. He posted a photo a while ago where he said something to the effect that he seemed to if anything be getting worse - photo of a person sitting down on a pavement I believe. I really found myself getting drawn back to it often; it's sense of calm...
Anyway, I digress. Tristan, I really like this. Maybe he didn't beam at you!
Still, lovely light on his face.
Be well, and don't ever be feeling like a leech, okay?!!

Haha! Actually, as soon as I snapped this he burst out laughing, causing many curious glances in our direction (including one from the teacher).

I agree that the lighting was nice - in our room we have blinds and on that particular day the sun was shining through rather strongly.

In any case, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I'm glad that this photo has been received well, as it represents the beginnings of my experimentation with a new medium (film) which is altogether foreign to me. I'm already liking it quite a bit, though ;).

I furthermore promise not to feel like a leech :p.

Here's hoping to see some of your wonderful pieces on this thread soon, Carl!

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Thanks spitfire. Looks like I'll have to invest in a stop watch so I don't offend the self-appointed soulless anal retentive pedantic policy wonks.

By the way, last night's photo was my post for that day if I recall correctly. Then one this morning, and then I updated my site again tonight, so I figured why not do a quick Copy Image Location over to this thread. Sometimes I will go a couple days without updating my site, and other times it could be twice a day, although normally it's just one. But like I alluded, there's never been a shortage of rabid barking loons who view life as a recited script of edicts from on high rather than something to revel in.

I really like your pictures Valdore and I have been admiring them for many months. If any one can post more than one picture a day, it should be you. :)

Anyways, who really cares? As long as people do not abuse the system, such as posting multiple images at a time, you should be aloud to post a picture in the morning and in the night. Who takes the time to police this thread? Oh yeah, Martin does :confused:

timtam

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
BaLi
Well the way I see it:

On one side I am really really admire photos by valdore.
Martin's side "rule is a rule"

But when it all comes down in the enjoyment of photos presented by Valdore, heck I would not mind if he post every single second :D.

Do not stop posting great photos every one! Im really enjoying it.
Here's mine

"Long Life Learning"
2318147986_b616523ba8_o.jpg

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005

haha. I dont even know what 2 of those words are :p
JK!
Anyways, i agree, its not like some of us are avid posters, and we do not update until a week (or its been like a month for me recently because ive been so busy lol!) Who cares if some one breaks the limit here or there, as long as they dont abuse it. Its not like you have to time it done to the minute...

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
It's been awhile, so I thought I would toss on a little something I threw together tonight.

Attachments

• DSC_0252.jpg
    DSC_0252.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 85

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
A stolen moment...

A candid shot of a quiet moment of affection between my friend Trisha and my 3-legged companion, Prudence, at the end of a day hiking on the flanks of Mt. St. Helens, WA. It may not be the best technical photo, but it touches my heart...

trisharudykiss.jpg

Canon Eos A2
Canon 100-300
Fujichrome 100

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.