Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chillijam

macrumors member
2336572625_a50a95a4b4.jpg

Nice shot, but IMHO this would have worked better if you'd dusted the head before the shot. Whenever I try to do this style of shot on my guitars, I'm disappointed when I see flecks of dust, etc, in the finished product. I always try to clean it, but in those seconds between finishing the cleanup, and picking up the camera, a speck or two of dust always appears. :(

Probably the least offensive of this style of shot that I've taken is here

**EDIT** Actually, looking back at that one I'm more offended by the cluttered background, but that's a whole other discussion. :)

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Nice shot, but IMHO this would have worked better if you'd dusted the head before the shot. Whenever I try to do this style of shot on my guitars, I'm disappointed when I see flecks of dust, etc, in the finished product. I always try to clean it, but in those seconds between finishing the cleanup, and picking up the camera, a speck or two of dust always appears. :(

Probably the least offensive of this style of shot that I've taken is here

**EDIT** Actually, looking back at that one I'm more offended by the cluttered background, but that's a whole other discussion. :)

Nice pics IMO!

I shot a quick one of my Fender Strat with Photo Booth:

Attachments

• Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 84

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
To see your photos on myspace, should I register?
This photo is great - want to the sea... mmm
I wouldn't waste any time on myspace just to see these.:rolleyes: It's a pain imop, but it's where the grommets hang out when they're not at da beach! I have a little site here and some gallery links in there you could browse. Thanks!:eek:

bailin' out -yes, that is a downpour in the background...
bailin.jpg

zeesa

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Hey,

I am trying to upload one of my pictures but it says that my picture is too big... is there an easy way to change the size of it?

Thanks!

Julie

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I've been to the Lakes of Killarney... I've been to Kilkenny (unless that was a plot-line from South Park), but why do you ask? :)

Ah, I see..

I was just wondering because I was taking some shots near Slieve League here and was just blown away by how amazing the giant, rugged hills looked.

Ireland is certainly somewhere I could picture you taking alot of photos.

KameraGoddis

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
From the Inside Out

"From the Inside Out"

Attachments

• Tree though green house roof in Illinois.jpg
    Tree though green house roof in Illinois.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Very beautiful, the birds are a very nice touch.

Thanks... The birds were a very lucky touch. A pair of swans came into shot, then changed direction and flew over my head. If I'd been shooting film, I would have been thinking, for a nano-second, whether to press the shutter or not... and the moment would have gone. I got a couple of shots off before the swans disappeared, and - more luck - in one shot the wings made a perfect match: upstroke and downstroke. :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Thanks... The birds were a very lucky touch. A pair of swans came into shot, then changed direction and flew over my head. If I'd been shooting film, I would have been thinking, for a nano-second, whether to press the shutter or not... and the moment would have gone. I got a couple of shots off before the swans disappeared, and - more luck - in one shot the wings made a perfect match: upstroke and downstroke. :)

Now, now John... let's not be that dismissive of old school film! :D And as far as luck goes, you'd be the one I'd most expect to describe it as opportunity meets preparedness. Certainly if you had been shooting film, you would have been well prepared, and that lovely moment would have been captured, I have no doubt. :)

Absolutely perfect. This photograph wants to be on my desktop sharing duties with some sheep.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Now, now John... let's not be that dismissive of old school film! :D And as far as luck goes, you'd be the one I'd most expect to describe it as opportunity meets preparedness. Certainly if you had been shooting film, you would have been well prepared, and that lovely moment would have been captured, I have no doubt. :)

Absolutely perfect. This photograph wants to be on my desktop sharing duties with some sheep.

My point about film is merely that every time I fired a shot, I knew I'd just spent 30 pence. So my shutter finger was not quite as 'twitchy' as it is now. With film I might have taken three shots of this scene and kept two of them. And the swans would have come and gone before I'd make the decision to press the shutter or not.

With digital I'm conscious of shooting a series of pix. The numbers stack up differently now; I'm more likely to shoot 10/20 pics to end up with those two 'keepers'. I pressed the shutter instinctively yesterday, hoping I might have caught the moment... knowing that it wasn't costing me £/$ either way...

Ironically, the speed and convenience of digital is making me slow down. Where I might have spent ten minutes waiting for a pic, I'll now hang about for an hour. This makes me feel more relaxed... less 'pressured' to get a particular shot... and, yes, maybe more prepared to take advantage of a 'lucky' break... :)

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2004
Very beautiful, the birds are a very nice touch.

Hehe - I'm sorry, but I found that funny. Doylem, I applaud your decision to have two birds fly into the frame. Nice touch.

Yes yes, good photo though. One thing I will say for HDR is, for all the goofy stuff it does to land/people, it does allow you to actually make a sky look something like what it looks like in real life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.