Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostinblue

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2004
Milwaukee, Wi
2335202480_3d6f18129a.jpg

35mm scan
Shot from the hip.

unknown87

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2007
Fett, is that a Cadbury's Creme Egg in French?! I didn't know you could get those beauties over there....

Top work everyone else, I feel very jealous that I'm stuck in torrential rain storms :(

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
big12.jpg

Shutter: 1/60 // Aperture: f/6.4 // Focal Length: 190 mm // ISO 1600

Brilliant Eric. So refreshing that you constantly push at the edges of your photography. Yeah I love your images, but if anything I come back in anticipation 'cause you never stand still. It has nothing to do with most of your photos being HDR(that's merely the cherry on the cake); it has everything to do with the fact that though the subject matter is often the same, the results are are so wonderfully varied, so often surprising. They're, you're, not standing still and, well you know what I'm getting at.
I wonder what the perceptions will be of these fisheye photos. Let's see eh.
As somebody once said, you may remember; 'Don't let 'em drain the snakes from your eyes.'

Thanks so much Carl.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Fett, is that a Cadbury's Creme Egg in French?! I didn't know you could get those beauties over there....

Top work everyone else, I feel very jealous that I'm stuck in torrential rain storms :(

I didn't even realize that it was the french side. In Canada we have French and English on everything. I'm not sure if they have them in France or anywhere beside north america.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
I love this picture, wonderful lighting. I like it more if you crop out the top cloud, or at least part of it, as I find it too dark for the rest of the image.

Still wonderful though.

Is that any better? I had cropped out even more, but you're right, it was still a big 'ol dark cloud. And its pouring today.:(

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Another studio shot. I did this one for the strobist flickr group and if you click on the photo you can see the setup shot.

hovitz

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
Signatures

So I'm posting this, in fact I registered on this site just to post this, because I want to make a comment/get feedback from people on signatures in photos and other works of art. While I understand digital media is different then other traditional mediums I find it distracting, at times even annoying, when someone puts their signature/copyright mark in big distracting letters anywhere from a 1/2 to an inch and a half from the corner. As a painter I do not want people to be distracted by a signature that stands out and draws attention away from the work they are supposed to be looking at. Not to single anyone out but someone in this thread that comes to mind is Carlos Robles, he takes beautiful pictures but I spend 3/4 of my time staring at his signature cause it is glaring. I can undestand the need to put your signature in a place that can't be easily photoshopped out but in all honesty anyone with even a little photoshop knowledge could remove these sigs. Not that I want to start a flame war, but as an artist myself I wanted to make the comment and see how other people felt about this phenomenon

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Not that I want to start a flame war, but as an artist myself I wanted to make the comment and see how other people felt about this phenomenon

With paintings, you don't have as much to worry about. With photographs on the web, basic deterrents are necessary. People with basic photoshop skills probably could take out the watermark or signature, but the majority of people do not have photoshop skills (on this site, yes, overall - no).

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I can't comment on why others put signatures on their photos but I put them on mine because I post to flickr. People have been known to download others photos and try and pass them off as their own. I put the signature on so it makes their job a little harder. If I uploaded the photo directly here or on my own site it would have no signature.

It would probably be best to start a new thread so the discussion on signatures doesn't derail this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.